The online racing simulator
FXO and it's degree of steering
I'd like to know. WHY does the FXO only has 30° of steering and the rest of the roadcars 36°?
If I recall correctly the RB4 also has "only" 30 degrees of steering lock.

Different cars just have different amount of steering lock.
I think its ok , it doesnt need more full lock, more would be useless
Yeah you wouldn't need more than 30 anyway.. :o
One benefit of greater wheel-lock would be a more direct feel when using a 900°-controller, without decreasing the controller's range.

It's really strange that I have to turn the wheel quite a bit more than in real life, where most cars even have more than 900° of steeringwheel rotation (but probably more wheel lock). On the other hand my car doesn't seem to have lots of wheel lock (parking...) and 900° steeringwheel rotation and still you don't have to turn as much as in the XFG for example. I had to restrict the controller to 540° to make LFS feel closer to real life at least in this respect. Something's fishy...

So basically, if a real life FXO-like car only has 30° wheel-lock, then something can't be quite right in LFS. If it has more, and the FXO has some kind of "restricted race lock" then the wheel most probably wouldn't turn 900° either, because it would make the steering less direct than that of the tame road version.

Well, that doesn't answer the original question, but it implies that the answer is most probably not "because it's like this in reality".

So why is it?
And - while we're already there - why do I have to turn more?

btw: scrabby, it took me a couple of seconds to get your avatar, really.
when you drift an RWD you need more lock and XFG or FXO dont think u can drift that. Oversteering
Quote from Bandit77 :One benefit of greater wheel-lock would be a more direct feel when using a 900°-controller, without decreasing the controller's range.

It's really strange that I have to turn the wheel quite a bit more than in real life, where most cars even have more than 900° of steeringwheel rotation (but probably more wheel lock). On the other hand my car doesn't seem to have lots of wheel lock (parking...) and 900° steeringwheel rotation and still you don't have to turn as much as in the XFG for example. I had to restrict the controller to 540° to make LFS feel closer to real life at least in this respect. Something's fishy...

So basically, if a real life FXO-like car only has 30° wheel-lock, then something can't be quite right in LFS. If it has more, and the FXO has some kind of "restricted race lock" then the wheel most probably wouldn't turn 900° either, because it would make the steering less direct than that of the tame road version.

Well, that doesn't answer the original question, but it implies that the answer is most probably not "because it's like this in reality".

So why is it?
And - while we're already there - why do I have to turn more?

btw: scrabby, it took me a couple of seconds to get your avatar, really.

Try running without wheel turn compensation if you arn't already.

wheel turn compensation is just for wheels with low degrees of steering, it makes the relation non-linear. it makes it logarithmic if I recall correctly. this means that near the center the degrees of input cause a lower output than at the far ends of the steering wheels turning radius.

If you have a 900º wheel I'm not sure if it stays the same, it might actualy go inverse, meaning the wheel counts for more near the center, or I could be wrong and it just extends the relation.
Let's face it, floor the throttle out of a tight corner and the FXO might as well have 1 degree of steering lock.
#9 - J@tko
Quote from Bob Smith :Let's face it, floor the throttle out of a tight corner and the FXO might as well have 1 degree of steering lock.

You're fine until you go through the flat-out chicane halfway down the next straight. That's when the turbo kicks in
Quote from J@tko :You're fine until you go through the flat-out chicane halfway down the next straight. That's when the turbo kicks in

if u floor it, u'll have full boost within 2 seconds.. atleast do i have that here..
lets take away 6° of the xrt and my server list would get empty
Quote from DragonCommando :Try running without wheel turn compensation if you arn't already.

Thanks for the tip. I already knew and tried different settings. It doesn't help.

Quote from Bob Smith :Let's face it, floor the throttle out of a tight corner and the FXO might as well have 1 degree of steering lock.

... not with our beloved locked-diff setups.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG