The online racing simulator
Ggrid and empty space
(7 posts, started )
Ggrid and empty space
Hi All,
I have a small problem. I am writing Real-Rallycros system (heats + groups -> (depends on times per heats) Final B, A etc. ) And I have one problem now
We are changing the grid order per each heat (in Group). It means we are switching left / right and first second row. (4x times). I have problem, when there is e.g. only 5 drivers in group. In first line I need empty space, and two real-drivers. When I am building the grid I need player-ID. I used hack with AI driver. => I added Ai and when race I started it is kicked out. But I can’t add AI driver on dedicated server via InSim. (It is possible only from client). So question is :
Is there any easy possibility how to get empty space on start grid?
(Of course I can add any other diver which doesn’t participate on actual heat, but there has to be better solution )
Thx.
For help Baby
Just a thought, have you tried (it's fairly obvious, so you probably have :razz sending the REO with zeros where empty spaces are supposed to be?
Somehow I doubt it'll work but it's worth a shot
Quote from morpha :sending the REO with zeros where empty spaces are supposed to be?

Of course I tried it (Plus other magic constants like 255, ..., etc. )
But globally I think, there has to be existing player ID (when player is removed from track and returned back he obtain new playerID)
So use playerID from old active group semms as necessary solution. (Build grid, and kick (spectate) the players from old group).

Or any other Idea?
Thanks
Send "/ai AI1" to make an AI join from InSim. I'm fairly sure AI are the only way you could do this, or else join and spec other players, but that's messy and unreliable
Dougie, I'm pretty sure that you can't get the host to add AI players. You know why... mainly because the host has no current car/setup/fuel etc settings, nor can the dedi drive =)

Also topic opener said only guests can add AI vehicles.
True, that I guess you'd need to put in other guests so. But what happens if there isn't enough non-racing guests to fill the empty spaces?
Yes AI is the problem as I wrote in my first post. I (or any race-admin) can add AI drivers manually from client, but it isn’t nice.
But I am using other drivers. As I wrote it is Rallycross so count of players isn’t problem. All drivers are separated into x groups by 6 players. There is only one problem. Driver which finished the current heat can’t be send into spectate mode, until the new grid is built

But anyway thanks

Ggrid and empty space
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG