Poll : Would You Watch It?

Yes Definately!
Maybe
No
Yes, If I cant take part
I want to take part, I dont want to watch it
STCC - Would You Watch It?
Should The STCC Return (43.8mb) Video
EDIT: Felplacerad has kindly provided some mirrors.
Mirror 1: Streaming Mirror
Mirror 2: Stream/Download Mirror

I'm fielding for feedback and opinions on broadcasting of a live LFS series, i'm very keen to know if a series as I describe in the first 5 minutes of this video is one you might be interested in watching.

The basic premise, if you don't want to watch me talking (in which case just answer no in the poll :P) is to bring back the STCC broadcast league, but moving it on to new standards within a live broadcast framework with a homemade studio show.

Providing a full afternoon of entertainment with the half hour feature race, all of the preceeding heats, driver interviews, and stewarding discussions and decisions all live.

If you want to know more i've linked a video above. I couldn't put it on You Tube as it's 12 minutes long (5 minutes about broadcast format, 7 minutes extra info for those interested in the series) and they've done away with my ability to upload over 10 minute videos ( grrrr! ).
Yes please!

Although I cant see the video

But anyways, I think it would be great!

Edit - Now I can
yes 100%
#4 - Danke
I was a big fan of the original STCC broadcasts, and I'm sure I'd watch these too, although not live. I hardly watch anything live anymore. If it weren't for my DVR I'd never watch any racing at all.
Absolutely.
Quote :although not live

That's a good point, the 'afternoon' of racing would be broken up into a number fo shows and each race show would be downloadable. Some of the between session stuff might not be, but that's a detail a long way from being figured out.

I should also mention btw, if you are interested in being on the broadcast or race control team and can get to Cambs please PM me I would love to hear from you
Video "podcasts" would be interesting. Definately.
#8 - Danas
Allways loved the STCC series. Absolutely for this
Bring it back please

I know we tried to use a similar idea as the STCC with the TBO Challenge, although our broadcasts were nowhere near yours. Im sure it would be brilliant
Ooh I'm near Cambs

Anyway I'd definitely watch it - the old STCC vids were awesome
I spendt all my time watching the same races over and over again so i guess i will like this

I want to also race
Sounds very ambitious Becky, and if you do go ahead then I wish you all the best with it, and obviously if I could help in any manner than I could without a doubt.

As for the event, I'm sure that it will be worth tuning in much like the downloads of the STCC in the old times.
Absolutely! It was awesome to race in the STCC. Would love to race again, but wouldn't mind watching either
I definately would watch.
But of course. Especially if it means watching Nolan or PMD win it all.
I would definately watch it. I would want to enter too but sadly my work timetable is randomly generated by a computer, and computers don't understand that weekends are meant for motorsport not work.
Would like to watch (rather than take part).
The STCC videos were brilliant, they really merged sim and real racing... if that makes sense
Unfortunately I very rarely have time to watch any racing on TV, and a full afternoon of it isn't something I'm likely to bother with. A short highlights program (max. 15 mins) for the afternoon would be more appealing to me, I found the previous series to long to find time to watch.
I understand what you want to do, your video was very informative. I am not what I would call a virtual motorsports spectator. I can sit and watch my team mates racing a couple of laps - but thats about it.

I am an avid fan of motorpsort tho, and If I had a particular person or 2 - who I was interested in watching - then yes - I would.

I normally fall asleep for the GP... watch the start and finish - but I think that an LFS race day would be a good idea and may hold my interest.

I only say "May" as I am not sure.

Good luck with the Project
Not only would I like to race it, I would probably also watch it on-demand.
#22 - Vain
Naturally I'll be there for STCC2.
I still once in a while check the old stcc forum because I'm still looking for that last round of the STCC that never aired.

As a spectator I'd personally prefer a non-live version. It makes the broadcast a lot cooler because you (Becky) have some time to work on it and re-do all the mess-ups if they happen. "We're sorry for the problems with the overlays" doesn't really excuse for the fact that the live-overlay got all the driver's names or cars wrong. I'd rather see a non-live version where the overlays are properly fixed than a live version with issues.
For me watching STCC was about making space one day of the week, closing the windows, shutting off the mobile and watching a good show of action packed racing. A live-show can deliver that, but the recorded version will do it a lot better at a fraction of the work.

Vain
I would only take part. I highly enjoyed the format that we used in the last races. No live stuff plz, just use the old style of it.
#24 - Dmt
Guys! your chanse! Becky inviteing to her place!
Just hope I don't commentate again and melt your ears with my [apparently] unexcitable voice...

(Though I think I have quite an emotive, versatile voice in real life? )

STCC - Would You Watch It?
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG