The online racing simulator
Drift points system idea
(49 posts, started )
@bubbles: I didn't categorise you as a demo player as some kind of insult - you are a demo player. No right or wrong, good or bad, it's the truth. It's also written under your username

Anyway, a demo's just meant to be a taste of the game and doesn't totally reflect the full version - especially since there's been a patch since S2 was released. What I meant was that if you had LFS S2 and played it extensively (and maybe hung around here a bit) you'd have more of an idea what LFS was really like and might modify your point of view. I wasn't implying that you don't deserve a say, just that you should try and get as much info as you can before making suggestions about a game you don't actually own yet..

As for your incorporation suggestion, rest assured you aren't the first to hand out free business advice to the developers.
Quote from Hankstar :@bubbles: I didn't categorise you as a demo player as some kind of insult - you are a demo player. No right or wrong, good or bad, it's the truth. It's also written under your username

Anyway, a demo's just meant to be a taste of the game and doesn't totally reflect the full version - especially since there's been a patch since S2 was released. What I meant was that if you had LFS S2 and played it extensively (and maybe hung around here a bit) you'd have more of an idea what LFS was really like and might modify your point of view. I wasn't implying that you don't deserve a say, just that you should try and get as much info as you can before making suggestions about a game you don't actually own yet..

As for your incorporation suggestion, rest assured you aren't the first to hand out free business advice to the developers.

"To me, a demo racer rolling in and telling everyone what LFS should be, without knowing enough about the game to have an informed opinion, as well as slamming others' opinions, is ignorant arrogant."
Sure I'm not, I never said circuit racing sux, and Im not slamming others opinions, I'll just leave it has that.

Ps. I'm saving up for more ram and video card, then I might buy the s2 licence, in anycase don't think Ill my views will change. There's a game in japan that has sold allot.

But I'll leave this up to the developers, it's their game.
Quote from bubbles :"To me, a demo racer rolling in and telling everyone what LFS should be, without knowing enough about the game to have an informed opinion, as well as slamming others' opinions, is ignorant arrogant."
Sure I'm not, I never said circuit racing sux, and Im not slamming others opinions, I'll just leave it has that.

Ps. I'm saving up for more ram and video card, then I might buy the s2 licence, in anycase don't think Ill my views will change. There's a game in japan that has sold allot. http://www.yukes.co.jp/d1-game/img/top_pro_simg.jpg

But I'll leave this up to the developers, it's their game.

No need for a martyr mode, kiddo.

Please... you drifters must realize that even if drifting is possible to recreate in LFS, it is not what LFS was designed to simulate. Thus, actual support (point system, blingbling etc.) to enhance such action is pretty unlikely to come in the future.
And no, I seriously doubt it is realistic to think LFS as basis of an be-all-end-all motorsport simulator consisting every type of imaginable activity based on cars.

EDIT: Just because one can sing songs via VOIP mode in Battlefield 2, does it mean EA/Dice should incorporate some kind of fancy Singstar point system in BF2? Seriously... come on!

Peace!
Quote from spankmeyer :No need for a martyr mode, kiddo.

Please... you drifters must realize that even if drifting is possible to recreate in LFS, it is not what LFS was designed to simulate. Thus, actual support (point system, blingbling etc.) to enhance such action is pretty unlikely to come in the future.
And no, I seriously doubt it is realistic to think LFS as basis of an be-all-end-all motorsport simulator consisting every type of imaginable activity based on cars.

EDIT: Just because one can sing songs via VOIP mode in Battlefield 2, does it mean EA/Dice should incorporate some kind of fancy Singstar point system in BF2? Seriously... come on!

Peace!

"No need for a martyr mode, kiddo"
I'm not a kid, 24 and competed in most drift championships in New Zealand, I have done a lot of circuit racing with a s13 and r32 gtr, thats what I mean by ignorance, just no idea.

"Thus, actual support (point system, blingbling etc.) to enhance such action is pretty unlikely to come in the future."
Blingbling what tha...

"Just because one can sing songs via VOIP mode in Battlefield 2, does it mean EA/Dice should incorporate some kind of fancy Singstar point system in BF2? Seriously... come on!"
Once again ignorance with a touch of arrogance, there's more to it then just oversteering. Stop offending my intellegence. Besides it's just a suggestion.

Peace
Quote from bubbles :...there's more to it then just oversteering. Stop offending my intellegence. Besides it's just a suggestion.

I never said drifting doesn't require skill, you are putting words in my mouth. I can see you are very passionate about drifting and that's totally cool with me.
I enjoy hardcore simulators and close racing, but I have no urge to give business ideas for Need for Speed dev team, if you catch my... ahem... drift.
Quote from bubbles :"Just because one can sing songs via VOIP mode in Battlefield 2, does it mean EA/Dice should incorporate some kind of fancy Singstar point system in BF2? Seriously... come on!"
Once again ignorance with a touch of arrogance.

It's actually a valid point, it's very good for a project to be extremely focused, and catering for every subgroup of users isn't a very good idea, especially for a 3-man team.
Quote from filur :It's actually a valid point, it's very good for a project to be extremely focused, and catering for every subgroup of users isn't a very good idea, especially for a 3-man team.

I see it like this, your band and you only play Rock, you make a lot of money but it's not enought so you take it the next step, you buy a studio and start contrating bands and selling theirs album's, but you figure that "hey, the business has grown but our fans are the same, maybe we should expand and sell other types of music to weight out the cost of the company. So they start selling Dance hip hop death etc, their company gets bigger and shareholders see an interest in the company and invest. You pay a team of marketers, editors, etc while your racing your very own Mclaren F1 down the track.
It doesn't have to be a 3-team man if you think outside the square, trust me my dad's a financial anylist.
Quote from bubbles :So you think drifting is just entertainment, well your wrong, but hey even if you don't like the idea, by doing so you would be reaching a wider audience.

With this accurated physics engine the game is running by then you will be eating square soft "gran turismo" series for breakfast.
But it's up to your ignorance and arrogance, I see this, it's a shame narrow minded people don't.

what the heck? Gran Turismo was developed by polyphony. Squaresoft develops games like...FINAL FANTASY.
Quote from Psycho Evangelion :what the heck? Gran Turismo was developed by polyphony. Squaresoft develops games like...FINAL FANTASY.

Ooops.
Quote from bubbles :I see it like this, your band and you only play Rock, you make a lot of money but it's not enought so you take it the next step, you buy a studio and start contrating bands and selling theirs album's, but you figure that "hey, the business has grown but our fans are the same, maybe we should expand and sell other types of music to weight out the cost of the company. So they start selling Dance hip hop death etc, their company gets bigger and shareholders see an interest in the company and invest. You pay a team of marketers, editors, etc while your racing your very own Mclaren F1 down the track.
It doesn't have to be a 3-team man if you think outside the square, trust me my dad's a financial anylist.

He may be, but you're not. My dad's a (retired) high school teacher, yet I left high school early to play music and play video games for a coupla years before I started working. Trust me, occupational skills don't rub off

And having been in bands since 1992, I can honestly say that if you'd ever been a band yourself you wouldn't see it so simplistically. Noone I've ever encountered in the biz has wanted to turn their band into Sony Music...
Just think about the Foo Fighters (as an example off the top of my head): they only play rock. They've played straight-up rock music since 1994. They haven't opened a studio or started a label and started selling every other kind of music under the sun. Yet they're one of the biggest bands on the planet - and in 4 (5?) albums they still haven't diversified into other genres. Four very successful musicians with as much control as they want over their product, legions of fans and buckets and buckets of money.

I'm not psychic but I think the devs have a business plan (which seems to work pretty well btw) and I'm sure if they wanted financial advice they wouldn't consult someone whose dad is a financial analyst, or trawl the forums looking for random advice from anonymous screen names - and especially not from people who haven't even bought their product and have a decent understanding of it! Not everyone wants to turn their business into a massive corporate colossus. Have you considered that the developers may love being in a 3-man team? To me, that is thinking outside the corporate square. I can't think of another game/sim built by such a small team that's as successful as LFS. IMHO, going down the road of hiring a shipload of people to do everything for you while you rake in the dough is about as traditional and "in the square" as you can get. With 3 people, all the control is in their hands and the final say on everything belongs to them. With 300 employees and a bunch of shareholders, they'd always have to compromise something, meet some deadline, meet some sales/profit target and other such corporate bullsh1t. They'd turn into EA games ffs.

Besides, if the devs hired more people, it'd just be more people to share their profits with
Quote from Hankstar :He may be, but you're not. My dad's a (retired) high school teacher, yet I left high school early to play music and play video games for a coupla years before I started working. Trust me, occupational skills don't rub off

And having been in bands since 1992, I can honestly say that if you'd ever been a band yourself you wouldn't see it so simplistically. Noone I've ever encountered in the biz has wanted to turn their band into Sony Music...
Just think about the Foo Fighters (as an example off the top of my head): they only play rock. They've played straight-up rock music since 1994. They haven't opened a studio or started a label and started selling every other kind of music under the sun. Yet they're one of the biggest bands on the planet - and in 4 (5?) albums they still haven't diversified into other genres. Four very successful musicians with as much control as they want over their product, legions of fans and buckets and buckets of money.

I'm not psychic but I think the devs have a business plan (which seems to work pretty well btw) and I'm sure if they wanted financial advice they wouldn't consult someone whose dad is a financial analyst, or trawl the forums looking for random advice from anonymous screen names - and especially not from people who haven't even bought their product and have a decent understanding of it! Not everyone wants to turn their business into a massive corporate colossus. Have you considered that the developers may love being in a 3-man team? To me, that is thinking outside the corporate square. I can't think of another game/sim built by such a small team that's as successful as LFS. IMHO, going down the road of hiring a shipload of people to do everything for you while you rake in the dough is about as traditional and "in the square" as you can get. With 3 people, all the control is in their hands and the final say on everything belongs to them. With 300 employees and a bunch of shareholders, they'd always have to compromise something, meet some deadline, meet some sales/profit target and other such corporate bullsh1t. They'd turn into EA games ffs.

Besides, if the devs hired more people, it'd just be more people to share their profits with

You mist my entire point LOL
And the point I missed is ... ?
Read between the lines stupid.
Grow up FFS. This is how you respond in what could've been an intelligent debate? LOL, calling me stupid - while you mis-spell just about every second word and can barely make a sentence...

If you could articulate your point like a grownup, maybe I wouldn't need clarification.

Sorry about the big words.

edit: I'm not waiting for a response. I'm leaving this thread to the pages of history, so whatever you want to say, go for your life.
But don't forget to proofread it before you post.
Quote from Hankstar :Grow up FFS. This is how you respond in what could've been an intelligent debate? LOL, calling me stupid - while you mis-spell just about every second word and can barely make a sentence...

If you could articulate your point like a grownup, maybe I wouldn't need clarification.

Sorry about the big words.

edit: I'm not waiting for a response. I'm leaving this thread to the pages of history, so whatever you want to say, go for your life.
But don't forget to proofread it before you post.

LOL
Is that all you got? LOL

Really leaving this time...over it *sigh*
Liar liar pants on fire.
i think bubbles is cranky cause no one has changed his dirty diapers....

Wheres your mommy? can we help you get her? abooo booo... oh such a cute baby, so outspoken for his age too!
Anyone seen a padlock around here somewhere? Last time I saw Victor was hanging out with it, maybe we should PM him about this thread.
Quote from bubbles :I see it like this, your band and you only play Rock, you make a lot of money but it's not enought so you take it the next step, you buy a studio and start contrating bands and selling theirs album's, but you figure that "hey, the business has grown but our fans are the same, maybe we should expand and sell other types of music to weight out the cost of the company. So they start selling Dance hip hop death etc, their company gets bigger and shareholders see an interest in the company and invest. You pay a team of marketers, editors, etc while your racing your very own Mclaren F1 down the track.

In other words, turning your indie company into sony, getting rid of anything special about your way of doing things, and going for the marketers, the editors and the bank account.
I know what you are but what am I?
Quote from RMachucaA :i think bubbles is cranky cause no one has changed his dirty diapers....

Wheres your mommy? can we help you get her? abooo booo... oh such a cute baby, so outspoken for his age too!

Canadians are so weird. Baby's don't talk dopy.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
I’m sure you know there is a bit more to it:
Angle and speed and also the line you use to drift.
The chaser has to mimic or be faster than the chased, but losses points if the chaser overtakes him (unfair power disadvantage ) unless the chased has an accident and spins out. The chaser losses points if he crashes against the opponent
Other things to note: In most Option vid the Judges listen when they drop the revs too much during mid drift and loss points.
Big points on how you initiate the first Judge corner and link all the corners with drifting. Judges don’t care which technique you use as long as it looks good.
So, if ur new drift system comes out, LFS takes one step back to arcade game. IRL u don't see any angle meters or any points.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof

Drift points system idea
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG