The online racing simulator
Tire/damage do not show up
(26 posts, started )
#1 - Macs
Hi all,

sorry to bother you, I tried a "search" but found nothing relevant to my problem.

If I press F9 or F10 the tire temp or damage does not show up. They used to work a month ago, now they don't.

Already tried the "total solution" of uninstalling and reinstalling LFS, but they do not show up...

Anyone can please help?

Thanks in advance...
Do you have some other software running along "intercepting" your keypresses ?
Do you have TrackIR for example ??
#3 - Macs
Quote from Ripley :Do you have some other software running along "intercepting" your keypresses ?

Not that I know...

I have sent you a PM...
Or an F-mode key that turns F2-12 into other keys (like Start Word or Shortcut-A)?

Have you tried using a script (see the LFS Wiki Manual for the scripts) to see if the command F9 is still recognised by LFS?
#5 - Macs
Quote from tristancliffe :
Have you tried using a script (see the LFS Wiki Manual for the scripts) to see if the command F9 is still recognised by LFS?

I don't know what you are talking about , I know nothing about scripts.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I will go to LFS manual and check this out!

I'll let you know, thanks again!
I had this with my Vista laptop, turns out there's an accessibility feature in Windows that by default uses F10 and F11. Both buttons have been working perfectly after I disabled that feature.
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/S ... .3E_F12_.3E_Off.22_Toggle

By making some text files, as explained, you should be able to cycle through F9-F10-F11-F12-off by pressing one button. This will determine if your keyboard (or windows) isn't sending the right signal or if LFS isn't responding to that signal.
#8 - Macs
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I had this with my Vista laptop, turns out there's an accessibility feature in Windows that by default uses F10 and F11. Both buttons have been working perfectly after I disabled that feature.

I am actually running on Vista, where is the feature to disable? Thanks.

Quote from tristancliffe :http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/S ... .3E_F12_.3E_Off.22_Toggle

By making some text files, as explained, you should be able to cycle through F9-F10-F11-F12-off by pressing one button. This will determine if your keyboard (or windows) isn't sending the right signal or if LFS isn't responding to that signal.

Yes, I am going through that on the manual, I will try this asap. Thanks again!
I don't run Vista, so I can't help.

If you get confused I'll send you my scripts already made.
#10 - Macs
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't run Vista, so I can't help.

If you get confused I'll send you my scripts already made.

Oh please do!

I know I am a lazy chap, but I am already reading the script page of the manual for the fourth time...
Quote from Macs :I am actually running on Vista, where is the feature to disable? Thanks.

Sorry, it's actually an Acer feature, not a Vista feature so it's probably not relevant. Anyways, if you do have an Acer, there's program called Acer Video Conference Manager which uses the F10 and F11 shortcuts. They can be disabled from the preferences.
#12 - Macs
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Sorry, it's actually an Acer feature, not a Vista feature so it's probably not relevant. Anyways, if you do have an Acer, there's program called Acer Video Conference Manager which uses the F10 and F11 shortcuts. They can be disabled from the preferences.

THat is not my case...

Thank you anyway!
Attached.

You will need to edit the autoexec.lfs so that your button choice makes it work. I use Button 17 on my G25. LFS shows you the name of the button when you are in the options screen and you press it.

Let me know if it works!
Attached files
scripts.zip - 1.4 KB - 138 views
#14 - Macs

Let me know if it works!

IT WORKS!!!!

Great, thank you very very much...

Now, as soon as this sense of excitement fot having my LFS back to full functionality stops, I will try to figure out why my F keys are not working...

Thanks to all of you who answered to me...
Glad to be of service.

And do let us know if you manage to fix your F keys
Might not be relevant, but do you have a Microsoft Keyboard with the evil F-Lock key? If so, F.Lock must be on for function keys (F1-F12 keys) to work.

I swear they invented that key to kill productivity in the workplace. Almost every worker at my company has been disabled by this stupid key.
Quote from JasonJ :Might not be relevant, but do you have a Microsoft Keyboard with the evil F-Lock key? If so, F.Lock must be on for function keys (F1-F12 keys) to work.

I swear they invented that key to kill productivity in the workplace. Almost every worker at my company have been disabled by this stupid key.

Yeah, some of the logitech KBs have that F-Lock key, usually top left somewhere some have little "F" light that lights up when in F mode, I bet thats the problem somewhere you can set F-lock to enable on boot but default is off, every restart yo uhave to press the little button again

SD.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Sorry, it's actually an Acer feature, not a Vista feature so it's probably not relevant. Anyways, if you do have an Acer, there's program called Acer Video Conference Manager which uses the F10 and F11 shortcuts. They can be disabled from the preferences.

Thanks
#19 - Macs
Quote from JasonJ :Might not be relevant, but do you have a Microsoft Keyboard with the evil F-Lock key? If so, F.Lock must be on for function keys (F1-F12 keys) to work.

I swear they invented that key to kill productivity in the workplace. Almost every worker at my company has been disabled by this stupid key.

You got it right!!!

I noticed just after reading your post that I do have this f-lock key on the keyboard. I might have it pressed by mistake and since then no F key worked and I did not know why...

I now pressed the f-lock again and all the F keys are back to life...

Thank you!!
Quote from Macs :You got it right!!!

I noticed just after reading your post that I do have this f-lock key on the keyboard. I might have it pressed by mistake and since then no F key worked and I did not know why...

I now pressed the f-lock again and all the F keys are back to life...

Thank you!!

Quote from tristancliffe :Or an F-mode key that turns F2-12 into other keys (like Start Word or Shortcut-A)?

#22 - Macs

Sorry...

In reading your first response my attention fell on the script issue so I did not focus on the F-key part... My fault...
Macs, I think Tristan was only teasing
Its great that you have fixed your problem

I hope to see you on the tarmac some time.

SD.
Yup, only teasing. People take me too seriously sometimes I'm just happy you fixed your problem...
#25 - Macs
Quote from SparkyDave :Macs, I think Tristan was only teasing
Its great that you have fixed your problem

I hope to see you on the tarmac some time.

SD.

I usually hit tarmac more often on real life (nothing as professional as tristancliffe, just some track day around Italy, you can have a look at http://www.youtube.com/results ... amp;search_type=&aq=f)
With LFS I am still training to reach a good level of competitivity before trying multiplayer, is there a beginner's league?

Quote from tristancliffe :Yup, only teasing. People take me too seriously sometimes I'm just happy you fixed your problem...

It's not a matter of taking you seriosly or not , you gave me good advices and also sent me your scripts in order to help me... This behaviour of yours really deserves my deepest respect and gratitude...
And this is, of course, valid for all the other people that used some of their time to read my post and reply...

Thanks again to all of you!

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG