The online racing simulator
Moderators
(87 posts, started )
Moderators
Does anyone else think that them having the last word on a thread, expressing their views and then closing it is out of order? I was reading the virus thread and although his post was very funny towards the end and the thread needed locking i really don't think he needed to write what he did or post anything at all. Anyone agree?
-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by Mp3 Astra : Spam: Post too useless
I know a moderator called SamH who loves to do this. I wont name him tho cause this thread could get locked and I'd get a warning.
i think your title is wrong...... you are dissing all the other moderators that do a sterling job.....

you're referring to one only........
Thsi can only go well.......

...seriously why? So the the mods often have the last word.....normally it's to say

"Stop being an idiot. You know very well that the top plug on a 3 pin plug is the earth....so sticking a knife into the top slot on the wall socket and flipping the switch will notgive you an electrical shock....now put down the Magners pears cider and go to bed.....it'll be ok in the morning/afternoon"
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Does anyone else think that them having the last word on a thread, expressing their views and then closing it is out of order?

no. it's better than just locking it without posting as to why.

Quote from SilverArrows77 :In fact id be all for seeing them get even tougher on things around here, as they are quite tolerant really.

i don't browse the OT section much, but a big ++ here.
I don't get why he should of had the last say and its not the first time ive seen it, he has to give his opinion on it, what if Dustin wasn't actually winding everyone up? Then hes just made everyone think otherwise. Its just school yard shit, my cock is bigger than yours kind of thing, no, you just have more buttons at the bottom of the page. If you have those kind of powers, use them wisely and sensibly, otherwise you can get peoples backs up (which im sure you couldn't give 2 f***'s if you do or not).

Just cut the shit and conduct yourself better.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I don't get why he should of had the last say and its not the first time ive seen it, he has to give his opinion on it

he's a moderator, as such they always get the last say. welcome to an internet forum.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :what if Dustin wasn't actually winding everyone up? Then hes just made everyone think otherwise.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Its just school yard shit, my cock is bigger than yours kind of thing, no, you just have more buttons at the bottom of the page. If you have those kind of powers, use them wisely and sensibly, otherwise you can get peoples backs up (which im sure you couldn't give 2 f***'s if you do or not).

Just cut the shit and conduct yourself better.

i feel sam is a decent moderator... they could stand to be around more and be more active/proactive, but things could be a lot worse...

whatever preconceptions you have towards authority, that's your problem, but just because they have "powers" you don't doesn't mean they're all on some ego-trip. i was a moderator on another forum for over a year, and i've seen both sides of the picture... you may think that beind a mod is all sunshines and farts, but it's a constant struggle and hassle.

my "expert" opinion of that thread, i would have locked it on page two.
I don't like when they close threads that might not need to be closed. But I do like that they give explanations of why they do close them.

That being said, these are people who are volunteering their time to moderate this forum, nobody's paying them to be here afaik. And they are older guys too who have real lives to deal with, so I can only imagine how tough it can be moderating this forum and living their lives at the same time. So I think we can cut them some slack when they make decisions which we may not necessarily agree with. I think they are doing a great job keeping everything in order around here, and not letting this place turn into an uncivilized 4chan-like forum.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just cut the shit and conduct yourself better.

I see lots of pots and kettles flying about...
I know and i appreciate they give up their time but its not a chore, they chose to do it and knew what came along with the title. I don't have a problem with authority but i think sometimes its abused, that thread was just one example so its not a personal attack on Sam, its just the most recent example.

Most people could see what was blindingly obvious on that thread but next time it might be so clear and they might genuinely get it wrong or say something about that situation in THEIR opinion and not give the oppertunity for someone to respond to it.

All the thread needed was a simple explenation not the personal opinion of a moderator which most people will take into account over the average forum user.

This isn't their forum even though the devs give them the powers, everyone should have equal oppertunitys to have their say,theres a few times a moderator has had the final say and ive been left with a bitter taste in my mouth. Im not asking for much, just they don't bring their personal opinion into a thread then close it straight afterwards, not so hard and might actually save them time writing it out.
#11 - JJ72
I rather like it though, it's more casual.

I mean it's just a forum.
I agree with what the mods do. They are very intelligent and do what is best for trying to keep the sanity in the cesspool of a forum.

If you disagree with me:

Go buy a Mac.

#13 - SamH
Well it's true, I made the last post in the "virus!" thread, but I wasn't the mod that locked it. You're gonna have to start over with a new witch hunt if you want to find out who did.
#14 - JJ72
It's a conspiracy!
It was XCNuse.

I gave sam the idea for the Xzibit picture
Quote from Luke.S :I gave sam the idea for the Xzibit picture

Stop lying and go buy a Mac already. Damn PC Fanboi's.
Grr silly mac fanboi's

Oh and i did buy an apple

Quote from Luke.S :Grr silly mac fanboi's

Oh and i did buy an apple

Hilarious how that apple will run Windows better than your PC will.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hilarious how that apple will run Windows better than your PC will.

hmm someone can't count

there are 3 apples there
Is it just me or do I not realy seem to care?
Explaining the reason for closing and then closing is fine.

Giving their opinion about the discussion/argument and then closing without giving a chance to answer back is not fine imo.

(I'm not talking about anyone specifically... just in general.)
To be honest locking the 'Virus!' thread was a bit ridiculous, when it was possible to delete all 'O.S. War' related posts.
#24 - Jakg
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I don't get why he should of had the last say and its not the first time ive seen it, he has to give his opinion on it, what if Dustin wasn't actually winding everyone up? Then hes just made everyone think otherwise.

Do you know Dustin that well? No.

Do me & Sam know him well? Yes.

This is just what Dustin does...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It was XCNuse.

Be luck you still have your avatar, then...
I thought Dustin's posts were funny...

Moderators
(87 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG