The online racing simulator
#1 - carey
Intermittent throttle and steering problem(s)
Sorry if this has already been asked (and answered), but does anyone know of a solution regarding the following:
1) Throttle sensitivity; if you go full throttle for too long at low speeds (say when entering or exiting the pitlane), the throttle becomes hyper sensitive, with the slightest of touches resulting in it being wide open and the car becoming undriveable.
2) Steering pulling to one side; which I know other people have had (although it normally seems to be wheel specific), but my steering wheel's an original Xbox one, that I’ve had no similar problems with on any other games and frankly I’m getting tired of having to re-install LFS everytime this occurs.
Personally my interest in Live for Speed that I’ve had over the last few years’ starting the wane (maybe since last year when I saw the professionalism of nKpro).
Options -> Controls -> Unlock, 'recalibrate axes' (do it) then lock them again.

tell us how it goes
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
press 'unlock', then 'recalibrate axes'. at that point, steer your wheel completely left, then completely right and finaly press every pedal fully and then release it. then press 'lock'. Also you might need to change the settings in the controller's control panel (if it has any).
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
check if you have digital throttle/pedals, if the driver allows seperate control of throttle and brake, configure lfs properly and redo the calibration thing ( unlock, pedals all the way in and out, wheel left and right and then lock).
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
you say the throttle sometimes works properly (analoge) and sometimes works as if it were digital?

and that the problem manifests itself after you've stepped on it for some time?

Go Options, Display, show pedals [yes]

is it possible that the pedal has a problem? not broken, but needing cleaning. Or the pedal sticks somehow.

does the same thing happen with the brake pedal?
what do you do so that the problem fixes itself?
try the controller control panel in windows, the one where windows shows you the values for each axis (steering, brake, throttle). Does the problem appear there if you keep the throttle wide open for as long as you need to hold it to appear in lfs?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
You are clicking "lock" in LFS axis/ff screen after you calabrate everthing right?

Did you have to load a driver to get the wheel working when you first used it? or did it just plug & play with windows drivers?

What model and make of wheel/pedals is it? oh and whats your OS?

Do you have any other controllers also plugged into the same PC?

If you lock everything in LFS options it should not "unlock" unless you;

1. close lfs then restart it.
2. lose power or USB connection to your wheel

could it be possible that one of the wires to/from the wheel might be damaged? sometimes the internal cores become damaged with overtwisted or constantly yanked cables, I've noticed this is a very common problem with laptop chargers

Good luck

SD.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Wait.
The pedals appear as buttons? That΄s weird.

After the problem appears... what do you do?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
So when you start, the pedals work as axes and after a while they change to buttons?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
dxtweak2 might help determine wether it is a hardware issue
Quote from carey :No. The best way I can describe it is that it’s like going from the trigger on an Xbox (or PS3) controller to a PS2 pad, where you basically just have throttle on or off.

Yeah, we get that, but you keep saying that the problem only occurs after you kept the throttle fully pressed for a certain amount of time or pulled out of the pitlane in 6th gear (which should burn your clutch, I think). So... how does the pedal function before the problem occurs? Does it work properly?

Also, maybe it would help if you posted a replay in which the problem occurs so we can see what exactly it is you do to make the problem occur and whatnot.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG