The online racing simulator
i thought it was a jump...its too dark..
Quote from TehPaws3D :PLEASE Give me constructive criticism, I don't care how negative it is.. I just want to improve at editing

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/tiltedviewaimedcity.png/

First picture I ever edited btw.. o.o

- Don't use .PNG, i almost die while loading
- Don't use thick frame around pic, its useless and almost never nice
- Blur is like fire, if you know how to use it then do it (frame)
- That sun is fail sorry but it looks like small explosion, you are using bad light render (i thing this is render from PSP, yeah? try using PhotoShop if not already)
- When are you going to make screen-shot set LFS graphic to maximum even if your computer can't take it, you just need only one frame so get it in max details.
- There is a car, but i noticed it a few seconds after looking at pic. I don't know if its shoot of track or car... in second case the car should be in "image's focus", first thing that you will notice on picture.
- Lights on car are also badly rendered, try another effect generator
- Use more contrast, lest brightness - you are doing opposite

P.S: I personally prefer 16:9
Quote :- Don't use .PNG, i almost die while loading

Will do next time.
Quote :- Don't use thick frame around pic, its useless and almost never nice

Okay, It looked good at the time however..
Quote :- Blur is like fire, if you know how to use it then do it (frame)

Are you saying it was good blur or bad blur?
Quote :- That sun is fail sorry but it looks like small explosion, you are using bad light render (i thing this is render from PSP, yeah? try using PhotoShop if not already)

I know, I even cringed when I uploaded It looking at the sun, It was very disapointing, But It was my first time using GIMP, So please forgive the noobish effects..
Quote :- When are you going to make screen-shot set LFS graphic to maximum even if your computer can't take it, you just need only one frame so get it in max details.

That was max my friend, With LOD set to negative (Makes it look like it has more pixels in it or something)
Quote :- There is a car, but i noticed it a few seconds after looking at pic. I don't know if its shoot of track or car... in second case the car should be in "image's focus", first thing that you will notice on picture.

The car was meant to be out of focus like that, I lined that up for about 5 minutes, It's meant to be zoomed at the city background but the car is suppose to be In It as well.
Quote :- Lights on car are also badly rendered, try another effect generator

I'll try
Quote :- Use more contrast, lest brightness - you are doing opposite

Strange, But okay
Quote from TehPaws3D :PLEASE Give me constructive criticism, I don't care how negative it is.. I just want to improve at editing

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/tiltedviewaimedcity.png/

First picture I ever edited btw.. o.o

To understand how to edit a picture you have to understand how things work in nature - physics wise. This of course is because everything you want to do is to fix a screenshot to look like a real image taken by a camera. In some years when every racing game looks like NFS Shift or better, we will have not much to do in that aspect just like painters had not much to do first when cameras spread. Until that you may want to achieve a realistic look.

Doing that there are basically two things to do.

1. Compare both the screenshot and the same situation imagined in reality. Try to guess what would be different and look at photos with similar scenery.

2. To make a .jpeg of your imagination you will need many skills in picture editing. Learn by doing, watch tutorials if you are stuck or ask here on the forums.

I understand you want to use many effects on your picture but you will understand hopefully that won't work out really. That means for your picture:

The sun and light effects are needless. I guess your eyes don't hurt if you look at headlights/foglights directly on a clear bright day. You will easily figure out that these and the sun should not look equally bright.

Also concerning the headlights: These spotlights don't fit because they look as if they belonged to a round headlamp whereas the XFG headlights have a very square/rectangle form.

Don't try to imitate HDR lightning because in almost all cases it will be overused making it look like a blurry dream.

Comparing with real camera shots you will notice your overall picture is too light and thus also lacks contrast.

As has been pointed out that black blurry frame around the picture looks weird because it does not replicate any real effect of photographing.
I downloaded a whole bunch of Paint.NET effects Today, so the following pictures may be a little OTT as I was seeing what the effects can do.

I know there not the best, but they helped pass an hour of boredom. What do you guys think?

Edit: Oh nuts! I forgot to resize the last one. Sorry guys!
Last one would be amazing with more contrast on it
Any better?

Ebisu Drift Matsuri
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Any better?

Nah I think he meant to make whole pic a little bit lighter with more contrast, at least that's what I would see as a good way out of this dark one.
Newest picture (Tried to follow what everyone said ) The only bad thing Is that the camrea flashes didn't come out like I expected..

(The other car was RedlineQuinn, If anyone wants to know.)
Quote from TehPaws3D :Newest picture (Tried to follow what everyone said ) The only bad thing Is that the camrea flashes didn't come out like I expected..

(The other car was RedlineQuinn, If anyone wants to know.)

Overblured Send me that original pic please (PM)
some overnight boring shot =)
Attached images
lfs_00000188.jpg
stop using lens flares ppl!!!!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :stop using lens flares ppl!!!!

Raito used Lens Flares attack on Tomba(FIN)! It's super effective!
i thought that picture was pretty good tehpaws3d, you just blurred it a little much
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :stop using lens flares ppl!!!!

It's very lensy in Blackwood. See, though i took the other side of the track with less Lensflare ;D
:cookiemon

Skin by: Chichi
HDR and old school
Attached images
xrr2_light_hdr.jpg
xrr2_old_school.jpg
Skipper.. Those don't look.. right, The old school one just looks.. weird.

Some racing action from Cargame.s2

Me learning how NOT to drift..
I got bored ...

I post here some of my screenshots too...not all of them, but a bunch of the most popular...

All the skin are done by me, except the pink XRT at the end (made by Kamikaze), and the green fz (made by AndrewS).
the purple FZ is a public skin, visit our website (link on first pic) to download it if you want.

The fall pictures are beautiful, if you have a 1156x864, That's a new desktop.. PM please? The one with the SPIN as the tag

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG