Attached images
XRT_cobra-mustang2.jpg
Quote from Seb66 :Wish i'd used a differant skin

oh, my eyes
pic is so bright

Quote from logitekg25 :damn a double post
here is my latest
it was a quickie i guess you could call it

guys please dont make edits with rain if you dont/cant make them properly. I dont see rain on the car / ground. dont take it personal dude, but I've seen enough edits like this.
i diddnt think there was anything else to do really
Quote from BADLVBOY :guys please dont make edits with rain if you dont/cant make them properly.

If everyone were to follow this, no one would learn how to do edits with rain. You got to do them to learn it, and by publishing the work you can get advice on do's and do not's. But according to you, people that doesn't know how to do something, should just back off from doing it therefore never learning.

There was a time when you didn't know that stuff either.. but you probably learned by doing it anyway.
Quote from [SWE]RE :
There was a time when you didn't know that stuff either.. but you probably learned by doing it anyway.

+1 to your comment + I don't think he still knows how to do it.
Let people post edits, not matter if its bad or good. There is no rule you can't post beginner pictures or the ones that have bad rain. The topic only says to post edited picture, so he has done everything right.

BTW, if we would start doing your way, BADLVBOY, then I don't think there would be many pictures in this topic. Basically, everyone sucks at something, even I can't do some things properly. + your previous pictures weren't so great either, but no one said you shouldn't post them.

Everyone starts from the beginning, but only after some time, by doing, they get better.
Quote from [SWE]RE :If everyone were to follow this, no one would learn how to do edits with rain. You got to do them to learn it, and by publishing the work you can get advice on do's and do not's. But according to you, people that doesn't know how to do something, should just back off from doing it therefore never learning.

I know, I know. But I have never seen good edits with rain, even from pro's. it's just almost impossible to do it.
And I dont know how to do edits with rain, I've seen some tutorials, but no thanks. OK, sorry, I take my words back. Than please tell me what kind of advices you can give to logitekg25 to make his edit better.
@ andRo, yea mate, I know I suck, but as I said that was just my 3rd edit and I dont make edits very often. I make them when I have inspiration.
anyways sorry for everything, post your edits guys, no matter how they are looking if something will be wrong you'll get advices. PEACE, IM OUT

btw this is for logitekg25
http://www.lfsdrift.net/index.php?topic=1553.0
but, how to make rain on the ground??? idk
Okay here a new one from me.- hope you like it.

1280*1024
Kiste saw your pic and I was like "I want to try rain edit to".
Attached images
FirstRain.jpg
nice mate.
Quote from LFSn00b :A different approach, meguesses

(note: "skin" by design dudes)

and you mean?

I am curious how you made that 'cos I wouldnt guess fz50 fits so good in porsche
quicky barely edited clicky for big

Quote from BADLVBOY :I know, I know. But I have never seen good edits with rain, even from pro's. it's just almost impossible to do it.

I am sure it is possible to make at least half realistic rain edits...

There's no trick, you just research on real photos and try to replicate everything in Photoshop?

You just need
1.reflection one the floor
2.some ripples effects in the reflection.
3.realistic reflectability dropoff in surface water.
4.spray from the tires.
4.interaction between such spray and the fender unless on open wheel car.
5.different spray from the underbody (less dense and projected higher)
6.slight dry line following the tire tracks.
7.Delete the skidmarks (because you don't have skid marks in wet)
8.Realistic hue and contrast to replicate a cloudy weather.
9.silver lining on parts of the car made reflective because of water,
10.Darkened tarmac (since it is wet)
11.Simulation of surface running water (physics applies!)
12.Where the ground is at an shallow angle to the camera, add reflection of the sky. (again, physics applies, go study IOR factor of water)
13.Add rain drops (everybody knows how)
14.Make sure rain drops doesn't appear too evenly spread.
15.Add rain drops on where they hits the car.

I mean.....it's not that hard.
Attached images
rainfbm.jpg
^ That edit was the one that won you the 'Aquaplaning' theme amirite?
Man.... Some day.... Some day we wont need to edit to make it look like its raining

That edit is sick JJ. Seen it loads of time, but it never gets old.
Quote from JJ72 :There's no trick, you just research on real photos and try to replicate everything in Photoshop?

This is the best advice for someone who wants to make realistic looking pictures.

I'd also add: Find a picture you like, take a screenshot from a similar angle and area in LFS, look at the differences and draw them in.
ever notice how nobody ever makes an edit of it drizzling?
Quote from logitekg25 :ever notice how nobody ever makes an edit of it drizzling?

I dunno, this is kinda drizzly (is that a word?).

Quote from only.one.RydeR :^ That edit was the one that won you the 'Aquaplaning' theme amirite?

Not exactly.

Just a masterpiece in the Hall of fame in the lfsforum.net
New from me

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG