The online racing simulator
Design your own Semi-custom Racing Cockpit
Hello Fellow Sim Racer,

My name is Paul and I would love for you to design your own racing simulation cockpit.

Currently, me and my team have built a prototype and would like to hear some feedback on. As so far, we built an extremely solid frame. The entire frame is built from 8 gauge square polished steel tubing. For a sense of durability: the steering wheel mount can support 220+ pounds (100+ kgs). Moreover, the chair is full adjustable (horizontally) as is the steering wheel mount (vertically). We plan on offer free painting of the color of your choice with every purchase. Next we will add a monitor stand (probably on the right hand side) as well as offer the option of a monitor stand, For those of you with a Logitech G25 shift knob, or other detached shift knobs, we will offer an adjustable stand that will attached on either side.

Original Idea is to just sell the cockpit frame so anyone can buy the exact seat (from Sparco and Bride to junkyard treasures) they want. However, if there is much interest in buying the a complete cockpit, I will hunt down a supplier.

Dimensions
L: 48'' (122cm)
W: 24' (61cm)'
H: 20-24'' (51cm-61cm)

Future images will be higher quality

We would love to hear more from you!

*** Desired Addition: Monitor Stand, Gear Shift Stand, Keyboard Stand
*** Features: How Modular would you like it to be? What other features are important to you?
and
*** Preferred Payment Method and Price (eBay, Paypal, etc..)

Hopefully we can build something great together!
Sorry but the pic link won't work
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zly9t0&s=5

This URL looks like a typo.
Quote from JasonJ :Sorry but the pic link won't work

That's strange, the URL looks different on my screen.

This is the same picture on another host

http://yfrog.com/11picture144fj
Quote from JasonJ :Sorry but the pic link won't work

& = "&" = shift+6.. Just for future screw-ups between computers :P
Quote from Feffe85 :& = "&" = shift+6.. Just for future screw-ups between computers :P

Good to know
I think I found a shipping company (USPS) that would be able to ship this cockpit to the UK and Northern Ireland for about $100 (60 British Pounds)

I want to prove the quality of this product. If someone is interested in this cockpit please email me. I am willing to sell a few units at a introductory lower rate.

All I ask in return in an honest review posted on the forum. I know that you will enjoy it. :-)
hello there. this is quite good looking n that, but whats the price? also, does it include a wheel and seat, or only the stand or are they optional? and where can you ship it?. if you could answer those i could maybe be considering buying not sure yet tho, but that is also good info for other ppl
Quote from batteryy :hello there. this is quite good looking n that, but whats the price? also, does it include a wheel and seat, or only the stand or are they optional? and where can you ship it?. if you could answer those i could maybe be considering buying not sure yet tho, but that is also good info for other ppl

Thanks

Pricing for the United states, will be $199.99+shipping (~£120 at current exchange rates) for just the frame. Shipping within the continental united states will vary from $9.99 to $19.99. We also plan on selling monitor stands, which would be able to support similar weights as the steering wheel mount (100kgs), keyboard stands, and gear shift stands between $19.99 and $39.99. However, I want to prove my product. I am willing to ship a few orders with gear shift stand, keyboard stand, and monitor stand for $199.99+shipping.

Currently, I do not have a supplier for the seats or steering wheels but if you want those options I will sell them to you at cost. If you have your own seats, all I will need is a picture of you holding a tape measure next to the seat rails so I can weld the frame rails into the right place.

We are Chicago based so I would need to figure out a good shipping option to the UK.

I hope someone from the United States also consider this offer while I work out the details with my shipping company about shipments to the UK.

Here's a little update:

We decided, unless there are major objection by anyone one on this board, that the all stands will "plug" into the main frame. The rails are about a hollow 1/2'' square and that will slide over a solid 1/2'' square. We believe that this design will give us the stability, adjustability, and design to ship the racing cockpit in as small of a box as possible

Please keep the questions coming.
Quote from logitekg25 :i might be interested, but i am not sure if 2 feet wide is enough...my birth day is coming up and i might have to add this thread link to this thread>>> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1198152#post1198152

How big are you? One of my friends, 6'5'' and 265 lbs, got into my cockpit with a real Tenzo racing seat which is about the same width (maybe a little smaller) and he fit fine.

With all my research, I have found very very few seats that are wider and many that are smaller.

However, if you do find a bigger seat, I will fabricate the cockpit so it does support it.

Please keep us in mind when your birthday comes around. We hope to sell a few cockpits to forum members at a discounted price (fully loaded with every accessory stand) to prove the product's quality.
i am from around the boston area (fyi for shipping info IF i decide to buy) and about my size and weight...i am actually 13 , and about 135 pounds...i was not worried, i was just wondering how cramped, because an average shoulder width is about that...but what ever works.

is there any way i can get brief instructions to what exactly ajusts, and slides into what for the g25 (that i have :tilt

i would need moniter stand, and also the shifter, for left side driving.

thank you for a very nice product!
Finally product will have

1) Seat adjustment - Horizontal
2) Steering wheel Stand adjustment -Vertical
3) Monitor Stand adjustment -Vertical and Horizontal
4) Gear Shift Stand (Vertical)
i am interested, but i wont know until a little before july 20 (my b-day:tilt
I'm interested. I sent you a PM.
not the time or the...uhhhh...time for me to buy one
Neat. I built my own out of extruded aluminum a while ago and it is fairly similar in design. Heres some suggestions:

1) Include an optional keyboard tray. Mine doesn't have one and it's very difficult to pick up the keyboard off the floor while racing. Originally I didn't care (a real car doesn't have a keyboard holder afterall!) but sim racing != real racing and you do need to use the keyboard occasionally (whether it's to save a replay, change pit commands, apologize to someone, etc.).

2) Upload some better quality photos - include some with different size monitors sitting on the stand. Many people who buy cockpit tends to have very large LCDs and don't feel comfortable with their monitor/LCD tv hanging halfway off of the stand. A video wouldn't hurt either!

3) The top wheel/monitor stand looks fairly thin - not sure if it would present problems mounting other wheels like fanatecs (never used it).

4) I'm not sure if optical mice will work well on reflective surfaces so perhaps include a mouse pad (if monitor stand intended to be used for mouse).

5) Not sure if it's necessary, but it would be better if the shifter mount was adjustable too. Mine is positioned perfectly in all 3 dimensions based on my real car and it feels very natural.

thewayiplay.com is a good community for cockpit builders/fans - you can probably get some good feedback there too.

good luck!
a little down the line i might be interested...but i need support for 3 moniters, and make it ajustable in a way that i can use only 2 or one if i want (incase i can only get 1 or 2) keyboard stand if possible (no big deal) mouse pad (if not then floor is probably fine :razz and if possible, a way to either invert (scroll down), or an attachment (the one i want more) sorry for being a hastle
Sounds good.

Expect a high quality photo update soon

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG