The online racing simulator
end of teamnic
(46 posts, started )
#1 - _Rob_
end of teamnic
26.06.03 - 21.03.06

Been a great time, but all good things must end....
For few reasons, it's been decided to end the team, lots of inactivity (and frustration at inactivity).

We'll all still be here, and are still going to race in the last MoE under the teamnic name+skins.

Remember now when the team was created, one evening on IRC...was a bit bored, asked if anyone wanted to help create a team with me, just one for a bit of fun - few friends together. MrAss and illegal wanted to, so we started discussing it. Never expected anything to come from it, but it exceeded all our expectations. Became one of the fastest teams in LFS at one point, and achieved many successes.

Won't hear much from me for a while either, need to concentrate more on school stuff, so going to force myself to take a break

Rob
#2 - Goop
wow... what a shame.

Goodluck guys :up:
gl hf
Was fun to race with you guys, cya around
OI OI!!!!

It is a sad thing... lots of old teams dying off I really can't figure out why either (why so many are inactive). You guys should just merge with dSRC and all will be happy

I've always liked your skins too. Can't let those goto waste
WTF? n00bs gone? nonononnonooooo

Sad news on sunny morning. See you on the tracks guys, and I bet, you'll be back quite soon anyway.
sad news ... i always admired nic, also you guys had been a great support to this community and also an example for many of the teams to follow.

I just hope that you all can return someday to reconstruct the team.
Quote from Tweaker :OI OI!!!!

It is a sad thing... lots of old teams dying off I really can't figure out why either (why so many are inactive). You guys should just merge with dSRC and all will be happy

I've always liked your skins too. Can't let those goto waste

didn't you know dSRC is slowly killing off all the opposition and poaching the drivers

we are becoming an unstopable behemoth of a driving fury! :evil:

join the bright side!

sorry to hear about team_nic dying off.....

were we the last team to race you guys?
#9 - XRRoy
it's sad that it has to end this way but most of us will be active as private racers or join new teams. So we are not totally gone...

It was great racing for teamnic and i will never forget it. Thanks for the good time mates
See, this is what happens when people forget that LFS is more important than real life.School..exams..pff! I mean, talk about getting your priorities straight! Noobs!!

I've had a great time with nic.Despite their extreme youth, they're a great bunch of guys.While the team dies, our little enclave on IRC remains, which tbh, is more important to me personally than a simple tag.

/me hugs the niccers

Farewell teamnic, it was fun
oh ye forgot to mention that, our IRC chan will be online for ever

#teamnic @ gamesurge
I was sad to hear the news yesterday. While I've never participated in any leagues (with exception of one race in the internal league, go me), I do enjoyed hanging out with likeminded people.

I remember my first talks with Rob about Team NiC. I was driving the RB4 on South City exclusively and having a great time. Back then time didn't allow me to commit myself to leagues already, so any team I would join would need to be one without obligations -- putting fun as the most important aspect. Which is why I am so sad about this decision. I can understand the inactivity and the resulting frustration, but I cannot understand the decision to end the team. To me that comes across as having lost the 'fun' in everything NiC related we've done in the community, which is certainly not true, I think.

Regardless, I am gratefull to have met some people in the community. I am sure we'll keep seeing eachother in #teamnic on irc.gamesurge.net </shamelessplug> and maybe bump into eachother on the track.

At the very least, I hope hosting the website and forum made it just a bit more enjoyable for the people involved. It's the least I could do and still plan on doing for as long as possible.

Thank you Rob and MrAss and everyone else for your work. Take care
Sorry to hear that! I've had some enjoyable, even great times with some of the teamnic guys, especially Rob. Long may it continue, even without the formality of the teamnic name.
Had loads of fun, and will have loads of fun in the future with the ex-teammembers.

Can't let the team skins go to waste either, wouldn't know what else to use online anyway
Thats so sad, dont go please dont go.
I never really raced with you guys much at all. Once or twice maybe.

Good luck with what ever you guys go onto.
I think the team, as a 'team', no longer exists anymore, but we still are and will stay a group, bonded by common interests and a history together
. In the last few months I think we already were that (a group) and not so much a team.
As said before, we will all stay in the irc channel (everyone is invited to join in ) and stay the fun group we allways were. The only difference is that former teammembers can join other teams that are more active as a team. Who knows what that can do for the rest of the ex-teammembers

We never made a big problem of having people from outside the team competing with us, so let's hope other teams wont have problems with us the other way around either

I will try to keep the Masters of Endurance team alive, so that the name won't dissapear entirely from the LFS scene
This comes as a surprise. And I noticed some team changes already. I think I leave it to 1ST|XRRoy to write an announcement in the Dutch forum when he chooses to do so.
Well I normally don't watch other teams close by, but it surely is a (bad) surprise. Never came into my mind that such a successful team could stop. Well time changes, think I can only whish you luck in your (real) lifes.
Awwww this is too sad

nic was one of the nicest teams around, really a shame
Awwwww

What will we do without our noobs in crime =/

remember rob, FastrCar
Wow, lots of comments....never really knew what other people thought of us, now I do...Thanks for all the comments guys

Vendetta, Fast Car is still here, just going into hibernation for a few months, then should be back and faster then ever
Real sad to see u guys end the team but i think this is a leson for all other teams, never let youre team get inactive for a long period cause then it's very hard to get everyone active again, Frank i sure hope u can keep the MoE team going it's nice seeing a car on the track with "TEAMNIC" on the side. Good luck guys
Quote from _Rob_ :
Vendetta, Fast Car is still here, just going into hibernation for a few months, then should be back and faster then ever

woo that means i have time to practice!!!

hehe, youll be missed rob, then when you come back we will all hate you again for being so fast!
*looks around for someone else called Rob*
I'm not that fast, but maybe the break will help...have got bad habits atm in my lfs driving, but cant seem to un-learn them. So hopefully I'll forget them all in break, and will be better

end of teamnic
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG