The online racing simulator

Poll : Where's the future of the German Formula 1 Grand Prix?

Make the Nürburgring the only Formula 1 venue in Germany.
Let's Move to the Eurospeedway Lausitz!
I don't care.
It should stay in Hockenheim!
They don't overtake actually on track, so we can move to Oschersleben.
Skip it, I hate Germany.
German Grand Prix 2010 in Hockenheim? or not?
The city of Hockenheim and its mayor announced, that they will not continue to sponsor the Formula One race at Hockenheim. This means, that the German Grand Prix most likely won't take place next year, at least not in Hockenheim. The only hope is that Ecclestone in cooperation with the Hickenheimring will find a solution. From the side of the City of Hockenheim it is said, that Ecclestone and the city council find a solution. If they find a solution nothing changes.

Here in Germany we have got the luxury of 4 formula one able tracks, means 4 tracks on wich a Formula 1 race could take place, so we could change to another: Hockenheim, Nürburgring, Eurospeedway Lausitz, Oschersleben... I must admit, I don't know about the Sachsenring's status. The problem of Nürburgring is that they don't have the financiel background to host a Formula 1 Grand Prix yearly. So what will happen to Hockenheim?

For those who wanne have a source, I heard about it on TV and read about it on the German motorsport-total.com site http://www.motorsport-total.co ... _Ecclestone_09062404.html
Lausitzring, if it gets modified to make it a more interesting layout. It's nearer to Berlin than the others, and also nearer to Poland (where F1 is taking off due to Kubica). With it's positioning it would tick the Central Europe box meaning that Hungaboring can be removed.

Ochersleben wouldn't provide good racing, and New Nurburgring is a monstrocity of a circuit only matched by Shanghai Autodrome.
But didn't Nurburging say they can not afford GP every year?
Quote from deggis :But didn't Nurburging say they can not afford GP every year?

yes they did, i wonder they can afford it in the future because they just spend horrend prices on some extension
Oschersleben belong to Volkswagen?
Quote from duke_toaster :Lausitzring, if it gets modified to make it a more interesting layout. It's nearer to Berlin than the others, and also nearer to Poland (where F1 is taking off due to Kubica). With it's positioning it would tick the Central Europe box meaning that Hungaboring can be removed.

Ochersleben wouldn't provide good racing, and New Nurburgring is a monstrocity of a circuit only matched by Shanghai Autodrome.

Basically the Lausitzring layout is quiet good. You've got s/f-straight and the second oval straight as overtaking points in the Grand Prix configuration. (DTM drives a short course) Slipstream overtaking might be possible there, aswell as on the mid-long infield staight, where it might be possible if you better get out of the long righthander before... but that's theorie.
Bernie and the FIA should put the Lausitzring oval on the calendar... Just to piss the teams off.
#8 - samjh
Quote from TFalke55 :Basically the Lausitzring layout is quiet good. You've got s/f-straight and the second oval straight as overtaking points in the Grand Prix configuration. (DTM drives a short course) Slipstream overtaking might be possible there, aswell as on the mid-long infield staight, where it might be possible if you better get out of the long righthander before... but that's theorie.

Slipstreaming would be a possibility on the oval portion, but the in-field straight is too short for that. Good chance for outbraking moves though.

Too track. Dodgy safety record, but those accidents couldn't be helped by track layout anyway.
I say Eurospeedway all the way. Oschersleben would be just a big mess.
i think all racing is exciting on any track, so i really don't care.
I would hazard a guess to say that Oschersleben is too narrow to host an F1 event.
Quote from TagForce :Bernie and the FIA should put the Lausitzring oval on the calendar... Just to piss the teams off.

Are you like Pro-FIA?
Quote from Mustafur :Are you like Pro-FIA?

Lynching time!

I vote Nordschleife. (That's a joke, by the way. In case some smart prick decides to point out it is impossible.)
Quote from samjh :Lynching time!

I vote Nordschleife. (That's a joke, by the way. In case some smart prick decides to point out it is impossible.)

I think they should build an exact replica but smoother road surface and to modern specfications so F1 can reaslisticly race there, that how you keep the original and get a killer track at the same time.
Hockenheim become extremely boring ever sence they got rid of the long Version.

The current layout is more boring then Catalunya and Valencia together.
Quote from Mustafur :I think they should build an exact replica but smoother road surface and to modern specfications so F1 can reaslisticly race there, that how you keep the original and get a killer track at the same time.

I don't think that's possible. Part of the track's character is the inherent danger of the track, the high kerbs, patched surface, dodgy railings, and the shrink-your-balls risk of catapulting into an embankment or gliding down a steep hill to a speedy demise.
Not voting, as there isn't an option for the decent long Hockenheim.

It would have been nearly as bad to resurface it entirely than it was to chops its balls off.
is it even possible to drive on the long Hockenheim today? I heard parts of the old track are already broken down to make place for a hotel or similar
Quote from ACCAkut :is it even possible to drive on the long Hockenheim today? I heard parts of the old track are already broken down to make place for a hotel or similar

I think all the Tarmac got tore up and its just grass now or something.
actually they have planted some trees in the Jim Clark Chicane (wich is quiet ironic) and most of the track shall be new forest, and maybe some parts of the track will get the function of supply roads for the forstery.
Quote from samjh :Lynching time!

I was thinking that But they'd make a pitstop every lap
The Hockenheim ring is a fantastic circuit, don't really see how a short snappy track is deemed boring to half a track joined to massive long straights with chicanes that is apparently not boring.
It was a fantastic circuit until it was butchered by Tilke.
Quote from duke_toaster :It was a fantastic circuit until it was butchered by Tilke.

It's pretty much the same circuit.... half of the original circuit still exists...... the half that ISN'T the long boring half...
Quote from BlueFlame :The Hockenheim ring is a fantastic circuit, don't really see how a short snappy track is deemed boring to half a track joined to massive long straights with chicanes that is apparently not boring.

Monza is not your favourite either?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG