The online racing simulator
How to chat while driving?
(18 posts, started )
Hello,
I'm new to lfs, therefore i was wondering if anybody could tell me a quick step on how to chat while driving.
I often see a few comments on the top left of the screen but i have no idea how to participate in there.
Any tip or help is appreciated.

PS: I'm using the demo with a ps2 joypad, i'm waiting for my wheel in order to purchase the S2 licence. I really love this Sim

note: whats the best time on blackwood gp with a XFG and a joypad, lol
it seems i can't go under 1.35.350...

Thanks again in advance for the support

Regards
SFkilla
Well I type a lot while I race. Sometimes even in corners :P Since I use a wheel, what I do is :

1. Hold steering wheel with chin
2. Reach for the keyboard
3. Turn if in a corner or hold the wheel straight if on a straight
4. Press T
5. Chat away!
6. Get ready for the next challenging corner but putting both your hands on the steering wheel and full concentration on the road rather then the chat!

Hope it helps. :P
i will save my comments til after the race, texting, or typing while driving kills
lol when operating a motor vechile the operation part should be your main prioty not chating or txting or puting ur make up on
step 1: Press T
step 2: skills....
Attached images
SDC10875s.JPG
I just hold the steering wheel with my right hand and chat with the left.
Lmao...

I didn't mean while i'm actually driving, i simply ment, when a race is over and i want to say thanks to the other racers for the good race etc... nothing more.

Of course i'm not going to chat for hours, thats definitely not my thing.

So i guess i just need to press T then...

Thank you.
Quote from JasonJ :step 1: Press T
step 2: skills....

Lmfao! Thats the most hilarious tip ive ever seen. Nice one
Use your F keys, they already have pre binded commands on them, F1 key is F2 is :-) F3 is good pass and F4 is good race, but there are 4 spare slots for the f5-f8 keys.......

Start lfs, go to options > game, then choose 'edit AI names / F keys > f1 to f8, then you can add your own or change them to your liking if you wish, plus you can also add your own commands for ctrl+f key and alt+f key, so loads of room to put what you want.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Use your F keys, they already have pre binded commands on them, F1 key is F2 is :-) F3 is good pass and F4 is good race, but there are 4 spare slots for the f5-f8 keys.......

Start lfs, go to options > game, then choose 'edit AI names / F keys > f1 to f8, then you can add your own or change them to your liking if you wish, plus you can also add your own commands for ctrl+f key and alt+f key, so loads of room to put what you want.

Excellent support, thank you
No probs mate. (It did take me about 10 minutes to remember where the option to change them is though!)
I just use my left hand to type, it DOES make me miss my braking point sometimes.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I just use my left hand to type, it DOES make me miss my braking point sometimes.

You think thats bad, i did that one night in a 16 car banger final, and as it was now the closing stages of the race i decided to join in a small convo between some of the other drivers who were out of the race, but i got so pre-occupied typing that i simply didnt remember to slow down, or steer for the bend, landing me over the fence and on my roof.

And the worst part was, it turned out that eventhough i had been overtaken by most of the other cars, alot of cars had been spun out, put into the fence, or were out of the race, so up until my self inflicted retirement, i was in fact leading!
1) l2typefaaast
2) get a throttle pedal
3) hold throttle with ur foot
4) press T or whatever (best when on a straight) and type fast, then when text = rdy, press T again
5) profit ... ?
It's difficult indeed. With some practise i can now drive and chat, but the problem is I also brush my teeth and shave while racing. But if I push the buttons on the keyboard with the back of my toothbrush i can manage it.
meh, that's what voice comms are for

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG