The online racing simulator
iTCC Round 5 - Protests
Yann beat me to creating the thread here. (Well done ) Please see below for how to make your protest. Do what Yann has done, you won't go far wrong)

Your Name: 405 Y.Laprevotte

Your LFS Username: GreyBull [CHA]

Protest Against: (LFS Username) : BigTime

Type of Protest - Unfair Overtake or whatever) : unfair overtake

Description - Your opinion of what happened) : After a little contact on the entry of turn 3, Nolan decided to come across, and then hit me. His nose was on the left-back side of my car, so I logically span when he decided to go full throttle to lose the less time possible on the incident.

Which Event / Session: (Quali or Race 1/2/3) : Race 3, 3rd lap, 4:30 on the replay.

Attached Evidence - Attach your pictures, or other evidence : Replay - I guess you got it

E : Please, read this before making your decision.

Scott turns Laprevotte around as they exit the corner together. Scott fails to lift and keeps his foot on the gas causing Laprevotte to spin around and lose track positions.

Scott receives a warning for causing an avoidable accident
iTCC Round 5 - Protests
Please make your protests for Round 5 of the 2009 iTCC Touring Car Championship in this thread. You can make your protest by using the template below

iTCC Protest

Your Name:

Your LFS Username:

Protest Against: (LFS Username)

Type of Protest - Unfair Overtake or whatever)

Description - Your opinion of what happened)

Which Event / Session: (Quali or Race 1/2/3)

Attached Evidence - Attach your pictures, or other evidence (Replays can be found here)

You have until 0000 GMT Monday Night/Tuesday Morning to make your protest.

I don't want any arguments in this thread, I will PM the drivers in question to get their comments before any decisions are made.

Decisions/Penalties will be posted in a seperate thread.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yann beat me to creating the thread here. (Well done ) Please see below for how to make your protest. Do what Yann has done, you won't go far wrong)

Your Name: 405 Y.Laprevotte

Your LFS Username: GreyBull [CHA]

Protest Against: (LFS Username) : BigTime

Type of Protest - Unfair Overtake or whatever) : unfair overtake

Description - Your opinion of what happened) : After a little contact on the entry of turn 3, Nolan decided to come across, and then hit me. His nose was on the left-back side of my car, so I logically span when he decided to go full throttle to lose the less time possible on the incident.

Which Event / Session: (Quali or Race 1/2/3) : Race 3, 3rd lap, 4:30 on the replay.

Attached Evidence - Attach your pictures, or other evidence : Replay - I guess you got it

First and foremost, I was never upset with the contact before the our incident. Even though I was driven off the track, I was comfortable in the position we were in since I was planning on pushing Laprevotte... I knew when this incident happened that it would look like retaliation, but I can honestly say this was a mistake. The reason I was coming up the track is because I expected Laprevotte to go to the racing line, which was about a car width to the right.... I expected the car to be recoverable, but the fact is I should have lifted a bit.

I personally think lag really aided the spin, because it felt like our fenders locked. As I said, I never expected that to be unrecoverable. Regardless of which, I'm not going to overly defend this accident. I'll admit that I should have lifted, but the reason for the initial contact was a racing incident, and a misunderstanding of our racing lines.
Quote from BigTime :First and foremost, I was never upset with the contact before the our incident. Even though I was driven off the track, I was comfortable in the position we were in since I was planning on pushing Laprevotte... I knew when this incident happened that it would look like retaliation, but I can honestly say this was a mistake. The reason I was coming up the track is because I expected Laprevotte to go to the racing line, which was about a car width to the right.... I expected the car to be recoverable, but the fact is I should have lifted a bit.

I personally think lag really aided the spin, because it felt like our fenders locked. As I said, I never expected that to be unrecoverable. Regardless of which, I'm not going to overly defend this accident. I'll admit that I should have lifted, but the reason for the initial contact was a racing incident, and a misunderstanding of our racing lines.

I'll accept this as your reply to the protest, Nolan.

In future, please wait for my PM asking for your reply. This thread is meant only for posting your protest. I hope you understand the reason for keeping replies out of this thread (it gets messy and argumentative)

Thanks

Joe Keaveney
iTCC Protest

Your Name: P.Dolezal

Your LFS Username: Klouczech

Protest Against: Fuse5, pmd9409, Arni Arnason

Type of Protest - overtaking on the green flag before finish line

Description - overtaking on the green flag before finish line

Which Event / Session: Race 2, Lap 2 , time on the replay 5:15

Attached Evidence - Attach your pictures, or other evidence: Replay from race 2

Kursk, Diaz, and Arnason all guilty here of passing before the line. All receive a warning.
Sorry for posting again on this thread, but I realised that I wasn't clear enough when I made my protest. In fact this was a great battle, and I don't blame Nolan for the few little contacts we had on the previous lap, even not for the one we had before entering T3, because this is touring car racing after all. But I'm not happy with the way it ended, for me it's clear that he should have lifted off after touching my car on the exit of T3, and this is what I want to be investigated.

Anyway I have to admit that there was a bit of lag involved, but we all know that this is something difficult to suppress from sim-racing for technical reasons, so we all have to deal with that, and to be careful while doing risky passes.
iTCC Protest

Your Name: David Novak

Your LFS Username: Hypothraxer

Protest Against: (LFS Username) Hypothraxer

Type of Protest - Unfair Overtake or whatever): Overtaking before the finish-line under green flag.

Description - Your opinion of what happened): I overtook L. De Jong at Race 2 before the finish-line at the end of the safety-car period.

Which Event / Session: (Quali or Race 1/2/3): Race 2

Attached Evidence - Attach your pictures, or other evidence: 5:13 into the replay of Race 2.

Honesty is hard to come by and much appreciated. Nevertheless, the crime was committed and Novak receives a warning
You're protesting yourself?

Wow.
Yeah, ehmm, lol ..... I suppose it shows fairness on David's behalf though
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You're protesting yourself?

Wow.

It shows David has a high degree of integrity, though. Well done him.
Hi,

I'm not really posting a protest, I'm more asking for other opinions about 2 little incidents that occured between me and 555 - R. Gonçalves.

The point is I'm not sure if he had the right to "close the door" like he did, so I'd like your point of view.

Both happened during Race 3. 1st time was at lap 11, last turn before entering the oval part. 2nd time was at lap 13 right after 1st split, but this time I really don't know if he had to let me some room or if I just had to back off.

Thanks in advance.
Cool seeing you protest against yourself I think the overtake was `unfair`, since you didn`t lift off to let me take back the position (but I did pass in the slipstream).
I don`t think a protest was needed, especially not against yourself but as Joe already said it shows your fairness
I don`t know if the protest does have consequences but I don`t think some sort of a penalty won`t be necesary in this matter

513 Lennart de Jong
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Actually, if you look in the iTCC rulebook, David, you can't.

Yeah - for some reason I thought it is allowed to overtake once the green flag is up. I have no idea where I got that from but it's obviously my fault.

P.S.: We're derailing this thread
Your Name: D.Vuckovic

Your LFS Username: Gaulish

Protest Against: 405 Y.Laprevotte, 19 R.d.Jong

Type of Protest - overtaking on the green flag before finish line

Description - overtaking on the green flag before finish line

Which Event / Session: Race 2, Lap 2 , time on the replay 5:16:30

Attached Evidence - Attach your pictures, or other evidence: Replay from race 2

Laprevotte passes before the line and gains a place. Warning to Laprevotte. De Jong passes before the line but immediately gives the places he made up back, no places were gained therefore he doesn't receive a warning.
...and wonna say great move from number 31..mr. Wilkinson...he brake becose he see that he will overtake me before start line..great move man..
OK I'm closing this thread - the deadline for protests is up, and we're already looking into the re-start antics of a few drivers.

Decisions will be in a few days, and the points table will be updated and published shortly after that.

Cheers

Joe
This thread is closed

iTCC Round 5 - Protests
(18 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG