The online racing simulator
D-R-T servers.
(56 posts, started )
I am definatly overtaxed. I think the majority of the nation is over taxed. Espeacially Chavs. Everything over taxes them. With their hoodies and chavved up Vauxhall Corsa's. Barely being able to string a sentance together with out it containing at least six 'Yea but's'

'Am I bovvered. Does this face look bovvered . . . Bovvered?'

God I hate Chavs.

And I hate whingers. I hate bloody middle english moaners. Them that moans about the government, but who don't vote. Who complain about he health of the nation but who still smoke. And middle laners. I ****ing hate middle laners. Damn them, damn them all to hell.

I am one of lifes little ironies. I am a self contained irony.
#27 - SamH
Quote from Funnybear :And I hate whingers. I hate bloody middle english moaners. Them that moans about the government, but who don't vote. Who complain about he health of the nation but who still smoke. And middle laners. I ****ing hate middle laners. Damn them, damn them all to hell.

I am one of lifes little ironies. I am a self contained irony.

I drank my coffee twice, reading that! hehe
lol.
ooops...
Sorry for any inconvinience racing on d-r-t servers. Someone just forgot to reactivate it after vot-ban was disabled for a reason I don't know. It's on again....let's hope bans will be rarely necessary, but sometimes it seems the only way to drive a decent race.
Wahyhay. Thanks mate.

We just had some really bad few days thats all. Couldn't do anything about some intentional wreckers . . . .

But thankyou for replying and telling us whats what . . .
Quote from ellis_dee :Sorry for any inconvinience racing on d-r-t servers. Someone just forgot to reactivate it after vot-ban was disabled for a reason I don't know. It's on again....let's hope bans will be rarely necessary, but sometimes it seems the only way to drive a decent race.

I do a question/complaint *depending on the situation* on the server from last night.

I was having a good race, Stoke slowly catching me up, on the AS National curcuit. And near the end of the race, I suddenly got a 30 second time penatly, as did Guti, but no one else recieved it.

I noticed that D-R-T Skorpion was on, I was asking why I got a 30 second time penalty out of nowhere, and I got no reply whatsoever.

A good race that was spoilt, all because of an unexplained action..
I think it's actually a known bug. Never had it myself but from what I have read it does happen on occasion.

One of those things that are to be fixed. Probs nothing you did, unless you where speeding in pit. But you would have known if you had done that.
If I was speeding in the pit, I would have known right after. But this was 4 laps later.
Yea, thats what I figured. I am pretty sure it's a bug. Some of the other regulars will probable have a better idea.
No, with Admin-permission you can give people drive-through and stop&go penalties. If this is done in last 2 or 3 laps, you get a time penalty.

So, I doubt it was a bug, maybe you either crashed someone in lap1, turn 1 or whenever, you werent liked, the admin went nuts or and admin was playin a prank on you. Still, no nice move, to not even explain, why you got that.
Quote from Vykos69 :No, with Admin-permission you can give people drive-through and stop&go penalties. If this is done in last 2 or 3 laps, you get a time penalty.

So, I doubt it was a bug, maybe you either crashed someone in lap1, turn 1 or whenever, you werent liked, the admin went nuts or and admin was playin a prank on you. Still, no nice move, to not even explain, why you got that.

The only member at the time, was D-R-T Skorpion. I don't recall crashing to anyone, only little bumps when defending my line. That was it, the rest of the race, was more like race pace and pit stop races.

But netherless, to give a 30 second time penalty, and not get a reason, after asking, did not impress me at all, and spoilt the whole game.

The penalty happened after 3, not in between the laps I may recieve the penalty.

I'm ok about, just disappointed the way it was handled.
I doubt if the admin just dished out the penalty without giving you a reason. 'Snot the way 'tings are done 'round 'ere.

Still reckon it's a bug.
Quote from SamH :Do you have to be a New Yorker to be an American who gets sarcasm? .

YES.

I say sarcastic things all the time that would be just plain understood in the northeast and these folks here in the southwest stare at me like I'm crazy or I killed their dog, depending on the particular remark.

Quote from hallen :
And how many of those actors on Friends do you really think came from New York in the first place, hmmmm?

Who cares? Where are the writers from?

Dana Klein: NY
Marta Kauffmann: Went to Brandeis, then took up theatre in NY
David Crane: Ditto.

Humor like friends just doesn't come from Georgia. I'm making a generalization, but sometimes that isn't so crazy or bad.
I had two Newyorkers come into my bar once. Real 'ol native new yorkers with that realy thick New yorker Drawl which can make one word last a minute.

They asked for 'Cayaannndddeeee'.

'Hmm. What?'

'Cayaanndeeee? Do yew have any Cayaannndeee?'

'Excuse me? What?'

Then they started talking like the brits to do non understanding foriegners. They rasied their voices and spoke slower . . .

'DO. YOU. HAVE. ANY. CAY. AND. DEEEE? Sheesh Maud. He sure is dum. I thought these brits spoke the same language.'

'Oh. Oh. Candy. Your sayiung candy. Chocolate. You want chocolate. My god, why didn't you just say so . . . '

It was funny at the time. Kinda had to be there really.
I thought they where ordering cyanide...
Might have given it too . . .
Quote from Funnybear :I had two Newyorkers come into my bar once. Real 'ol native new yorkers with that realy thick New yorker Drawl which can make one word last a minute.

Haha.

Those weren't NY folks....they were Georgians. Conversation with new yorker would have gone:

Where's the candy?

Where is the candy?

CANDY!
Would they have pulled a gun too?
Oh hell no.

New York doesn't believe in guns.

The only folks with (handguns) on the streets of NY are criminals that bought them from some guy that "legally" purchased them in Georgia, filed the numbers off, and resold them on the streets of NY.
Deeper is from Poland and is claimed to have never raced.
???

Quote :I had two Newyorkers come into my bar once. Real 'ol native new yorkers with that realy thick New yorker Drawl which can make one word last a minute.

They asked for 'Cayaannndddeeee'.

'Hmm. What?'

'Cayaanndeeee? Do yew have any Cayaannndeee?'

'Excuse me? What?'

Then they started talking like the brits to do non understanding foriegners. They rasied their voices and spoke slower . . .

'DO. YOU. HAVE. ANY. CAY. AND. DEEEE? Sheesh Maud. He sure is dum. I thought these brits spoke the same language.'

'Oh. Oh. Candy. Your sayiung candy. Chocolate. You want chocolate. My god, why didn't you just say so . . . '

It was funny at the time. Kinda had to be there really.

me like Cayaannndeee.best post ever.lollollollollollollol
Quote from skiingman :YES.

I say sarcastic things all the time that would be just plain understood in the northeast and these folks here in the southwest stare at me like I'm crazy or I killed their dog, depending on the particular remark.

Uh, ya. It's just that they probably can't understand a word you are saying seeing as they speak English there. Also, there is an assumption of civility and politeness out west and sarcasm is saved for people who you are willing to call a friend, if it is meant as a jest, and for your enemies if it is not.

Quote from skiingman :
Who cares? Where are the writers from?

Dana Klein: NY
Marta Kauffmann: Went to Brandeis, then took up theatre in NY
David Crane: Ditto.

Humor like friends just doesn't come from Georgia. I'm making a generalization, but sometimes that isn't so crazy or bad.

DOH! I forgot, ain't nuthin gud 'les it come outa Nnugh Yauk.
Lets see, 6 under-employed 20-something characters living in apartments way beyond their means, getting themselves caught in all kinds of goofy situations yet still manage to maintain their strong bond of friendship even while they swap mates like fruit flies in heat... Nope, I guess that kind of humor couldn't happen anywhere but New York.

Oh, and since David Crane was born in Philadelphia and is Ditto with Marta, then I assume neither of them are from New York?

The only thing I don't like about New York (city) is that way too many New Yorkers end up moving out west. Please, stay right where you are and live in your own self centered little world. The rest of us will be a lot happier. That way, we can take our vacations to "The City", watch all the loonies (it's almost better than watching the loonies in Las Vegas), and go home to our dull, unenlightened little lives in the real world.
I'm making a generalization, but sometimes it's spot on.
#47 - th84
wats al dis tlk bout gaorgia?? wat ded we do so wong?

p.s. yeeeeee hawwwwww
Quote from Hallen :Uh, ya. It's just that they probably can't understand a word you are saying seeing as they speak English there.

Heh. Only the proles have the strong accent, pal.

Us enlightened (hehe) folk might as well be from Peoria, if you go by our accent.
Quote :
Also, there is an assumption of civility and politeness out west

Uh, no. Have you ever spent time in Texas? I wouldn't call it the land of civility or politeness.
Quote :
and sarcasm is saved for people who you are willing to call a friend, if it is meant as a jest, and for your enemies if it is not.

Folks here who are my close friends still don't get the sarcasm. It seems dead baby jokes just don't play well here. I don't get why everyone takes life so seriously...can't I make a joke about backalley abortions without people taking up arms?

I personally think its hilarious to see the jokes the Euros make about Americans, particularly when you turn them around. Did you see the recent Daily Show segment on the Danish?
Quote :
DOH! I forgot, ain't nuthin gud 'les it come outa Nnugh Yauk.

No, not NY per se. Moreso the Northeastern United States in general.

BTW, I don't actually believe that. Its just funny to get a rise out of people living in flyover states...
Quote :
Lets see, 6 under-employed 20-something characters living in apartments way beyond their means, getting themselves caught in all kinds of goofy situations yet still manage to maintain their strong bond of friendship even while they swap mates like fruit flies in heat... Nope, I guess that kind of humor couldn't happen anywhere but New York.

The show, IMHO, sucked. What couldn't have happened without writers that have experience in NY is much of the sarcastic humor.
Quote :
Oh, and since David Crane was born in Philadelphia and is Ditto with Marta, then I assume neither of them are from New York?

Nope, like I said they both went to NY after their higher educations, perhaps in search of people with a sense of humor and a high value placed on art. The latter half of that sentence is facetious, btw.
Quote :
I'm making a generalization, but sometimes it's spot on.

And indeed that one you made was spot on. Nothing wrong with that. Heck, I've made that one myself before.

You see, I can make as many desparaging jokes as I want about NY, Georgia, the Danish, etc. and not get my panties in a bunch if the tables are turned on me. That capability is something the British surely seem to have in spades, but it seems many Americans do not.
Quote from skiingman :
Uh, no. Have you ever spent time in Texas? I wouldn't call it the land of civility or politeness.

Hmmmm, I think I might know what the problem is there

Quote from skiingman :Folks here who are my close friends still don't get the sarcasm.

Ah, yes. The answer to the problem above. If nobody understands your "humor" but you, then maybe you should reevaluate your view of the world. I know those last comments were meant to be funny, you almost made it there, but still missed the mark.

Quote from skiingman :I personally think its hilarious to see the jokes the Euros make about Americans, particularly when you turn them around. Did you see the recent Daily Show segment on the Danish?

Nope, sorry I didn't.

Quote from skiingman :No, not NY per se. Moreso the Northeastern United States in general.

BTW, I don't actually believe that. Its just funny to get a rise out of people living in flyover states...

I figured that one out on my own
Quote from skiingman :
Nope, like I said they both went to NY after their higher educations...

No, you did not directly say they were from NY, but you implied that they were and you did not say anything about after their higher educations. Words mean things, dude, and it also means things when you leave words out.

Quote from skiingman :You see, I can make as many desparaging jokes as I want about NY, Georgia, the Danish, etc. and not get my panties in a bunch if the tables are turned on me. That capability is something the British surely seem to have in spades, but it seems many Americans do not.

Hmmm, that is where we disagree. There is a difference between self deprecation and wild generalisms that are solely aimed at implying other people have less worth than you do. It can be a very fine line. Sarcasm does NOT come across well in text unless you do a particularly good job of writing. Sarcasm can be cutting and cruel, or it can be extremely funny, but a lot of people only learn the cruel side of it. The fact that it is just not funny seems to slide right past them.

You know what you are thinking, the train of thought that makes it funny, but we can't read your mind. The comment about guns and Georgia is a good example. There is nothing funny about that. Now if you would have said they send all those "legal" guns with filed off serial numbers to NY to insure that as many New Yorkers kill themselves off as possible, then it would have been funny. It implies that people from Georgia will let anybody own a gun and that they will to do crazy things with the gun, and people in NY are just as culpable because they actually use the guns on each other. Now, you have to think, who is really the stupid one here?

I know I get bent out of shape on things too easily. I am too literal of a person. So, have fun with your humor, I hope it works out for you. But be careful, in Texas, shooting annoying Yanks is justifiable homicide
So much for the quick one liner comeback . . .

D-R-T servers.
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG