The online racing simulator
iTCC 2009 Champions!!
Hi racers,

Firstly, please let me thank you all for attending the races in the inuaugral season of the iTCC. This season has seen the most intense racing that I personally have ever seen in LFS since I started racing in 2004/5. Those of you involved in those battles on the tracks of LFS surely have great memories of this season to treasure, and I hope to see you back and ready to race in 2010. I have many fantastic moments I can think of when I think of the racing we have seen - however the two that stand out right now is Nolan Scott's audacious pass on Rudy Van Buren at Westhill in Round 1, and the lap-long CoRe/Renesis battle (with a CoRe car sandwiched between 2 Renesis cars) that we saw at Aston National in the final Round. Thanks to the drivers once again, you guys are the stars of the show, and you made this championship what it is.

Secondly, I hope you all find the time to take a few minutes and think about what you'd like to improve in iTCC for next season. I'm asking for ideas as well as constructive criticism, where you see a weakness, please tell us, and where you see an idea to improve the iTCC, tell us that too. Open a thread and make a suggestion. But leave this thread for congratulating the winners if you wouldn't mind.

Finally, it remains for me to name the winners in this 2009 season of the iTCC Touring Car Championship. In the Drivers Championship, the winners are:

2009 ITCC Champion

#16 N. Scott

2009 iTCC Runner-Up

# 99 F. Enersen

3rd Place

# 57 R. Van Buren

A fantastic, season long battle, decided at the final round, with amazing skills seen from all three drivers, even more amazing considering the amount of ballast they were running in the final rounds of the season. Well done to all 3 drivers on their skills and ability to get the results they needed.

In the Team Championship, becuase of several drivers leaving teams and joining others mid-season, it became next to impossible to allocate points to the relevant teams appropriate to those drivers. Those drivers who left teams mid-season forfeited their teams points and have been removed from the Championship table.

The 2009 iTCC Team Champions are

CoRe Racing #2 - Ben Keough & Nolan Scott

Well done to the pair of you, congratulations on a well-deserved victory for the CoRe Racing Team.

Thank you to all competitors in the iTCC this year, and I hope to see you all at Round 1 in 2010

Cheers,

Joe Keaveney

P.S. The final championship standings are attached to this thread.
Attached files
2009 iTCC Championship Standings FINAL.PDF - 712.8 KB - 533 views
2009 iTCC Team Championship Standings.pdf - 94.4 KB - 444 views
Thanks to you, Joe. And to the rest of the iTCC staff and all the competitors. This was the most entertaining and purely fun league racing experience I've had in quite some time.
#3 - J@tko
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Thanks to you, Joe. And to the rest of the iTCC staff and all the competitors. This was the most entertaining and purely fun league racing experience I've had in quite some time.

+1 - I always looked forward to iTCC weekends

Gratz to Rudy for coming 3rd even after missing 2 events
yeah... great job you did... to bad, i did not find enough time to take part... well, tough I think, I could have ended up as rolling chicane
Congratulations to the champs and to everyone envolved. This was by far the best league i've ever been, and despite the fact that i haven't been on that many, i can't wait for the new season to begin. This time i'll definitely signup right from the start.
Thanks for the fun!
The amount of advanced mathematics in those charts amaze me

120 + 48 =169 (core2)

15+6 = 7+6 = 13 (ndr)
Quote from hyntty :The amount of advanced mathematics in those charts amaze me

120 + 48 =169 (core2)

15+6 = 7+6 = 13 (ndr)

Thanks Timo! Gee, I don't get any better at doing math do I? Points updated now, sorry about that NDR
Thx for a great season guys! Very happy with ending 2nd, over all my expectations really. Although i guess it would have looked different if Rudy did all the races
Congrats to the winners here,and special thanks to Freddy here above who carried our team on his shoulder.
wow nice position for me 6th only entered 3 races awehum
Congratulations to all the winners! Although one winner is missing: The organizers!
congratulation to winners and all drivers...ofcourse I cant wait next year to drive again with you guys...and one big THANKS for ICON team who made great championship, its a LOT A LOT WORK..so guys ur great...
Congrats to Nolan for winning this amazing championship . Also Grats to the CoRe Team for their amazing teamwork at the races and winning the Teamchampionship.

Congratulations to all drivers who take part at this league, your were the stars of the show (like Joe said already) and without you this wasn´t possible.

A BIG "THANK YOU" to Joe from iCON who made the biggest part of organizing, posting and broadcasting this league.
Stoney from the dbp team and Dazza from iCON for taking the racecontrol trough the season, and to the "topnotch" commentary box with J.Palmer, M.Passingham and M.Booth.
Whats a broadcasting without commentating??

I am looking forward to the next season 2010, hope to see a few of you there.

Kind regards and good luck to all
Grats to the champions. And thanks for this great league I'm 10000000% I'll be there aswell at the next season!
THAT WAS ABSALOUTLY INCREDABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOP WORK
Yea, the season was very nice so also from me thank u to the admins and everybody who helped with organising the races.

for myself its a shame i could go on with the fight with nolan for the championchip, with 2 rounds to go we had equal points but i couldnt make the last 2 rounds. Quite sure it would have been close but grats to him anyway .

Cu next season!
Damn nice!
Congratulations drivers! Great stuff. And well done CoRe, I'm glad you won as your drivers seem very friendly and have occasionally been helping Clockwork with sets/tips etc. Next step is getting good enough to join

I'd have loved NDR to have won though!
Quote from Timdpr : Next step is getting good enough to join

Tim, trust me, you're good enough to join already
Hehe
So, here's a question:

I have a copy of all of the races in a fairly high-quality format.

If I can get a compromise of quality vs file size and can squeeze all 18 races into two or three DVDs, with an extra feature or two included of some sort.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing a copy ? I can't give a cost, really, it'll be a bit above the cost, any of that revenue will be partly sent iCON's way as a thanks and I'll keep the rest aside for future use in stuff. It won't be enough to live on, it'll be enough to after a handful or two of purchases, to buy some more DVD and case stock.

But say it cost me (in USD) about 3 bucks for the discs and case and labels, and then cost me 10 bucks to ship it, I'd probably round it up to 15 bucks. It's not much extra, but anything I can split off can be used to help ICON and NDR events.

If I can get some good interest, I'll get to chop chopping on setting it all up. It'll be a week or two before I get everything ready to go.

I'm keen to hear if there's any interest in this. I can't say that everything will be professional perfection, but it'll be well enough to be presentable. It could be good to share with family and friends, and such. And if you want to order multiple copies to share with friends and family, that'll be fine.

d
OBVIOUSLY........I'm interested Put me down for a set.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG