The online racing simulator
Sporadic slow frame rates
(9 posts, started )
Just wonder if anyone has any suggestion here. I've been running lfs for years, on-line and off, with no problems at all - frame rates perfectly acceptable, from 30 to 90 or so, depending on load..

But suddenly, just this last week or so, without any hardware changes, I find that just occasionally the frame rate will suddenly plummet down to just 1 or 2; this "logjam" will last for about 5 or 10 seconds before the system reverts fairly swiftly to normal. And then, perhaps half an hour later, it will happen again..

Obviously first thoughts are that some other process - say a virus scan - is taking over the CPU from time to time... but I really can't see evidence of that.. and even if it was so, to slash the frame rate to an absurd 1 or 2 per second would be remarkable..

I've read the threads which refer to Minimum Sleep and Dynamic LOD, which gives me a few things to try, but wonder whether anyone else has experienced anything like this or has any suggestions to make ..

Thanks..
#2 - Aid
i have similar problem since i installed g25.. usually i have 40-70 fps but every few laps it slows down to <10 for second or two... no idea why it happens and how to fix it
I have experienced this before, really frustrating. The frame rates were so low that I would crash the car every time. I think it had to do with skin download in my case. The problem went away by itself / can't remember how i fixed it.

Suggestions:

- defrag
- fresh install of LFS
- turn off skin download
- when playing offline disconnect your network and shut down antivirus
- add your LFS folder to antivirus exception list

Are you using a test patch? If yes, try patch Z if it makes any difference.

Also, which version of Windows are you using?
#4 - dadge
Quote from Aid :i have similar problem since i installed g25.. usually i have 40-70 fps but every few laps it slows down to <10 for second or two... no idea why it happens and how to fix it

the usb ports are struggling to provide enough power. used to happen to me (years ago) new psu or a powered usb hub should fix that issue.
Sometimes it helps to try a different usb port. They are not the same, although they should be.

Also you could try messing with the power management of usb ports in the device manager.
Many thanks to you all for these ideas... I'll try our some things and report back..
#7 - Aid
i think i tried switching ports also i changes psu recently i think it may be my motherboard i'll try to use powered hub and see what will happen thanks
#8 - Aid
on the other hans g25 takes only 80mA (while port can provide 500mA) while my other devices pluged it to other ports take up to 300-400mA and work ok
I had massive slowdowns on occasion and I found out it was my actual harddrive giving up the ghost. Everything would be fine and then it would just stutter for a few seconds. While it might not be your problem, it could be. Maybe a defrag could help too, who knows.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG