The online racing simulator
LFS Atlanta Meet take 2
(15 posts, started )
LFS Atlanta Meet take 2
So now that I am a proud listed owner of a Mazda, a friend of mine from college has a gen 1 RX7 which hopefully he will have fixed up, I want to go back up to Road Atlanta again just for fun.

July 18 and 19th is the SCCA Weekend, however, is also the Mazda Zoom Fest weekend, hopefully if I can get my friend to go I want to camp out I think that would be a lot of fun to spend the weekend out at the track.

I have no word about costs or anything like that, information is very limited.
and here is a link to this infamous limited info: http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=143289.0

Apparently there will be numerous opportunities to drive the race track, including a PDX (3 - 20 minute sessions with a driving instructor - At Speed!), which sounds like a little bit of fun.

I'm not sure if they will allow your own car on the track without a fee, like I said the info is very limited, and the Road Atlanta website hardly has any info on the Mazda Zoom Fest, it only has stuff about the SCCA Weekend

So, just a heads up, hopefully some of you around that didn't get to go to the last one .. two years ago .. will get a chance this time!
Is it for only mazdas? Because I'm actually going to be in Atlanta that weekend already, but I don't have a Mazda.
I've got a Mazda! I'll be there!

On second thought, maybe my Mazda Tribute isn't quite suited for track usage. Will there be any hill climbs or rock crawling on the track?

You said you got a car in the camera thread. You say it's a Mazda in this thread. How many posts will it be until you tell us exactly what you got? Next post will we learn the year? Post up in the Post your car thread.
I like to keep my bread trail seperate, its like those books from middle school where someone says go to this page, then this page, then that page, and then only to find nothing there and you get pissed lol

No you don't have to have a mazda! It is the SCCA weekend, it just happens that Zoom Fest is that same weekend (I guess the SCCA is sponsoring the mazda zoom fest), but I mean this could be way better if we can get a little more people lol it wasn't exactly the most fun with Ben and I last time lol!

@mrodgers, I only have taken one picture of my car so far, it's been just being worked on etc. I have no insurance so I can't really take it out and take photos of it yet, but my father got one of me pulling in and I have one of it sitting in the junky garage so, yea I'll post those photos up in that thread
Couldn't we have it a bit farther north? Say... NJMP?
I say VIR.. that would be nice, but I can promise you now I wouldn't be able to go until I'm much older lol

Hopefully some other Georgia residents will see this, I think there were like 2 other members that posted in the previous GA meetup thread, I'll PM them I suppose
Unfortunately, I think I'll only have a minivan and other duties to take care of.

Road Atlanta suits me perfectly fine for 8 months of the year...just not December or most of the summer.
Quote from XCNuse :but I mean this could be way better if we can get a little more people lol it wasn't exactly the most fun with Ben and I last time lol!

wtf!
Hey hold on we had fun, I'm just saying at first there was going to be at least 4 of us then it only turned out to be you and me, yes I had fun but hey.. 4 would've been nice too!

I don't think they would have let us bring 4 people in for free as pit managers though like I got us in last time

You think you'll be able to come this year?
Doubtful, since I live halfway across the country now.
Quote from XCNuse :I say VIR.. that would be nice, but I can promise you now I wouldn't be able to go until I'm much older lol

Hopefully some other Georgia residents will see this, I think there were like 2 other members that posted in the previous GA meetup thread, I'll PM them I suppose

Summit Point is better
Quote from Forbin :Couldn't we have it a bit farther north? Say... NJMP?

If it was in NJ I might even try to make it depending on the weekend. I would really like to take my car to a track some time.
So is there any more news about this, is anyone else interested/going to be able to come or .. whatsup?
Aww I live close to NJMP, you guys should come there.
..Last call..

Anyone interested in going up to Road Atlanta, it is this weekend!

LFS Atlanta Meet take 2
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG