The online racing simulator
Automotive attractions in England
(30 posts, started )
Hi, I'm traveling to London, England with my family this saturday, and I was wondering if anyone knows of some automotive museums or attractions I should check out in London, or Bristol.

And does anyone know where I can find out more info on seeing a Top Gear taping?
Beaulieu & Brooklands.
I can't think of any motor museums in Bristol. Enjoy our city while your here though
You should check out the SS Great Britain while you're here if your in to anything nautical (or even if you're not ) The docks area of Bristol is nice if it's sunny.

How are you getting from London to Bristol? If you're driving then i recommend a trip to Beaulieu as well.
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :And does anyone know where I can find out more info on seeing a Top Gear taping?

Good luck with that. The waiting list is ~4 years IIRC
no its not but you have to register to get tickets before a series starts so you can have a chance at being picked.

Also i went to a really good motor museum with my auntie quite a few years back and cant remember what it was called, i do remember though outside it had an offroad course and we went down an almost verticle drop in a Land Rover Defender
Anyone know what they've done with the museum at Donnington while they're remaking the circuit for the F1 2010? Looking at the maps, the new grid straight goes right through where the old museum was.

Have they just moved the collection or is it in storage somewhere until the new circuit is finished?
isn't there an event called the British Motorshow? I was in London while that show was running last year, but I never got a chance to go there. I think it was in Excel or somewhere close to that name. Dunno if that can help you because I don't know if it'll run after you leave London (depends if you're staying until August, unlikely in my opinion).

Hope this helped and sorry if it was mentioned before, because I didn't have the time to read the whole thread.

Cheers
York model railway museum.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Anyone know what they've done with the museum at Donnington while they're remaking the circuit for the F1 2010? Looking at the maps, the new grid straight goes right through where the old museum was.

Have they just moved the collection or is it in storage somewhere until the new circuit is finished?

The museum's some distance from the track (outside the melbourne loop) so it shouldn't be affected.

It's a great museum and has the largest collection of F1 cars in the world. Worth a trip up to the Midlands if you have time.
#12 - 5haz
Quote from Senninha25 :isn't there an event called the British Motorshow? I was in London while that show was running last year, but I never got a chance to go there. I think it was in Excel or somewhere close to that name. Dunno if that can help you because I don't know if it'll run after you leave London (depends if you're staying until August, unlikely in my opinion).

Hope this helped and sorry if it was mentioned before, because I didn't have the time to read the whole thread.

Cheers

I went to that and it was a bit naff, then again that was a few years ago.

And yeah I recommend the SS Great Britain in Bristol too.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :York model railway museum.

Wait, people would go to see a model of a railway museum?
Quote from Bob Smith :Wait, people would go to see a model of a railway museum?

Mhm!

The Moose : Idk. Maybe
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Idk. Maybe

Heh, i suppose when you come over here from a country the size of Canada, York's "just up the road" from London or Bristol
Goodwood Festival of Speed is on this weekend. Not sure if you can buy tickets on the door though.
I'm pretty sure the answer to that is a whole new stratosphere of no.
#19 - 5haz
Used to be able to back when about 5 people used to turn up.

I bet there's a racing event worth going to going on alost every weekend on one of the UK's tracks, perhaps Castle Coombe, conveniantly located on the road between Bristol and London.
Go to liverpool...

There are historic cars (some even from the 90's!!!!) still on bricks in various locations..
2 litre bangers at Arena Essex raceway on the sunday if you want something different
Haynes motor museum, Sparkford. Went a few weeks ago, quite a collection
i went to Haynes, it was tiny and very very dissapointing
#25 - 5haz
Quote from mookie427 :2 litre bangers at Arena Essex raceway on the sunday if you want something different

Indeed, the motorcycle speedway is awesome too even if the home team (Hammers) suck, can get there on the bus for free.

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG