The online racing simulator
Epic Fail FPS [Now Fixed]
(12 posts, started )
#1 - J@tko
Hey guys - I'm having really bad problems with my fps in LFS at the moment.

Specs:
Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz
NVidea GForce 9500M [1791 MB]
4GB RAM
Vista Home Premium

Normally, I can run LFS at full pelt with about 100-120 fps when I'm on my own, and even about 40fps with a full grid on South City. However, not now

I booted up rTractor earlier, [I run that at nearly full quality too] and it just started to go all nasty, was spiking to about 1fps, with bits of track and car all over the place. I thought "darn, stupid rTractor again, must be the track file" [I'd tried with lots of cars, same result]. Switched to LFS and got onto our server, but was only getting 30fps on KY1, not the normal 100fps. I tried a re-boot, same thing.

TBH I havn't the foggiest about computers or anything, so I have no idea what's caused it

I havn't installed anything, changed any settings, got a virus or anything like that.

I changed all the graphics settings in LFS to the minimum, not only did it look shit but I only got 40fps [I should get like 300]

I'm not running any other hogging programs [only FF and WMP], my CPU usage is only about 60% [normal], memory usage is normal, just shit fps

This laptop is only 8 months old, its not overheating or anything.

So any ideas? Can a graphics card break? Any programs I could use for diagnosis?

Many Thanks

Jack
#2 - VoiD
#3 - J@tko
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
#4 - J@tko
Defo not overheating. It's a laptop, the fan out bit is at the side and its just normal [a tad above room temp] - you can defo tell when it's overheating [It gets bloody hot!] and even then I only get a small FPS decrease [tho I tend to turn LFS off when it does that ]
Check power saving mode in control panel AND nvidia control panel.
maybe your MB change PCi-ex from 16x to 1x?
#7 - Jakg
Make sure it's in high performance and that high performance is setup right (i.e. nothing that might throttle it like a PCI-e link status etc).
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Shadowww :Check power saving mode in control panel AND nvidia control panel.

:doh:

Found the problem. It's supposed to auto go in Power Saving when it's on battery and go in High Performance when it's on mains.

I noticed something was a bit wrong when I turned it on this morning and the screen wasn't as bright as normal, but didn't think anything of it.

Of course, it had put itself in Power Saving :doh: :doh:

I'll just make sure it doesn't do it again next boot

Cheers

Jack A
Heh, yeah, I always have that problem as well. I never learn. I ended up making the 'power saver' setting be at max performance when it's plugged it, and low performance when it's unplugged, in case I'm silly enough to forget what power setting I'm on.
Hey all!! I'm having a problem with LFS. I use a laptop (toshiba satelite pro l300-1b9) and i cant see the buttons.

like this:

Can somebody help me???
Try downloading it again
i already tried

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG