The online racing simulator
G25 broken, what to do
(35 posts, started )
G25 broken, what to do
So, I seem to have a problem with my G25, everything still works perfect, except the accelerator, which seems to have given up.

When pressing the pedal, nothing happens, it doesn't register in Wingman software either.

The wheel is 2 years and 2 months old, and Logitech only guarantees 24 months.

What do I have to do, unscrew the pedals myself and see what's the problem ( there could be some dust and sand in there, you can hear it) or could I still return it?
You could maybe try sending it back. Seing as your warranty is out by only 2 months, they might let you off. Just plea with them a little.

If you cant do that, then it will most likely be a loose or disconnected wire on the accelerator. The pedals are extremely simple to take apart, so have a look and report back here. Get pics preferably.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You could maybe try sending it back. Seing as your warranty is out by only 2 months, they might let you off. Just plea with them a little.

If you cant do that, then it will most likely be a loose or disconnected wire on the accelerator. The pedals are extremely simple to take apart, so have a look and report back here. Get pics preferably.

Alright, I'll open it up later today and post some pics.
Try logitech first and see if they will replace it. You dont wanna open it up, then have them allow you to replace it as your warranty will definitely be voided if you open it up.
I'm taking it to the store tomorrow, how much would it cost to get it fixed by Logitech? If I'm unlucky and they don't replace it.
AFAICT the sellers won't touch it after 30 days have passed since the purchase. From that point on, it's logitech's business, or so their warranty says.

I did some searching some time ago, some people were offered a replacement at a substantially reduced price. It may be worth contacting them anyway.
Quote from NightShift :AFAICT the sellers won't touch it after 30 days have passed since the purchase. From that point on, it's logitech's business, or so their warranty says.

I did some searching some time ago, some people were offered a replacement at a substantially reduced price. It may be worth contacting them anyway.

Alrightn I'll first contact them by mail.

It does say on the site of the shop there is a 24 month warranty there, but I'll see if I can get an answer from Logitech.
Quote from Dillyracer :Alrightn I'll first contact them by mail.

It does say on the site of the shop there is a 24 month warranty there, but I'll see if I can get an answer from Logitech.

well, if it is still covered still at the store, you'd probably get a faster response from them, and maybe even walk out with a whole new set of wheel/pedals/shifter... just something to think about.
Ok, update on the situation.

2 months warranty void was too much for the shop, so I decided to open it up myself. Cleaned all the pedals, tested the accel pedal and it worked!

I put the bodomplate back on, screw in some screws and turn around the set, suddenly my software says the pedal is at 70% and it stays there.

I unscrew everything again just to find out everything works like normal again, so I get the screws back in, same thing happens as before.

I unscrew again, tape the wires into place, screw everything back on, and it works! I put it in place under my desk, and suddenly software says it's at 20 procent.

Weird thing is, I'm not touching it and it's dropping, it went from 20 to 15 and now it's at 5, when I use the pedal, it always goes back to 5 procent.

Any ideas on what this is, I have no idea what's causing it.
Seems like a duff sensor or a faulty wire? Leave it unscrewed
Yes, that's the emergency solution.

The pedal starts freaking when I put my wheel on my desk, and it goes back to normal when I put it away.

Did my G25 set started hating me or something

*edit*

seems like it's the cable, the connector plugged in to the wheel or something.
How much would it cost to let the shop send it back to Logitech to get it fixed?
Just try to claim it back on Warranty. Logitech are very nice like that. Don't tell them you opened it up. They'll just want to see proof it's in a non usable condition so just make it look like you cut the USB cables.
or they'll ask you to smash it up........
suck the cable into the brushes of a vacuum cleaner... i lost quite a few console controllers that way.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Just try to claim it back on Warranty. Logitech are very nice like that. Don't tell them you opened it up. They'll just want to see proof it's in a non usable condition so just make it look like you cut the USB cables.

I already asked the RMA service of the store, they said a few weeks is no problem, but now I'm already facing a 3 month overdue of warranty.
Go direct to LOGITECH.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Go direct to LOGITECH.

How exactly?

I can't seem to find anything relevant on their site.
Alright, I sent them an e-mail.
Yeah I also filled in a form for my spiking throttle and duff shifter..
Im still trying to find a shifter to buy.
Yah. Theres a couple over in the US, but there abit too expensive just for a G25 shifter. Cant find ANY in the UK though, as it would be easier because i could just travel over and pick it up.
@Frenchy, problem is if you look for another shifter there's hardly anything cheap out there.

E.g. the SST Lightning would cost me almost like a new G25 and judging from videos on the tube, the stick movement is a bit bouncy and not quite realistic anyway (though hopefully sturdier than the Logitech toy)

G25 broken, what to do
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG