The online racing simulator
A Message from Deko [But he's back now, so disregard mostly]
Deko's power got knocked out by a huge storm last night. So he called me and wanted me to write you guys a post and say that the power company says they should have his power back on by 12:00 pm EST tomorrow before the big race. Also he said that the program and some of the otherthings he was working on will not get done before the race.

Quote from J@tko :
In the event of Deko not being able to turn up, the following will happen:

I become Race Director [i.e I press Green, Yellow, Pits e.t.c]
Boothy, Chris, Falke and whoever else turns up are my assistants, yelling at me to bring out stuff and reminding me to do stuff I forget to do.
Timo remains as Safety Car Driver.

If I don't get back from Nottingham in time [I should be easily back, but you never know], then Thilo is RC until I get there.

Don't worry, dinner won't be an issue

But, hopefully deko will return from the land of the interweb-less and save us all from me adminning

Hope to see you all [and deko] tommorow

Quote from hyntty :Right. Since Deko is absent, and the programme won't be ready in time, breaking rule 17.4 is not going to be penalized. Starting order to be the qualifying order here

ok... that's problematic... thanks raven for that news, and thanks also to the good old telephone, wich made it possible to communicate.
#3 - CSF
Let's hope so.

The programme was so close to completion too.
if a server is needed, PM me.
Hmm. 12pm EST = 1700 GMT? Race start 16:45?

O noes that promotes Jackson as race director. RUN!
#6 - CSF
He might have meant BST and Raven wrote it down wrong?
How do you mix up B and E?
it is 12:26 EST and 16:26 GMT atm, so I think it could work out... if I calculate rightly
it would be 13:26 EDT atm, if it would be daylight saving time
No it's not? EST = GMT -5. It's 16:27 GMT now, so that's 11:27 EDT.

If they didn't run summertime it would be an hour later still.
#11 - CSF
Quote from hyntty :How do you mix up B and E?

Failing?

Jackson backed up by Boothy and I as "assistant race directors" boy... this can only go well. *Prays for Deko's return*
Righty Ho.

This can only go well :hide:

In the event of Deko not being able to turn up, the following will happen:

I become Race Director [i.e I press Green, Yellow, Pits e.t.c]
Boothy, Chris, Falke and whoever else turns up are my assistants, yelling at me to bring out stuff and reminding me to do stuff I forget to do.
Timo remains as Safety Car Driver.

If I don't get back from Nottingham in time [I should be easily back, but you never know], then Thilo is RC until I get there.

Don't worry, dinner won't be an issue

But, hopefully deko will return from the land of the interweb-less and save us all from me adminning

Hope to see you all [and deko] tommorow

J@tko
Quote from CSF :He might have meant BST and Raven wrote it down wrong?

He said 12 so I assume him being in Ohio that means EST - Eastern Standard Time.
Quote from Raven88 :He said 12 so I assume him being in Ohio that means EST - Eastern Standard Time.

Knowing Electricity Companies, it'll be 12pm on about Wednesday by the time it's back :doh:

But guys, rest assured, we'll still try and do our best even if God/DaBanHammerMan/Deko can't come
cool... double job for me... yelling in the stream AND yelling at jackson... tomorrow can't be sweeter...

Quote from J@tko :Knowing Electricity Companies, it'll be 12pm on about Wednesday by the time it's back :doh:

I think, if they would take until Wednesday, they would be deep in depths, cause everyone would want to have 100s of billion US$ for such a problem^^

EDIT: Big thunderstorm's coming here also... I hope that the electric wires won't be torn... but I'm kind of optimisic that we don't end up with a blackout, as we've also subterrestrical cables for electicity...
What about the programme?
Quote from lizardfolk :What about the programme?

Quote from hyntty :Right. Since Deko is absent, and the programme won't be ready in time, breaking rule 17.4 is not going to be penalized. Starting order to be the qualifying order here

We can have it post-race

I have the first 6 pages of it, but that's all.
Shoot, well, late is better than nothing
Tranquillity Base, The Eagle has landed.
I'm BACK !

F**K THE DAMNED POWER COMPANIES AND ANY COMPANY WITH SHITE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Anyway, power came back. I did get most of what I wanted to get done program wise on battery power (Windows eats battery power like a elepahnt or some other large, hungry animal.). So as long as the 120V juice keeps coming to my house, all should be good.

30,000 people were without power about 45 minutes ago of when I write this, according to the radio, they're expecting all to be restored by 5 p.m. EDT Saturday. I'm dancing for joy that it came back now.

But yeah, program should be out late tonight. I've lost at least 5 hours of work on it and every other bloody thing thanks to this storm and stinking above ground utilities and bloody slow huge power corps.

Anwyay, /rant.

d
And a big thanks to Raven who happened to call me after disappearing one night from Vent back in December after losing interwebs during an ice storm. I kept his number in-case I ever needed it, and it saved my ass this time.

d
Welcome Back Deko glad the power company came through.
Back during the heat in summer here in Aus i was without power for 12hours or round about it was less then fun.
so will you be needing a server still or not?
What would we need a server for?
Quote from z-ro 8 :so will you be needing a server still or not?

No we got a server. We're good. The only need would be if our server b0rked, probably. But I'm back, and we should be good.

d

A Message from Deko [But he's back now, so disregard mostly]
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG