The online racing simulator
FPS Problem
(14 posts, started )
#1 - popsy
FPS Problem
hey all, i have an nvidea 8600 graphics card, and on full AA i get a good fps(around 50-60) but one problem i have when on full aa is, the gae runs smotth, but every second or so, i get a drop to about 15, just for 1 frame. thiis causes the game to glitch and makes it impossible to drive... what is the problem and how can it be fixed.

thanks, popsy
#2 - popsy
no body?
full system specs?
#4 - tolas
I have a very similar problem. Game runs smoothly, full AA 50-60, but once in a while it drops to 15 and stays there for a minute or so. Shift-S (spectate) and Shift-P (pit) fix the problem instantly... It's clearly a software problem.

Geforce 8600, Vista X64 SP1, Driver ver 182.50, LFSZ13 (had the same problem with Z10)

I'll try to install the latest nvidia driver now. If it won't help I'll revert to LFS Z and let you know.
you shouldn't have any problem at all

I run lfs on max with full AA and AF with a 7800gs, @ 75fps@ 1680x1050 you should be running it at 150fps at least
Seems to be a recurring problem with Xp64. Upgrading to Win7-64 fixed it in another thread...

Has the game always been like this or just started dropping fps recently?....
#7 - tolas
Installing fresh driver fixed it, but I got some strange lags instead

Game can now freeze for 5 seconds showing some strange color artifacts and eventually gets back to a normal state. I get it only playing online, offline game works perfectly smooth.

I'll test it tomorrow to see if it's happening on all servers...

About the framerate: I use force V-sync so in most cases fps is far above 60. It drops down to 50 only when theres a lot of cars in sight. I can't tell what's the top fps as counter clamps everything above 60.

It's hard to tell when it's started. 2 months maybe. It was working just fine with all directx mods I'm using, with Vista x64 sp1.

It could be some windows hotfix or a driver update, hard to tell.

Anyway, I'm planing to install w7 this week. I'll make a fresh lfs installation without all mods to see how it behaves.
#8 - tolas
I tested it a bit more this morning and it looks like the framerate drop problem is still here
Quote from tolas :I tested it a bit more this morning and it looks like the framerate drop problem is still here

In Windows7? or are you still using Vista X64?

SD.
Still Vista. I'm backing up data atm. Will install 7 as soon as I'll finish it.
Use 2x or 4x AA, you don't need full AA, I can't personally tell much of a difference without a magnifying glass above 4x so I just use that to save on system resources. Still looks just as nice..
Fresh LFS Z install solved all problems. Still on Vistax64. I'll test it on W7 and Z13 tomorrow.
What you can do aswell is download Nhancer.
If you set the ingame AA and AF to 0/none, you can adjust it at Nhancer! Makes performance better and looks better!

Good luck
Ok, I did the last test: Windows 7 + LFS Z13.

Everything works just fine. Looks like one of mods I installed previously was causing these strange problems with frame rate dropping.

FPS Problem
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG