The online racing simulator
Need help with G25
(26 posts, started )
Need help with G25
I finally wanted to use my G25 and I have massive problem! The wheel itself is not working and pressing the clutch pedal down doesn´t have any effect on the clutch (and yes I put the right axis on it). But there is no axis for steering. If it has anything to do with calibrating or something, I don´t even know how that works, and I have no idea why my wheel isn´t working. I installed the drivers so that can´t be the cause of this. If you have any solutions please post here. I have my wheel for over a year now and still worked out how to use it.
The wheel still stays straight when I turn it.
Test you wheel actually works correctly. Go to this screen....

1. Windows START || Settings || Control Panel || Game Controllers

Select Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB >> Properties

2. When you move the wheel physically does it move the wheel icon in here?

3. If it's being detected correctly in that screen above, then you haven't assigned it to the correct axis in LFS...
Options || Controls || Axis /FF

If you can't even get step 1. to work.....
What Windows version do you run, XP or Vista?
What version of the G25 drivers do you use?
Logitech Profiler || Help || About Profiler >> Version... (5.02.116)?
Have you tested the actual USB port you plugged your wheel into? Try a USB mouse or USB memory stick, see if the USB port really works.
Does the wheel fire up and self calibrate when you boot the computer? Like this.
Attached images
wh.JPG
pr.JPG
opt.JPG
I currently run Windows 7 RC, so you can count that as Vista I think. The Drivers are v5.04.110 or something. Both USB ports are working perfectly.
Does it detect in windows? (Step 2. from my previous post)

Windows self calibrates the wheel when you boot up Windows. (Well it does for me in XP, vista should be the same)

If you want to calibrate it in LFS, you only need to click recalibrate axes in Options || Controllers || Axes/FF menu. Then move all axes full motion. ie: Rotate the wheel to full lock left, then full lock right. Depress accelerate fully and release, same for brake and clutch.

While you are doing this you should see the sliders moving in available axes.

Once calibration is complete, see step 3 in my previous post. Assigne the correct axes.
Attached images
opt2.JPG
I haven´t got that many axes. The only axes I have are those in the attachment.
unplug/ uninstall your gamepad,

then re-plug in the G25s USB again, do you see the yellow bars moving when you press each pedal?

Goodluck.

SD.
Attached images
clp1.JPG
Did you check that you got power cord plugged in?
I've forgot it couple times and when that happens, everything else works except steering.

All sliders seem to be there
X-axis: Steering
Y: Combined pedals(inactive if not enabled in drivers)
RZ: Throttle
Z: Brake
Slider 0: Clutch

Weird thing about G25 pedals is that in LFS they appear reversed ( goes from 100 to 0 as you press pedal down), but software seems to automatically invert them to fix this.
Quote from Crommi :Did you check that you got power cord plugged in?
I've forgot it couple times and when that happens, everything else works except steering.

All sliders seem to be there
X-axis: Steering
Y: Combined pedals(inactive if not enabled in drivers)
RZ: Throttle
Z: Brake
Slider 0: Clutch

Weird thing about G25 pedals is that in LFS they appear reversed ( goes from 100 to 0 as you press pedal down), but software seems to automatically invert them to fix this.

NO WAY! Is the power cord the cable with the usb thingy at one and a square one at the other end? I only plugged the shifter and the pedals into the wheel and the wheel into the usb port. If it´s that, where do you plug that cable in then?
Ahhh its the one that looks like a laptop power adaptor, with a lead that comes from your wall socket.
EDIT it plugs in just next to where the pedals plug in

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Ahhh its the one that looks like a laptop power adaptor, with a lead that comes from your wall socket.
EDIT it plugs in just next to where the pedals plug in

SD.

IT´S ALIVE!!! Oh, sorry I ment it works now. A big THANKS to all who tried to help me.

EDIT: Attached replay of my first couple of laps with the XRR. Maybe not the car you should start driving with, but I think my driving wasn´t all that bad.
It will take a long time to get good times again if you were used to game pad.

So it wasn't plugged in eh?

I thought lack of a power cord just stopped Force Feedback from working, oh well, live and learn. I was gonna suggest power cord, but thought 'no you wouldn't have missed that out'
Hi again I have a problem again. I had to plug out my wheel and when I plugged it in today, the wheel in my car in LFS goes to full lock when my G25 is only turned 30°. I´m sure it´s an easy fix but I haven´t got a clue how to do it.
#15 - STF
Was your calibration "unlocked"? Might have to redo it.
Quote from STF :Was your calibration "unlocked"? Might have to redo it.

When I started my LFS today it was unlocked. But redo what? Calibration?
#17 - STF
Yes. It seems to me that calibration was somehow lost.
Check the profiler first though, maybe that`s messed up too.
Everything seems normal in the profiler. So how do I calibrate that thing?
#19 - STF
Click "recalibrate axes" (options>controls>axes/ff), turn the wheel lock to lock, fully press pedals, and it should be done.
Be sure to "lock" it afterwards.
Woot! Works again! Thanks a bunch! And sorry for being so stupid.
I got everything wrong once again! I reinstalled W7 now I installed everything and now my wheel thinks it´s straight although it´s has an angle of about 30° . God, I think I´ll never get into this computer software stuff. I hope someone can help me again.
Hi, my name is Mark and I have recently bought the G25 and I have had similar problems to yourself.

Sometimes when I go to work, I start LFS at lunchtime and watch a few replays (in the vain hope of improving). When I get back home, the wheel doesn't seem to calibrate properly and full lock is about 30 degrees.

Make sure that you rotate the wheel from lock to lock with LFS open. This can sort out the axes calibration quite effectively.

The G25 settings attached also show that you must set the degrees of rotation to 900 degrees. This was set to 360 by default on mine and changing it will obviously make a massive difference.

In the game, you can also set the degrees of rotation for the steering wheel, whilst you are in the pits/garage. Make sure that this is set to 900 degrees too as it helps the game recognise that your steering wheel can turn further than the car in game.

I hope that this all helps. These are all of the settings that I had to change to make the wheel work, but it works fantastically now. Enjoy mate!! Hopefully we will get to race against each other soon
Quote from WhackableMole :Hi, my name is Mark and I have recently bought the G25 and I have had similar problems to yourself.

Sometimes when I go to work, I start LFS at lunchtime and watch a few replays (in the vain hope of improving). When I get back home, the wheel doesn't seem to calibrate properly and full lock is about 30 degrees.

Make sure that you rotate the wheel from lock to lock with LFS open. This can sort out the axes calibration quite effectively.

The G25 settings attached also show that you must set the degrees of rotation to 900 degrees. This was set to 360 by default on mine and changing it will obviously make a massive difference.

In the game, you can also set the degrees of rotation for the steering wheel, whilst you are in the pits/garage. Make sure that this is set to 900 degrees too as it helps the game recognise that your steering wheel can turn further than the car in game.

I hope that this all helps. These are all of the settings that I had to change to make the wheel work, but it works fantastically now. Enjoy mate!! Hopefully we will get to race against each other soon

I don´t mean in LFS. The wheel now at the moment has a 30° angle and thinks it´s straight. Not ingame.

EDIT: Fixed it now! I simply reconnected it again and it was fine.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I don´t mean in LFS. The wheel now at the moment has a 30° angle and thinks it´s straight. Not ingame.

EDIT: Fixed it now! I simply reconnected it again and it was fine.

Yep, remember, dont touch it when it turns itself lock-to-lock
IT :

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Need help with G25
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG