The online racing simulator
Moderators
(87 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :Do you know Dustin that well? No.

Do me & Sam know him well? Yes.

This is just what Dustin does...

Just because you know him, and he is matey with a Mod does not give him license to behave like an arse.

If it were another user trolling and causing arguments for the sake of it, they may well be 'No Longer Welcome'.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Lmao, thats the funniest damn comment ive seen in here....I love the internet, everyones got an opinion they feel MUST be heard!

Lmao, (enter here the text i quoted).
#28 - Jakg
Quote from Bean0 :Just because you know him, and he is matey with a Mod does not give him license to behave like an arse.

Did I say that?

No - I said that I knew him and as such it was obvious to me he was just baiting / trolling.
Quote from Jakg :Did I say that?

No - I said that I knew him and as such it was obvious to me he was just baiting / trolling.

Hardly gives a good impression of the forums/community to anyone who doesn't know him though, does it ?
Yeah mods do whatever the fudge they want, they are members of the community too, they shouldn't have any leverage over most community users.

This isn't the first time ive seen it, so pointing out that perticular example isn't very good. This time i thought it was a clear cut example but he said he didn't lock it. Like i said this isn't the only example and it shouldn't happen.
#31 - 5haz
Trouble is, there can never be such a thing as freedom of speech on an internet forum, well there is, it's called the /b/ board on 4chan.

You want equal opportunities, this is an internet forum, not real life. Well what the hell are we supposed to do, make everyone a mod?

You are a guest here, therefore if you don't like it, you can always leave.

You're obviously bitter about not being allowed to stand on yer soap box. If you have a bone to pick with someone and a mod closes the thread, you can always have the last word over in PM land, you can even bitch directly to a mod if you like, chances are they'll ignore you or laugh at your extreme pettiness.

Does anyone remember that flamewarrior stereotypes website, I'd class you as a failed rebel leader.
#32 - SamH
Quote from Gil07 :I thought Dustin's posts were funny...

Me too I could see why some might not think so, so I posted the reasons why I thought Dustin was wrong to go about it the way he did.

I'm not in the slightest bit fussed if people have a problem with me posting in some threads, locking others, posting and locking others (though the latter has barely ever happened outside the CTRA forum) because hey, that's what moderators do. It's called moderating ... but if you're really that bored or upset(!?!?) and feel the need to rant, go ahead and have a rant.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I agree with what the mods do. They are very intelligent and do what is best for trying to keep the sanity in the cesspool of a forum.

If you disagree with me:

Go buy a Mac.

You only agree with the mods because none of them ban you when you deserve it.

Tbh all you (Dustin) do(es) is flamebait and be genuinely rude in every post. If that was anyone else, we'd have been banned by now... yet he gets away with it.. Why? Most likely cause he's all huggled up with Sam.

Jack, just because "that's what he does" doesn't make it acceptable...

Anyway.. back on the overall topic, I do agree that if a mod closes a thread that has some discussion it's unfair to lock it and then post their opinion as the sort of be all and end all.. that's unfair and against the whole point of an internet forum..that is, a wide variety of views which are ungoverned from the communistical actions of site moderators or admins. Clean up the thread, close it, state why you're closing it and that person A and person B are being dickheads, and leave. Don't post your opinion in the topic in hand and then go "oh btw i am closing this thread"

I've seen it happen many times before, where a moderator has closed the thread, disclosed their opinion and then buggered off, like what they say is gospel.

Joe, moderators are a guest too. No less of a guest than you and I, infact. They just have fancy names above their avatar..
Why need a ironwall when you have SamH?

I am not going to stirr up the discussion, just sillently agree that locking a thread with a comment is really really anoying, and can scare away new users from posting or invovling with the community

Neverthless, as people have stated out earlier, they are moderators, they can do what they feel is right. And sometimes they prevent things from going out of controll.

So in the end of the day, as much as I do sometimes I do disagree with mr. ironwall, I'll just have to accept that I'm a guest of this place, and I take myself in the neck after thinking of just how much work it must be to moderator this hellhole

May I suggest that instead of deleing posts of users, use more edit of them "edited by moderator" tag would of course stand in them or something, but I canot stand when the whole post itself gets deleted. I think that the user learns more if he see's his post got edited by a moderator, than just beeing deleted.

Either way, sun is up, work is cool, I have drinked too much cofee and just having a great day, I advice the others to just "chill" and relax ffs
#35 - 5haz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You only agree with the mods because none of them ban you when you deserve it.

Tbh all you (Dustin) do(es) is flamebait and be genuinely rude in every post. If that was anyone else, we'd have been banned by now... yet he gets away with it.. Why? Most likely cause he's all huggled up with Sam.

end to Dustin's 'flamebaiting', so whats the problem? Did you lot want to be flamebaited some more?

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Joe, moderators are a guest too. No less of a guest than you and

But the rest of you always take the bait, anyway, Sam essentially locked the thread and put an I, infact. They just have fancy names above their avatar..

Guests they may be, but they are of higher standing than the rest of us because Victor obviously thinks they can be trusted more.

Who knows, stick around for 4 or 5 years and be a good boy and they might make you a moderator too.

But the mods dont have to have the last word, thats what PMs are for.
Quote from 5haz :But the rest of you always take the bait, anyway, Sam essentially locked the thread and put an end to Dustin's 'flamebaiting', so whats the problem? Did you lot want to be flamebaited some more?

Go look through his post history. It's not a one of or a rare thing.,,

Quote :Hmm I dunno, they are guests cos they still have to answer to Victor, but I'm sure the devs gave moderating powers to them because they can be trusted.

As to say the "regular" members can't be trusted?
#37 - 5haz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :As to say the "regular" members can't be trusted?

Yeah, I know that if I was made a moderator I would abuse my powers.

But its not so much that others cant be trusted, its just some people can be trusted a bit more than others.
Personally I don't trust the moderators more than any other user...

Well I trust Bob Smith a bit more cause I've met him IRL. D:
Did he touch you or something?
#40 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Tbh all you (Dustin) do(es) is flamebait and be genuinely rude in every post. If that was anyone else, we'd have been banned by now... yet he gets away with it.. Why? Most likely cause he's all huggled up with Sam.

Sorry, i'd forgotten Sam was the only mod and no-one else could ban Dustin if they wanted to...

Mods are allowed to have opinions to.

If I make a post, then Bob locks the thread - whats wrong with that? What if Bob wanted to post his opinion, like I could? Whats wrong with him putting the two in the same post.

It's not like he says "what i say is write, now **** you, thread closed"...
#41 - 5haz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well I trust Bob Smith a bit more cause I've met him IRL. D:

Well, from what I've heard, the man shits wisdom.
Quote from Jakg :Sorry, i'd forgotten Sam was the only mod and no-one else could ban Dustin if they wanted to...

Mods are allowed to have opinions to.

If I make a post, then Bob locks the thread - whats wrong with that? What if Bob wanted to post his opinion, like I could? Whats wrong with him putting the two in the same post.

It's not like he says "what i say is write, now **** you, thread closed"...

Why should any moderator allow their opinion to be voiced and then lock the thread? That's my point.. surely it'd be better to either just say you're closing the thread because it's amounting to nothing, or remove the offending posts from the thread.

If the thread is being closed because it's just inciting hate and anger, then do you think any moderator in their right mind should be posting THEIR view and THEN locking it? I think not..

And indeed you're right Joe!
#43 - SamH
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why should any moderator allow their opinion to be voiced

Because we're members, like everyone else who's voiced their opinions in the thread
Quote from S14 DRIFT :and then lock the thread?

Because... we're moderators

You certainly don't have to agree with what moderators say or do, you just have to roll with it. If you don't want to do that, you always have the option to complain. Or you can have a rant, like in this thread.
#44 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why should any moderator allow their opinion to be voiced and then lock the thread?

Why should anyone be allowed to post their opinions then?

Moderators are people too.
Quote from 5haz :Well, from what I've heard, the man shits wisdom.

If that's the case, don't become wise. Your nostrils will thank you.
#46 - SamH
Was gonna say, if Bob shits wisdom, then wisdom smells an awful lot like Newcastle Brown Ale
Quote from Jakg :Why should anyone be allowed to post their opinions then?

Moderators are people too.

Because normal people don't post their opinion and the stop others from doing so..

And Sam, why would I complain? Why would I bother wasting my time on something so futile?
#48 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Because normal people don't post their opinion and the stop others from doing so..

Normal people can't close threads for a start.

The thread was closed because nothing but hard feelings and anguish could come from it - not because Sam was stopping anyone commenting on what he'd said (and he didn't even lock it ffs!)
Quote from SamH :you just have to roll with it.

While I'm not really bothered either way, I do see the point and agree with it, even if the way it's expressed could be construed as being a whine.

If a thread needs locking, it doesn't need further replied on the topic of the discussion. If a thread needs further replies on the topic of the discussion, it doesn't need to be locked. Posting a personal opinion in a locked topic is.. not cool, imo.
Dawesdust, I did bought a Mac. A big Mac.

But it didn't ran Crysis at all. Must I sue you for lies now?

Moderators
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG