The online racing simulator
Would somebody care to explain
What the hell has happened to LFS in 2yrs.

After an almost 2yr break, I decided to download ( yes I know ) LFS and just have a bash, see whats new etc etc. I must admit, as General_UK said to me tonight, its like riding a bike, and yes he was right, after a couple of laps, started to get the feel, and way hay, off we go again, it was great fun, but.......what the hell has happened???

The pick up and go has fecked off and gone ( sorry to be to the point )

Disconnected for bad Setup, not enough wanking points, WTF. No explaination, nada. I only wanted to have a race, with old friends and a laugh, yet I end up being told I am to old, don't race enough and my care plan deserves to be in an old people's home and that my car is tax exempt

Just to clarify, I have no right what so ever, leaving LFS for two years, then on day one turning up like an unwanted tornado, bitching and moaning, but have I missed the boat or something here. I thought one major selling point was the ease of pick up and have fun, not being told, sorry your crap, go and play ************* ( you fill in the gaps LOL )

I must add though, I have found one server ( not online now though HA HA ) Ready 2 Roll, something like that....awesome server, friendly guys, great racing, but one server out of HOW MANY!!!!????

I know with Demo servers you run the risk, but major names ( or they was when I was around, Fusion ) running Demo server's where people have 2 aims in life.....Hit and run, or Run through you and not being admin'd, in Jeff Dunham's words with Walter.....HELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!

Please don't tell me, LFS has turned into the online version of Bernie's F1?.........If you don't fit, find another series to race?

Anyway, apart from that, LFS feels really great, love it was nice to see an old face today ( sorry General ). Hope all the other Golden Oldies are alive and kicking, and turbo charging their Zima Frames Like me.

Best Wishes to one and all

Fordie
Well in 2 years there's only been one new car (i think to lazy to look) a south city revamp with a new layout and the delay of the Scirocco by some revamps on some bugs which has took 5/6 months , not noticed any difference with the online racing for the last 2 years.
Quote from rc10racer :Well in 2 years there's only been one new car (i think to lazy to look) a south city revamp with a new layout and the delay of the Scirocco by some revamps on some bugs which has took 5/6 months , not noticed any difference with the online racing for the last 2 years.

YAY another one almost as old as me Your not getting my point. I know the updates etc etc, as I do keep an eye on here, but just saying about the state of the servers and the racing. Unless ( before somebody jumps on me here ) you race a well organised event, which are usually 100% clean as possible, there was certain places where one, i.e me, say a new customer could come along, have a race, and think, shit this is fun, race some more, tell some friends....hmmm like how S1 was build

Now if, and I say IF i was a new customer, raced for the first time today, I would not be saying the above.

Trust me, I am not bitchin and moaning, just heavly surprised thats all, and just woundered what other LFS people thought about it. If I found this in 1-2 days, what on earth do you guys think that have stuck with it since day dot?

Regards

Fordie
#4 - Jakg
It's because your from Norfolk.

You have to have an even number of toes to race on most servers - Sorry bud
Quote from Jakg :It's because your from Norfolk.

Arr ok Jakg, so what makes you so special.....Suffolk Boy ROFL j/k

But thanks for the "toes" up
#6 - Jakg
I can drive a trac'or round Blackwood in less than 1:40?
#7 - Woz
Quote from Fordman :YAY another one almost as old as me Your not getting my point. I know the updates etc etc, as I do keep an eye on here, but just saying about the state of the servers and the racing. Unless ( before somebody jumps on me here ) you race a well organised event, which are usually 100% clean as possible, there was certain places where one, i.e me, say a new customer could come along, have a race, and think, shit this is fun, race some more, tell some friends....hmmm like how S1 was build

Now if, and I say IF i was a new customer, raced for the first time today, I would not be saying the above.

Trust me, I am not bitchin and moaning, just heavly surprised thats all, and just woundered what other LFS people thought about it. If I found this in 1-2 days, what on earth do you guys think that have stuck with it since day dot?

Regards

Fordie

I check in from time to time but have not connected/raced in a while now. I just proved too hard to find good races down here in NZ, too few racers, and after CTRA closed shop the only real serious race servers went. I hope that S3 kick starts another CTRA type system.

The new VW, if it ever gets released , will be interesting as fixed setup. Might re-kindle the fun battles where GTi or TBO races were easy to find.
I like the arrive and drive servers. I prefer the points system ones though.

Offline, everyone did it when they purchased S2. Go straight for the FZR or BF1 and yell "ohhhhhhh f*&^"and spun before they'd even left the pits.

Some numpties, on the other hand, thrive on the carneage. I was on a popular server the other night and this guy was online saying "Hi I'm new", which was fair enough. Needless to say he took me out in the first heavy braking zone, fair enough, these things happen. For the rest of the race all you could see on the messages was him saying sorry countless times, he left the pits about 4 times with no regards for the leaders too. He was having a whale of a time judging by his messages, but at the expense of everyone else.

You have to welcome newcomers, but ffs, let them straight into something like an FZR and you know what's gonna happen. If the guy I was talking about above was racing the XFR he would have had half a chance of staying on the track.

I raced for ages in cars like the FXR which are fairly easy. It wasn't until I joined the now defunked CTRA that I actually tried the XFG and it improved my whole driving style in game incredibly. I actually enjoy racing it now too! The only thing that made me take a step back and do this was a points system.

Perhaps the turn up and have fun ethos has gone, but these restrictions have happened for a reason.

I've found as well being kicked for a bad setup probably means you were trying to join the track in car that had a mandatory restriction to level out the playing field.

The thing that wins it for me with this sim is the fact that the guys running the servers put a whole lot of effort in to keeping it clean and fun. I tried GTR evolution recently for a day and every server I raced on there was a muppet parked somewhere on the track deliberately ruining everyone elses race.

Only takes a couple of weeks to start advancing through the classes on some of the servers, stick around and show us how it's done, the fun racing is still around :-)
Quote from andyb1982 :I like the arrive and drive servers. I prefer the points system ones though.

Offline, everyone did it when they purchased S2. Go straight for the FZR or BF1 and yell "ohhhhhhh f*&^"and spun before they'd even left the pits.

Some numpties, on the other hand, thrive on the carneage. I was on a popular server the other night and this guy was online saying "Hi I'm new", which was fair enough. Needless to say he took me out in the first heavy braking zone, fair enough, these things happen. For the rest of the race all you could see on the messages was him saying sorry countless times, he left the pits about 4 times with no regards for the leaders too. He was having a whale of a time judging by his messages, but at the expense of everyone else.

You have to welcome newcomers, but ffs, let them straight into something like an FZR and you know what's gonna happen. If the guy I was talking about above was racing the XFR he would have had half a chance of staying on the track.

I raced for ages in cars like the FXR which are fairly easy. It wasn't until I joined the now defunked CTRA that I actually tried the XFG and it improved my whole driving style in game incredibly. I actually enjoy racing it now too! The only thing that made me take a step back and do this was a points system.

Perhaps the turn up and have fun ethos has gone, but these restrictions have happened for a reason.

I've found as well being kicked for a bad setup probably means you were trying to join the track in car that had a mandatory restriction to level out the playing field.

The thing that wins it for me with this sim is the fact that the guys running the servers put a whole lot of effort in to keeping it clean and fun. I tried GTR evolution recently for a day and every server I raced on there was a muppet parked somewhere on the track deliberately ruining everyone elses race.

Only takes a couple of weeks to start advancing through the classes on some of the servers, stick around and show us how it's done, the fun racing is still around :-)

Hay Andy, thanks for you reply, and to a certain degree I do agree with you. Like you said with some random guy, I did the same. I actually pulled off the playing field, let them all go, until I found my feet. The last I wanted to do was to spoil their race. Then I started to mingle, it was great, good old S1 times and early S2 times, people respected each other, no matter how fast or good you was, it was great. Now tonight, what a different story. I could of been Batman in a blue car, they didn't care, no care in the world, and the way I looked at it, considering I have been away for a while, what if I was a new customer, that is not good publication of what is the best simulation around at this moment in time.

You say stick around, trust me Andy, I have been here for a very very very very, oh my god makes me feel old long time, and yes I have seen the highs and lows, but being away for a period, and seeing it's got worse, just makes you think, why? LFS had, I mean "had" a neace market as in online activity, it was second to non, plan and "simples" Sorry love that advert but its not that anymore ( yes I apologise I have tested others )

LFS had something unique, something it build it's self with members, and now, I guess "organisation and money " has taken over.

LFS "HAD" the potential to please everybody, from your "whats this, a racing game, lets give it a bash" to your "holy shit, this is really serious" hardcare sim racer. Now it feels like Bernie E from F1 has taken over, stuck in some really serious and random rules, and lets see what happens sort of senario.

Like the film.....Crying Shame
Lets throw a life line out here. Scawen, Victor, whats your uptake on this. You two have met me, and you knew of my dedication to LFS etc etc in the past, so question is:

A - How do you feel by what I have said and what I have found?

B - Do you feel your strive for a "perfect simulation" you have ruled out the fun part?

C - To maintain the "fun" elements, do you feel that more control is required over the various servers? i.e stop all this insim rules?

D - Somebody just paid full price for S2, yet they cannot race on S2 servers due to restrictions, there should be a notification on servers that are running Insim ( i.e an I next to server name or something like that ) to let people know, i.e potential customers that you need to meet certain criteria to race on this server?

E - I haven't mentioned the VW HA HA :o)

Best Regards

Fordie
i'll explain, Magnot took over the creation of LFS. its all better now ! Happy Birthday Magnot ! we love you
I think the natural evolution of things take the role of where the online racing will go. You will always have those eager head strung people or admins that are to bent on routine and want things one way or no way. I have seen a slight increase since my return, I just shrug it off with a what do ya do? Good to see people still come back. I took a over two and a half year time off when my wheel broke and all I seem to see is new faces and new attitude.
Quote from Fordman :
Disconnected for bad Setup, not enough wanking points, WTF. No explaination, nada. I only wanted to have a race, with old friends and a laugh, yet I end up being told I am to old, don't race enough and my care plan deserves to be in an old people's home and that my car is tax exempt

I'm not sure really about the quality of online races actually as I've been inactive for quite some time now myself but one thing is for sure, times have changed and so has the quality (For the better or worse? I dont know, depends on where you connect and the people that tend to do so as well i guess), especially while having the number of people in mind that got licenced over the years, which should be about (wild guess alert!) thirty thousand?

Funny thing is, systems like the one described in the quote, are mostly created for people like you. Only catch is, that as you've already mentioned, you've gotta stick around in order to really benefit from it.

It'll always be the same at some point i guess and a certain group of people being in the minority has to suffer parts of their freedom or so in order to continue with what they're doing and all that's just because another group of people, mostly in the majority, are either inexperienced, slightly stupid or completely insane or whatever.

There is so much more to say about it really but as I'm getting a little tired at the moment, I'm also to lazy to continue now. Will return tomorrow eventually...

Edit: heres something i'd like share regarding administration these days, since its been put well together in my opinion. click

Thanks Becky, couldn't have said it any better.
Quote from naskavu :i'll explain, Magnot took over the creation of LFS. its all better now ! Happy Birthday Magnot ! we love you

It's all worse now, thanks to that fag.
Quote from naskavu :i'll explain, Magnot took over the creation of LFS. its all better now ! Happy Birthday Magnot ! we love you

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :It's all worse now, thanks to that fag.

Ok, now i'm the one who asks:

Does anyone care to explain this? Who is Magnot and what did he took over?
Quote from LSDBlackWolf :Ok, now i'm the one who asks:

Does anyone care to explain this? Who is Magnot and what did he took over?

He's the guy doing these illegal mods to LFS..
Most of these "you need xx licence to drive xx car" are the server admins running silly ario insim apps, or other things..
Fordman is right though, lfs has changed alot. Not in a good way.
i'm with S14
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Fordman is right though, lfs has changed alot. Not in a good way.

Gonna have to agree with this, the community spirit that once was a MASSIVE draw to LFS, has gone.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yarp I agree.

Also some people seem to have less respect over the game and the forum.
Doesn't that sound familiar to you S14

Btw you are one awsome car in LFS
Quote from Jakg :It's because your from Norfolk.

OI! 6 IS an even number !
Quote from KOB_CHEESE :OI! 6 IS an even number !

That made me giggle.

Regards to Dan's and Thomba and S14, I am glad I am not the only one here. Usually people put posts like mine, and all you get is "Look for another server" or "you just joined at the wrong time".

Trust me here, time is something I have at the moment, and I joined plenty yesterday afternoon, last night, and early hours this morning, no difference BAR ONE SERVER as mentioned.

Maybe LFS is like Only Fools and Horses. The best ones are the early ones
Anyway, long time no speak Shaun, hope all is well with you

Would somebody care to explain
(152 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG