The online racing simulator
Pikes Peak this weekend......
(27 posts, started )
I can't believe there isn't a thread already for the Pikes Peak. One of my favourite events to see videos of afterwards.

http://www.ppihc.com

Has anyone seen the new Ford Fiesta that they're using for this years event and that Grunholm will be driving?

Although Andrea Ericksson has crashed his in practice already:

I wonder if this years Suzuki can break the 10 minutes?
Those things make me think of Transformers. xD Or the rear wings major ricers have hehe.
Did they wind up paving the whole thing like they were planning?
anyone know if anyone will be showing it on satellite?

if so hope my dad knows, i'm gonna be up at the race track tomorrow!
Quote from XCNuse :anyone know if anyone will be showing it on satellite?

if so hope my dad knows, i'm gonna be up at the race track tomorrow!

Man, I'm so jealous...... have a fantastic time and take some pics
I got plleeeenty of pictures and even got payed by some owner to take pictures for him! gotta email those off to him but that was kinda cool I got a job offer like that.

So.. we got back and turned it to speed.. was pikes peak not put out on tv or.. if so when will it be on and who is hosting it?
anyone have any idea?
would help if them image links actually took you to an image
The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403 Forbidden... I guess the website doesnt want us to see it.
Works here
Drag and drop the links into your address bar... that way it works.
Quote from spiderbait90 :Drag and drop the links into your address bar... that way it works.

That'll be it, I clicked on them then refreshed them.

Pity I won't have internetz this weekend, but as StableX said the videos after are great. I love Pikes Peak too!
Does the old pug driver has buttons on the wheel to shift because I can't see any movement of changing gears...
Quote from Scrabby :Does the old pug driver has buttons on the wheel to shift because I can't see any movement of changing gears...

First of all it's Ari Vatanen. Sure he is an old fart now, but he did know how to drive.

Secondly, are you blind?
Errmm... what I see here is still "nice to watch"... but what did they do to the Pikes Peak? When I watched some races in the 80s there was no paved road. And what the hell is the Co doing in that Ford Cockpit? I thought climbing the Pikes Peak is a "Man (not men) and Machine thing"?
Quote from buedi :Errmm... what I see here is still "nice to watch"... but what did they do to the Pikes Peak? When I watched some races in the 80s there was no paved road. And what the hell is the Co doing in that Ford Cockpit? I thought climbing the Pikes Peak is a "Man (not men) and Machine thing"?

+1000, I was pretty dissappointed by the movie actually. I thought 'that's not very dramatic, it doesn't look very fast, what's wrong? And why is there a co-driver? Oh crap they've paved it!'

As soon as they got to the gravel sections it looked really good. Pah! The way the movie was done was great though, and brilliant quality. But nowhere near Climb Dance, mostly because of what was being filmed.
What's up with the sound of that antilag? Sounds pretty cool
Quote from Timdpr :+1000[...]

Thanks, at least I am not the only one

Yes, the Quality is brilliant. I wish I had the original Climb Dance with Vatanen in that Quality (which is not possible) or the ride Walter Röhrl had with the S1. Seeing Ari with only one hand driving while holding the other hand against the sun or Walter sliding just inches at the abyss makes your heart stop in that moment and jumping a second later
Quote from Blackout :First of all it's Ari Vatanen. Sure he is an old fart now, but he did know how to drive.

Secondly, are you blind?

No, onboard u can clearly hear the car changing gears and the man doing nothing, the part where he grabs something i'm sure thats the ebrake?

EDIT: Silly me
Quote from Scrabby :No, onboard u can clearly hear the car changing gears and the man doing nothing, the part where he grabs something i'm sure thats the ebrake?

EDIT: Silly me

The first thing you need to know about "Climb Dance" is that is absolutely ruined by an audio track which I can only imagine has been added on during editing. Maybe they didn't record the sounds whilst filming the images and recorded some seperately, maybe they did record them whilst filming but subsequently lost them. Either way, the sound does not even come close to fitting the pictures half the time. Sometimes you can actually hear the merging of seperate audio tracks. The only time the sounds really fit the pictures are in the track side shots. It's pretty obvious they're adding their own sound effects for some of the gravelly sounds, bug splatters or bits of paper too.

For me it makes what would have been a great film, rubbish, and I don't get why so many hold it in such high regard.
Quote from sinbad :For me it makes what would have been a great film, rubbish, and I don't get why so many hold it in such high regard.

Because maybe instead of the "sucker" who drove his Ferrari with 20mph through Paris for a Rendezvouz, Ari really drove WOT on that Track. Yes it´s sad, that the Sound is not original, but it doesn´t spoil the Video for me (although I love good and accurate sounds, in this Video it´s acceptable for me). You don´t get much Pikes Peak Onboard footage and especially not from that time where the cars where similar to the Group B Monsters
Quote from buedi :Because maybe instead of the "sucker" who drove his Ferrari

nope... Mercedes 450SEL
Quote from deggis :nope... Mercedes 450SEL

Only validating buedi's point even more!

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG