The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 500 : Practice Session 9
PRE RACE

The ninth practice session for the 2009 Kyoto 500 will be held on Friday, June 5th at 21:00 EDT (Eastern Daylight Time, UTC -0400). It will have a qualifying session and a race. Server will be passworded, using the same password that other sessions have used. If you do not have it, send me a PM requesting it.

Qualifying will be two hotlaps, fastest is your qual time. I'll be using the AutoQualifer application by Kevin Burns to administer the calling of cars. Please listen to and follow all directions of that app while in the session. Please be patient if you don't see your name on the $qlist - I will check the list and see who may have been left out, and manually add. At the end of the queued cars, I will ask if anyone has been left out, and the only chat I expect to see at that point is from someone who has NOT been called out.

The race will be 42 laps, first two under pace car conditions. The rolling start will be three-wide. The grid will be as such (numbers indicate starting position):

1 2 3
P 4 5 6
I 7 8 9
T 10 11 12
13 14 15
L 16 17 18
A 19 20 21
N 22 23 24
E 25 26 27
28 29 30

There is NO mandatory pitstop for this session

On the initial start, the field shall maintain pace car speed until the green flag is displayed. No anticipating and jumping.

Post here if you plan to attend - if more show up than we have slots for (30), participation will be prioritized to those who post here.

POST RACE

Qualifying Replay

Qualifying Results

Race Replay

Race Results
Attached images
Session9_PhotoFinish.png
Attached files
Session9_LapCards.zip - 532.4 KB - 157 views
It is possible to do the double inst it?
If so looks like my Saturday is going to be spent on the oval
So this is 30 mins after the first session?
#4 - Ori
i shall be there

EDIT: didnt notice its EDT. thats too late 4 me.
-
(Agarash) DELETED by Agarash
I need UTC time......
#7 - J@tko
I'm in...
I'll in
wonderful, a session i can attend. I'll be there
-
(Ruben_Drifter) DELETED by Ruben_Drifter
What is the password? I didn't get a PM
ill be there
Would it count if you turn up and just watch?
I'll be there.
Quote from hansonator69 :Would it count if you turn up and just watch?
I'll be there.

No, plus: you should race anyway. :P

d
this one was great!
Quote from buck77 :this one was great!

Yea, right.. lol

73 K. O'Keefe - I hope you saved these replays. Why push so hard at the starts?
Quote from Skydiver173 :Yea, right.. lol

73 K. O'Keefe - I hope you saved these replays. Why push so hard at the starts?

The first start I made a mistake, sorry. The second was perfectly fine...
Id like to apologize to car 61 for getting caught up in a few of my accidents.
Other then that decent race, not great though for me atleast
Quote from buck77 :this one was great!

Speak for yourself...

Quote from AstroBoy :Id like to apologize to car 61 for getting caught up in a few of my accidents.
Other then that decent race, not great though for me atleast

Not a problem. I was pretty angry after the session especially after blowing 2 tires trying to get back to pit lane...but it's a practice session after all
Quote from racer hero :The first start I made a mistake, sorry. The second was perfectly fine...

OK, understood, but that's a risky move for a 270 lap race. It's the kind of move that could take out the whole field. You don't win on the first lap.
Quote from Skydiver173 :OK, understood, but that's a risky move for a 270 lap race. It's the kind of move that could take out the whole field. You don't win on the first lap.

But getting away from the field greatly increases your chance of winning Hence the scramble
but the chance of a Safety car is just so high that the risk is pointless.
Quote from Mustafur :but the chance of a Safety car is just so high that the risk is pointless.

I say not. the entire field starting 3 wide is a heck of a lot scarier than the field restarting single file
Quote from lizardfolk :But getting away from the field greatly increases your chance of winning Hence the scramble

LOL, true... but we all know the usual outcome of an uncontrolled scramble, huh?
Quote from lizardfolk :I say not. the entire field starting 3 wide is a heck of a lot scarier than the field restarting single file

Thats why there is no point risking it.

Taking risks 3 wide will fail everytime.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG