The online racing simulator
Kart racers
(38 posts, started )
#1 - Zay
Kart racers
Hey guys,any kart racers here? I drive a 60cc 2-stroke kart.I'm planning on moving up to 125 cc next year.Anyway,I just wanted to open up a post for any kart racers in lfs, just to have general discussion about karting.
*grabs popcorn and waits for Intrepid to come along and mock your choice engine*

I'm an ex karter. I won some stuff, beat a few names, and generally spent an aweful lot of money on getting adrenaline rushes in various formula.

I lost a lot too, and broke a lot of ribs, but we don't talk about that.
hi iam driving in the class rotax max junior just in sweden for now but mabie some international races in the near future
#4 - Zay
cool,Becky Rose. I drive an F1K kart.They are built in italy.oh yes,and mblixt,I will be moving to rotax next year.I hear they are very reliable
*predicts that becky will win the uk kart meeting*
only 10 years of Indoor karting alteast once every week. I also reguraly do endurance races outdoor/indoor. Did 100cc 2 stroke for a year but got bored appearently. But i'm gonna look for another 2 stroker

It was a Techno Kart chassis with a Comet engine.
Quote from danthebangerboy :*predicts that becky will win the uk kart meeting*

hah, dunno I attended last years and got pole but I spun near the start and had to fight my way back up to 4th - but seriously it was not cut and dry Thomas and Victor where just outright fast I wasnt catching up with them.
Do we have any devs coming this year i wonder, as i would like an autograph!

I have found my race helmet ready for the meet, but no joy on the overalls, god only knows where i put them when i moved.
#9 - Zay
Quote from Scrabby :only 10 years of Indoor karting alteast once every week. I also reguraly do endurance races outdoor/indoor. Did 100cc 2 stroke for a year but got bored appearently. But i'm gonna look for another 2 stroker

It was a Techno Kart chassis with a Comet engine.

very cool.Do you know where Tecno and comet are made?
Comet is based in Greenfield, Indiana and Techno Kart is based in Italy
#11 - Zay
nice.2 stroke right?
Yup, 100cc. 125cc liquid cooled were pretty new back then so I was a little boy. But man, that thing was a hell of a fast thing
#13 - Zay
ya,I belive you totally.My kart is air cooled.I am planning on moving up to a liguid cooled 125cc next year.The chassis name is CRG and the engine name is rotax.oh yes and is the 100cc the same engine as the 125cc just with restrictor plates on it?because where I race their is a series with the restrictors on a 125cc engine,and with the restrictors on it is 100cc.
No, it was a completely different engine

100CC Air cooled

125CC LC will cost less in the longer run I guess, 100cc's need to get maintained allot more sooner then 125cc i recon. But 100cc's could go as fast as an 125cc. Atleast with our that was the case and I don't think our engine was standard....

CRG + Rotax is a good combo!

My neighbour drives championship in a Zanardi kart with a 125CC Rotax Max engine
http://i270.photobucket.com/al ... 10_56673064610_178087.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/al ... 10_56673064610_178248.jpg
#15 - Zay
I see.1 question though:how did the 100cc keep up with the 125cc?
No idea, the year i did outdoors i never competed in some championship. Only as hobby drivers because here there aren't really cheap competitions. Only the big official ones.

And as I said, allot of people still ran 100cc karts so I have no idea
100 cc is just that little more mental over 125 , i have 1 of each , but there both for sale as its faaar too expensive to race here
Quote from Zay :ya,I belive you totally.My kart is air cooled.I am planning on moving up to a liguid cooled 125cc next year.The chassis name is CRG and the engine name is rotax.oh yes and is the 100cc the same engine as the 125cc just with restrictor plates on it?because where I race their is a series with the restrictors on a 125cc engine,and with the restrictors on it is 100cc.

GO CRG iam also driving a CRG it rules
#19 - Zay
Quote from mblixt :GO CRG iam also driving a CRG it rules

ya,totallly,I know.I will actually be driving the same kart as you next year;a 125cc rotax max engine and a crg chassis
#20 - Zay
Quote from Scrabby :No, it was a completely different engine

100CC Air cooled

125CC LC will cost less in the longer run I guess, 100cc's need to get maintained allot more sooner then 125cc i recon. But 100cc's could go as fast as an 125cc. Atleast with our that was the case and I don't think our engine was standard....

CRG + Rotax is a good combo!

My neighbour drives championship in a Zanardi kart with a 125CC Rotax Max engine
http://i270.photobucket.com/al ... 10_56673064610_178087.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/al ... 10_56673064610_178248.jpg

I just read this thread and noticed you added on this photos.Those photos are of your nieghbour,not you,right?
My neighbour yep

No photo's of me back then

He kart's with me every week indoor allong with some other fella's.
#22 - Zay
cool.about that,I'm an outdoor racer(track would be pointless to have inside because of the size ,and,it would be a waste of land and extra money would be needed to build the building that the track is inside)
I drive a 125cc 2 Stroke Rotax Senior Max engine.
It's a fast engine. But I'm condsidering moving to the DD2 engine.
#24 - Zay
cool. Where I race both of the karts you just mentioned are raced. The DD2's are just plain fast.
The Rotax MAX isn't fast. Around average, and pretty dull to drive.

The DD2 is just plain odd. Can be slower than a Rotax sometimes, and than rapid in others. To me the whole DD2 set up was a nice idea, but was just too gimmicky. It really doesn't have purity of a direct drive, and then doesn't encaptulate the franticness of an ICC/KZ2. A KZ2 is certainly more fun, and challenging.

Kart racers
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG