The online racing simulator
2 s2 licences on same IP
(20 posts, started )
2 s2 licences on same IP
ok as u know im not new but dont know either .
we have 2 computers , me & my dad , now he wants a s2 licence , will it be possible to play both at the same time running over 1 ip , cos both pc's are linked ?
Quote from jwardy :ok as u know im not new but dont know either .
we have 2 computers , me & my dad , now he wants a s2 licence , will it be possible to play both at the same time running over 1 ip , cos both pc's are linked ?

only against each other in LAN, otherwise he must buy the license for himself
#3 - J@tko
Quote from EliteAti :only against each other in LAN, otherwise he must buy the license for himself

Read

Should be fine - the de Jong's were ok on Sunday
ok lol, maybe i misunderstood, but i thought that playing on same license at same time requires two licenses?
Quote from EliteAti :ok lol, maybe i misunderstood, but i thought that playing on same license at same time requires two licenses?

Title: 2 s2 licences on same IP
#6 - J@tko
Quote from EliteAti :ok lol, maybe i misunderstood, but i thought that playing on same license at same time requires two licenses?

Yes
Quote from jwardy :ok as u know im not new but dont know either .

pff, i should read :doh:, sorrys guys
ok Beware Gwardy will be hitting the track ... Really Beware ive raced him over lan and ...
Hmmm. I'm not a expert or anything when it comes to networking. But how come it's possible that the two computers have same IP?

When the computers are in the same network and using the same connection, they still should have two separate IP's. Or am I missing something?

IE. if you try to connect two different computers to same LAN network, even Windows doesn't allow you to try connecting with IP what's already in use.
IIRC if both computers are running directly from the same router, then there will only be one IP address.
Quote from danthebangerboy :IIRC if both computers are running directly from the same router, then there will only be one IP address.

thats what my concern was , ive done things before and it wouldent work for that reason
I have done it before, gimme 5 and I'll report back
Well umf, we usually have a one router and the IP's ain't the same. Even in LAN we may use a router to have a internet connection and at the same time we are on same workgroup (file sharing etc.) and it's not possible to have same IP. It is dynamically configured for everyone. When we have more than two computers in just LAN, we use router too and then we have static IP's, Windows will give an error if some trys to use IP what's already in use.

Shouldn't two different computers be identified separately with individual IP's even when they aren't in the same workgroup?

Maybe I'm just confused.
Quote from BigPeBe :Well umf, we usually have a one router and the IP's ain't the same. Even in LAN we may use a router to have a internet connection and at the same time we are on same workgroup (file sharing etc.) and it's not possible to have same IP. It is dynamically configured for everyone. When we have more than two computers in just LAN, we use router too and then we have static IP's, Windows will give an error if some trys to use IP what's already in use.

Shouldn't two different computers be identified separately with individual IP's even when they aren't in the same workgroup?

Maybe I'm just confused.

The 2 computers have different internal IP addresses (like 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3) so they can be identified on the internal network by each other and the router. However, to the outside world both the computers have the same external IP address. It's only when packets come to the router that they are sent to each computer by the internal IP address. If I go to WhatIsMyIp.com with 2 of the machines from my home network they both show the same IP address.
no problem done it several times
my brother used to game by every Friday and we raced on ctra at the same time
and i even have done it with a third computer with a demo licence and 2x S2
At the Swedish karting meet last year, all twenty-odd of us joined an online server from (I believe) behind one IP.
You probably have a switch/router at your place and it will work without any troubles.
Sidenote:
Please consider him to join ERT and have him race in the TDRT league as it will benefit all of us ..
Quote from amp88 :The 2 computers have different internal IP addresses (like 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3) so they can be identified on the internal network by each other and the router. However, to the outside world both the computers have the same external IP address. It's only when packets come to the router that they are sent to each computer by the internal IP address. If I go to WhatIsMyIp.com with 2 of the machines from my home network they both show the same IP address.

Well thanks for the info, I learn new stuff every day...

But lol wtf, we have two computers running currently in this house and when I checked the whatismyip.com, it gives both of them a different IP and it's the same IP what Windows is telling me too.
Quote from R.Kolz :
Sidenote:
Please consider him to join ERT and have him race in the TDRT league as it will benefit all of us ..

no , unless u want to call the server TDRT Banger server cos hes a bit wobbly atm , ive got him up to xfg , keep it steady
Quote from jwardy :no , unless u want to call the server TDRT Banger server cos hes a bit wobbly atm , ive got him up to xfg , keep it steady

<<<<< Done.

2 s2 licences on same IP
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG