The online racing simulator
LFS Meeting in the UK - All Details
(206 posts, closed, started )
just bring t shirt and jeans, i dont usually wear any t shirt or jeans under my suit, but i would reccomend wearing them for GP or u may get crabs or something.

basically, bring as much of your own kit as you can, not only is it less likely to smell of arm pits, but its easier to distinguish drivers from other drivers.

thin soled shoes are pretty helpful too, i dont wanna see sandals fellas!
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :thin soled shoes are pretty helpful too, i dont wanna see sandals fellas!

Ok, I'm gonna use really old shoes, should have a thin sole as well

Ahm, what kind of karts are we using? 6,5, 9 or what?

3j

EDIT:
checked the site, no specs
but engines look like the usual 6,5 ps honda ones, but maybe those of you who spent the last weeks and lots of money there can tell us more
Quote from three_jump :Ok, I'm gonna use really old shoes, should have a thin sole as well

Ahm, what kind of karts are we using? 6,5, 9 or what?

3j

EDIT:
checked the site, no specs
but engines look like the usual 6,5 ps honda ones, but maybe those of you who spent the last weeks and lots of money there can tell us more

I think those that have raced there before should starrt from the pits....
Quote from franky500 :I think those that have raced there before should starrt from the pits....

And no midrace join allowed

"Race is full?!?!"

hee hee
Quote from franky500 :I think those that have raced there before should starrt from the pits....

no, they have to be blind folded, spun around 3 times and then try find the kart before starting in the pits
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :just bring t shirt and jeans, i dont usually wear any t shirt or jeans under my suit, but i would reccomend wearing them for GP or u may get crabs or something.

basically, bring as much of your own kit as you can, not only is it less likely to smell of arm pits, but its easier to distinguish drivers from other drivers.

thin soled shoes are pretty helpful too, i dont wanna see sandals fellas!

sry, didnt get it right i guess. does that mean we have to wear such a racing suit?
DaHoe : yea, they provide you with a race suit, helmet, (very bad) gloves, no need to worry if you dont bring your own kit. although i believe for events like these they have some higher quality suits, which are not used very often and are well looked after, so no need to worry!

if you have some motorbike gloves or similar i would reccomend bringing them because the gloves they have there are very uncomfortable, dont help ONE bit and look silly to say the least.

3J : i used to work there a few years ago lol, i havnt been secretly practising!
ok, thx.
Guys....its on saturday! This ****ing Saturday! Are you prepared to see the grotesque spectacle that is...the LFS community

*woo*
Which reminds me I still need to book my train ticket, i'll go later.
lol same here...."whoops"
Im starting to get Shy now.... (see)

It will be great to meet you all but ill probably not say a word!, mind you, this is Stoney... So that'll never happen!

oh and ill be looking for nice CLEAN racing!
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :3J : i used to work there a few years ago lol, i havnt been secretly practising!

OMG, Senna. Are you sure

Victor, we need a pinnochio Smiley just for Senna
Quote from mkinnov8 :Im starting to get Shy now.... (see)

It will be great to meet you all but ill probably not say a word!, mind you, this is Stoney... So that'll never happen!

oh and ill be looking for nice CLEAN racing!

I wouldnt worry about in Stoney, I am pretty sure its you thats getting a lift with me?, I am a bit like that with new people, luckly I have conversed with a few people already online and on the phone so hopefully that will make matters easier.
We are all likeminded people, no need to be shy mate .

Dan.
Quote from Fordman :Victor, we need a pinnochio Smiley just for Senna

Haha Gets my vote.

(it should be animated too)
i was merely helping scotty!

by the way i think that whoever wins can have the honor of buying the devs a drink!

EDIT : lol, we have almost 600 posts about this topic, imagine how many we will get to after the event
A little note for post-meet stuff - by Friday this week I'll (hopefully) have a minimum of 2 servers available for hosting, on 10Mb/sec and 100Mb/sec lines (one directly on JANET for you uni students, and another in a maidenhead datacentre), so if we need video hosting or anything along those lines just say the word and we can get a little set of mirrors running.
Marvellous!

Who was it that offered to bring an extra external hard drive? Please don't forget it. I'm paranoid of losing footage cos my HDD gets full!
Is there any chance we can get the teams finalised before we get there?
Id like to know who Im racing with

I was hoping to get a friend or 2 to come for moral support, but alas, they are all "busy", so Ill be the one huddled in the corner with Stoney
and TAA, it will be great to have a camera man! what time will you be arriving, we need to get the track walk etc recorded pretty early.

turn 3 will be a good spot to watch from, so is the bridge at turn 1, specially for the start the harpin will be a good spot too, looks like you will be convering more miles than the racers lol

heres some vids from today, i carried my phone in 1 hand while driving, and to add to that shouting at swifty through handfree phone
Attached files
gpkarting.rar - 1.6 MB - 130 views
Assuming I leave Bath at 09:12, I'll be there for 12:37.
If I leave at 08:12, I'll arrive at 11:37.

Take your pick
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :and TAA, it will be great to have a camera man! what time will you be arriving, we need to get the track walk etc recorded pretty early.

turn 3 will be a good spot to watch from, so is the bridge at turn 1, specially for the start the harpin will be a good spot too, looks like you will be convering more miles than the racers lol

heres some vids from today, i carried my phone in 1 hand while driving, and to add to that shouting at swifty through handfree phone

oi! i thought you said you werent practicing
12:37 sounds good! u are getting train? me and tristan will meet you there, just look for 2 cool guys, then look to the left and u shall see us.

EDIT : actually, knowing trains, maybe u should get the 11x then we can walk round town or summat
I'd imagine I'm gonna get there way before midday, so us cool dudes can have a good stroll beforehand.
pick up some grid girls

maybe us people could meet at the train station and take an excursion into town to see the sights, i know everything about it.

did you know that a movie was filmed here recently, currently at the cinemaograph?

damn ive said all of the intresting things about northampton already...

anyway me and tristan and TAA are off to GP at about 1 to get some filming done, so we have time to go to town i think...
This thread is closed

LFS Meeting in the UK - All Details
(206 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG