The online racing simulator
#1 - GabbO
Race 4 Post race discussion
Interesting stuff, the track really brought the class together. Some hairy moments - spdo appearing from lag, bouncing off the barriers and back into my path, a car flipped at T1 and a clash with Scuderia Forza, while Guv had to contend with the dodgyness of T1 lap 1, dodgy traffic including being forced wide by Conedodgers and avoiding a car in the middle of the road into T1 - made it interesting and the time just flew by!

Bring on the wide spaces of Kyoto
Attached images
gtal_r4_so4r_sr-spdo.jpg
Not beauty race at all. Many crashes. Guys were very nervious and dangerous and attempted to overtake others in crazy situation and risked by themselves and other destiny in this race. I don't know why It happened. Only Lord knows.
sometimes it was dangerous because some drivers let you pass in some hard places :s
Fluid who I passed blocked the inside so i went outside. It's a race dammit, no mercy (tbh it was quite a sweet pass...)
had a bad race danm wall bug sent me flying into the air and spectate so horrid race for ClockWork. I may have bumped into a few people so i'm sorry if i did and i hope i didn't blcok to much as when i had blue flag i tryed to move over as fast as i can and to somewhere safe as my times were nowhere near you guys and whats the point of block a guy thats got times 4-5 seconds faster than you?
Full race replay here, watch laps 60-70 the top three fighting for 1st place.

DOWNLOAD
This was Scuderia Forza's best race so far in this league, without hesitation.

Things began very well after Timo snashed the 6th place on the quali session. Then I took the car for the start, and I must say that I was very surprised by my own pace. I held 5th place for 20 minutes or so, but decided to let pass a few of my opponents to take a slower pace, to preserve my tyres. Then I had a fantastic battle with XCite's car, I remember that we passed together a few times(especially when I passed him on the outside of T1 ).

I was 8th when I gave the car to Niko. This was a difficult stint for him, as he had a spectacular span approching T2(we feel sorry if this distured someone, and then at the end of the stint, had a puncture.

Timo rejoined the track in 10th position, and managed to climb nicely, had a lovely pass on Karma, passed ISR after they span, and finished on SR's tail, to claim 8th place.

To be honest, even if I know that we'd have done clearly better with less problems(we had a good enough pace to be 4th or 5th), I'm very happy with that, as this was basically our first proper race of the season. I'd also like to thanks Timo for the work he did on the set and for the strong quali session and 3rd stint.

See you on round 5 A wider track will provide good stuff for sure
Yann, Scuderia Forza's team manager
What a fantastic race (again !)

In the quali I have done the noob when I hurt the wall in the pit straight after a wonderfull 1.02.77 and done only the same time as #15 FZR...3rd place...that wasn't so bad

Shimano take the start manage keeping the 4th place behind ISR's FXR which was impressive with the FXR ! We have decided to take lot of wing in order to have a stable car and avoid these moving wall :P. After the first hour our best time was only 1.36.08 but the car was like it was at the start ! I took over from Shim in second place because spdo and ISR cars have done bad pitstop don't know why...but J.Di Fabio was faster than me and manage to catch me . #15 make a mistake and the three leader were in the same second ! It was hot because sometimes I was in the draft of #15 and #00 was in mine ! At Lap 60 I try to overtake #15 a first time, but I failed, I try again some laps later in the end of the first split, failed again ! but in lap 67 #00 have a strange crash (return under windows?) and during this crash I manage to overtake #15 after the first split. I push the car as hard as I can to have the bigest gap possible and I let shim finished the race. #00 overtake him easy but they did another pit stop enable usto win the race Our second win after Fern Bay black round and this amazing finish ! Definitely this championship is close ! so beautiful fight in track for the lead !
Quote from MoMo92i : I took over from Shim in second place because spdo and ISR cars have done bad pitstop don't know why...

Hirvonen had a puncture, and ISR was just way too damaged
Re. my crash at high speed... I hit the 'Print Screen' button instead of F9. I did this a few times in my stint and unfortunately it results in a 2-3s lag. All but 1 time I got away with it!

Edit: Sorry to the two backmarkers that I spun. I haven't raced much in the last 2-3 years and I guess I'm quite rusty now. Sorry again, both incidents were entirely my fault.
It's quite simple - on the final lap that you crossed the line to start a new lap, you had completed lap 50, while #19 the SCP car had completed lap 51, therefore you were a lap down on them and should've let them past. In that situation LFS blue flags are meaningless because you get a blue flag from every car, therefore your team needs to tell you which cars to battle with (from the tracker) or you just let every car through.

It wasn't helped however by the admins saying you spun #19 3 times - the first time it is in fact #24 which spins the 19 car, the second time #19 just rams the 30 car and the final time it seems like #30 chops off the nose of #19 and gets spun himself.

Once again it's 50/50 - #30 should be aware of where they actually are in the tracker however the admins could simply let them know straight away after that clash with #24 that they are a lap down and then there'd be no confusion...
Pretty good race for us with some technical problems. After 1st pitstop we were leading when suddenly Jotemi got some problems with his PC and 3 or 4 times he had to stop, because he got 8 fps. Meanwhile I spilled water on my PC and few minutes after second pitstop when I took the wheel I lost textures and LFS hanged what caused dsc. Jotemi joined and we were on 6th position, he catched Sasek but again low frame rate didn't let us fight for the podium. See you next round.
Quote from [no]Kill :Why do we have race admins and Marshall's?

To clean up the shit that happens and enforce the rules?
Quote from [no]Kill :When a team mate get disconnected, there will always be some confusion for the team in question. There for the admins and marshal should be of help

No, http://gtaltracker.lightning-racing.de/ is your help. The admins aren't there to hold your hand through the whole race and go, "oh you should let this guy pass, but not this guy" And why do you have team mates? To help you through the race. If you're driving alone in an endurance race then there's something wrong.
Quote from [no]Kill :They only will conclude with "end of discussion, we have always right, so please shut up"

Well that's up to them, but then they'll only have to act like that if you put them in a position where they have to make tough decisions...
I have to say that I agree with Boothy here, but the thing I find weird, is that GSR never got a warning before the DQ :P a DQ is pretty tough without a warning. But anyway, I wont complain as I simply dont have the motivation to start arguing, as that would only have ended with me looking as a tard :P But the good thing is, I'VE GOT MY INTERNET BACK!
Quote from [no]Kill :"I think the admins missjudged the accidents today, and I would like them to watch the replays again. Also, since my team-mate lost connection, and didnt have any internet, I didnt have anyone to help me with the blue-flags. And I would really like the admins to give out warnings before going the whole way to DQ anyone. A warning would have helped much"

okay, time to clear up the situation:

there were three avoidable incidents with you and serbian chromed pistons... all of them were your fault. for the first we wanted to give you a DT.... the second one was a DT too... so we first decided a stop and go because a SG lasts as long as 2 DTs.
then i came back on the server and while we talked about your penalty, we saw the third incident live. so the order was: DT -> SG -> DQ
i can see whats your feeling now, but in your case it was in a range of only 10 minutes and this is not acceptable.

in your case there was another thing decisive for your penalty: have you learned from the last two incidents?
no, seems you had not.... so there were only one penalty suitable: DQ

and now my opinion: you have to learn a lot about endurance racing, you are very unexperienced in this type of racing.
the main thing in endurance is to reach the finish line in a safe way. the second thing is to respect other drivers and not to danger them. i think you should talk to tommy, he is very experienced and he should have a few tips for you
I agree with you there, a bit Trekker, but some of those incidents wasnt really his fault, even if you want it to be :P But of course, since we didnt know the rules (since it wasnt in the rules :P), then, some of them might be okey. They were trying to pass in dangerous areas, and just divebombed Ken from nowhere on at least one of the incidents. I agree with that Ken had at least one late blocking, but at least one time (but I think two), they actually drove right into Ken.

I agree with Boothy:

Quote :It wasn't helped however by the admins saying you spun #19 3 times - the first time it is in fact #24 which spins the 19 car, the second time #19 just rams the 30 car and the final time it seems like #30 chops off the nose of #19 and gets spun himself.

Once again it's 50/50 - #30 should be aware of where they actually are in the tracker however the admins could simply let them know straight away after that clash with #24 that they are a lap down and then there'd be no confusion...

So after my meaning, both drivers could have avoided those crashes. But mainly #24, I will say, as Ken would have had to throw his car out of the way. So even with blue-flag, #24 were taking too dangerous passes after what I saw in the replay. But then, Ken could have let them pass earlier, but as he didnt know, he tried to hold away, but he just drove in his pace and did his best. And giving a DQ right out of it is just... still a bit tough. A warning or DT should always be applied before a DQ, however much he has done without getting a warning or DT. Going straight from nothing do a DQ is just... yeah... way too much, specially since what Boothy wrote. (Which I agree with).
Its was hard race. We do our best. but we are unlucky. Thank you all. great race. see you at final race.
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :......

A Quote from protest and penaly tread this is my view on this

Quote from Buzzn :Ok to suport my fellow teammate in his case i have now checked the replay and looked at all the 3 incidents
(first look away from the blue flagg, and say that ken is in 10th posision.)
1. the first incident is my teammate just trying to diffend his inside, and the lapping car is hitting im in the side and back, and according to the rules that mens that SCP have to reseve a penalty for lapping a bether placed car.

2. the second incident is SCP trying to overtake GSR, SCP is hitting him in the back in a corner if gsr had braked og tried to avoid there he woud have either crashed his car og SCP woud have crashed in to him and made a bigger mess.

3. in the third incident (block) car number 17 easy makes a pass in the corner after the trainroad and the SCP is trying to pass in the same corner but gsr got the same line as SCP got so SCP shoud have braked there and eventualy whaited for a bether posision to pass

and regarding the blue flag there isnt stated anywhere in the rules what you shoud do during disconecting whit bluel fagg. so therfore my teamate acted as he was in 10th posision and deffended his posision..

When we get a photo of top 3 teams and guest team?
lets finish this SCP vs GSR.....You were one lap down,so,there was no need to "hold the line" and "defend your position",and it is your problem if u dont know what car is in front of your position and what car is behind you,teammates do that work for driver who is currently at the track,there is tracker,and there is teamspeak or ventrilo for communication.That's my 2 cents
I think I'll reclaim a penalty against LRT because they have modified there body in order to be faster in straight :P
Quote from MoMo92i :I think I'll reclaim a penalty against LRT because they have modified there body in order to be faster in straight :P

Ye, me too, they will be banned from the league.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG