The online racing simulator
2- or 4-stroke?
(59 posts, started )

Poll : 2 or 4 stroke

4-stroke
2-stroke
2- or 4-stroke?
simple poll, witch do you prefer on any type of motorcycles or atvs?
doesn't 4-stroke combust gasoline better?
4-stroke i think they run better and sound better than 2 strokes
Quote from Robbo01 :4-stroke i think they run better and sound better than 2 strokes

yeah. i hate the sound of 2-strokes. altrought i like some bigger motorcycles that are 2-strokes, they sound better than 4-strokes. but in motocross/enduro i like 4-stroke alot more than 2-stroke
publick poll stopped ppl from voting again? 18 views, 3 votes
I think it's rather a case of: I don't vote in a poll that has no option I'd chose.
I guess many in here just don't think about liking 2 or 4 strokes more, including myself :P
To get more participation, you'd need two more options: "I like both" and "I hate both".

Also, I rather suspected a topic that disputes the pros and cons of both types of engine, which was the reason I clicked on it in the first place.
2-stroke is the rider's/driver's engine

2 stroke bike engines do sound a bit dodge but on a kart 2-stroke - 20,000rpm aircooled direct drive wam bam thankyou mam! 16:1 fuel to castor... the SMELLLLLL YYYEEESSS

I think rossi himself prefers the 500ccs Vs the modern 4 strokes. More skill was needed with the older engines
#8 - 5haz
rotary for the win.
Give me an RD500LC or an RG500 Gamma, and I'd be a VERY happy man.

2 Stroke has a lot of happy memories for me (RD350LC, RG250 Gamma etc etc), but they are a bit crude.

You can't help but love the kick of the powerband, or the smell of fully synthetic 2 stroke oil, or the noise.

However, I love my 4 stroke v-twin, so I couldn't pick between them.
2 strokes sound cool
4 Strokes because I don't like to have to rebuild my engines every 4000 miles. I've ran both on the road and 2T's are noisy, annoying, hairdrier of a piece of an engine and require £14/l oil to burn. Nice?

What's more my 4cyl, 750cc 4 stroke bike gave better fuel economy, even when I thrased it, than the single cyl 125cc 2 stroke. So a big no thanks to 2 stroke.

Quote from danowat :Give me an RD500LC or an RG500 Gamma, and I'd be a VERY happy man.

2 Stroke has a lot of happy memories for me (RD350LC, RG250 Gamma etc etc), but they are a bit crude.

You can't help but love the kick of the powerband, or the smell of fully synthetic 2 stroke oil, or the noise.

However, I love my 4 stroke v-twin, so I couldn't pick between them.

RS250.. 2 stroke V-twin.
2-strokes *smell* nicer
edit
2 Stroke for me.
Sounds better.
But I have to say the VT 250 Vampire engine is the best one I have ever heard of 4 Strokers.
I have only ridden four stroke motorcycles, so I can't really give an opinion on how they compare to 2 strokes Although the powerband of the 2 stroke race kart I've driven was fun.
2 stroke for sure, much more power. More rpms and better acceleration. 4 strokers fart. Owned 2 stroke 50cc Aprilia scooter tho - it was stolen few weeks ago, gotta call to police department anyways
4stroke,

had 2 2t's, my current Rieju rs2 2t does 75mph...but its shagged every week.
for dirt bike/motox 2 stroke for enduo or road bike 4 stroke :P

no 4 stroke feels like a KX 500 race 2 stroke the power and tq of that thing put cbr1000's to shame
If it's about insane HP figures regarding the given engine displacement, then 2stroke all the way
If it's about practicality, fuel efficiency, and smoother powercuerve, then 4stroke hands down.
2T at least on bikes are dreadful, they're twitchy and annoying and don't work in town and make silly NIIIIIIIIIING noises everywhere you go.. plus if you hit the powerband in the middle of a corner it'll spit you straight off.

Fun days.
I've only ridden a little bike when I was younger so I have no real experience on 'proper' bikes, but as a spectator I've got to say I like 4 strokes better. Whenever I think of a 2 stroke bike I think of something that smokes a lot, is dirty and is noisy without being musical. The sound of a big Ducati 4 stroke, on the other hand, is just fantastic.
I believe 2-stroke engines were banned in Canada some time ago because they created a lot of pollution. Everything is 4-stroke now, even lawnmowers.
Doupt it... A lot of karts run 2 stroke engines...
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I believe 2-stroke engines were banned in Canada some time ago because they created a lot of pollution. Everything is 4-stroke now, even lawnmowers.

Yarp cause they burn that bloody oil. Most stuff is 4T now.. people don't want the hassle or the silly noise..
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I believe 2-stroke engines were banned in Canada some time ago because they created a lot of pollution. Everything is 4-stroke now, even lawnmowers.

lol?

2- or 4-stroke?
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG