The online racing simulator
Supermarket staff : PISS YOU OFF!
(62 posts, started )
I am sooooooooooooooo sorry you had a rough day. I hate slowness, and how people go slow. For me, take walking out of church for example. It's like there are so many old people in front of you, that you literally have to stop and stand there for a minute. You do nothing, and they go as SLOW as possible! It's irritating, so I know how you feel. But I should look at the bright side; I caught a Ferrari F430 on the Nurburgring today! And a few other supercars.
Quote from mrodgers :
When I go to the registers in a store, I do not dump a basket of products onto the counter and expect the clerk to sort through them. I do not leave the 50 pound bag of dog food at the bottom of the cart expecting the 60 year old lady working the counter to lift it out and pull it across the scanner. I do not just leave everything in the cart and expect the clerk to pull it all out to scan it. And I do not expect the clerk to be having a good day and be pleasant when I just watched 5 ****s in front of me treat her like shit. I will try to make it their day when it comes time for me to be checked out.

Yup, I agree. However the problem here I think is laziness rather than people being mean. As I said I used to work in this very store and it's just what these people are like. The only bad thing is when people ask you to pack their bags when they're fully capable, but then again that's what happens when you work in retial.

Especially when it's a small salad bowl, a drink and a chocolate bar. I mean cmon, great effort needed to move them..
Quote from mrodgers : When I go to the registers in a store, I do not dump a basket of products onto the counter and expect the clerk to sort through them. I do not leave the 50 pound bag of dog food at the bottom of the cart expecting the 60 year old lady working the counter to lift it out and pull it across the scanner. I do not just leave everything in the cart and expect the clerk to pull it all out to scan it. And I do not expect the clerk to be having a good day and be pleasant when I just watched 5 ****s in front of me treat her like shit. I will try to make it their day when it comes time for me to be checked out.

Is it really that bad in your area? The people over here are much nicer to staff. Supermarket clerks are nice to me, and I am nice to them. Everyone is, with only one or two exceptions out of a hundred, if not less. I suppose that's one of the joys of living here.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :AND THEN if I'm at the Ciggy till, (WHERE I BUY GUM NOT FAGS...), this stupid old lady waddles across to do the lottery for some guy, and takes 3498374983 HOURS PRESSING 5 BUTTONS! Then takes a further 18 weeks getting 3 scratch cards from the ****ING PLASTIC THING IN FRONT OF HER ****ING FACE.

This happens to me too [but I go there because there's usually a massive queue at the rest of the checkouts and I usually only buy like 1 or 2 things] and it's really annoying because it ALWAYS happens when I'm late for class
Perhaps I can offer some insight on why the staff aren't always the smiley happy people you see on the posters...

I work in a supermarket part time so I can pay the car bills and make a bit extra for shiny things. It's not a bad place to work at all and generally, I'm nice to the customers (got an award for it t'other day infact ) but I'll admit after 7 hours there I can become a bit irritable and unsociable.

Remember that some people will have worked there for 15 years 5 days a week 9 hours a day and may be jaded and miserable sometimes.

All you can do is go to a different checkout I guess
Quote from hrtburnout :Is it really that bad in your area? The people over here are much nicer to staff. Supermarket clerks are nice to me, and I am nice to them. Everyone is, with only one or two exceptions out of a hundred, if not less. I suppose that's one of the joys of living here.

It isn't like that everywhere, where I live the supermarket staff (although there's 5 supermarkets in my area) are usually OK but I tend to avoid the big supermarkets due to the fact they're busy all the time, I usually stick to the newsagents where the customer service is better and friendlier.

@ S14: In all honesty why keep doing the same routine if it's making you late, either leave earlier or get your stuff another time. Simple
-
(Mackie The Staggie) DELETED by Mackie The Staggie
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It was meant to be slightly humorous as other people has found. Sorry you woke up on the serious tree this morning!!

Maybe I have woken up without my sense of humor, maybe I never had one, maybe I’m a grumpy bar-steward due to my constant ear-ache and the loud drilling of the machinery next too my office space or maybe I’m sick and tired of constant whining for no end goal.

99% of the public are obnoxious bar-stewards, having been on the other side of the counter when young, I’m fully aware what is required as an employee, also I’m fully aware that customers are idiots, and should be treated with the contempt that they duly deserve. Honestly I rarely have any trouble with my shopping now that I have filtered out the bad shops….if I get poor customer service; they do not receive my custom, as that annoying rat/Meekat says……“Simples"
I always love how people make comments that aren't funny, and then when they are not well received they say 'well it was supposed to be funny'.
Quite funny, I've had this rant many times about our local Tesco. They really are dodgy.
One of the checkout guys is the most obnoxious and unpleasant little men I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. We call him Hitler because of his attitude. If someone is taking longer than he deems fit at the self-scan checkouts, he physically takes their items out of their hands and starts scanning them for him. No request, no help, just grabbing.
Likewise, when he's directing people to less busy queues you don't get a choice. He doesn't just suggest it, he demands it and then nudges people in the direction he wants them to go.

We had an issue with the store at the start of the year and he was one of the maggots involved. Our case held up because several members of staff lied about events and then had to change their stories when the CCTV footage and till receipts proved them wrong. How I laughed.

We don't shop there any more for the most part, despite our case being heard. They don't deserve my custom. We went to a less convenient Asda instead, and the staff there are infinitely better.
My auntie (she's about 30) couldn't get served in a Sainsburry's for wine a few weeks ago - she even knows half of the people that work there but this stupid person on the checkout insisted on seeing ID, even though my auntie HAD HER DAUGHTER WITH HER.

I hate supermarkets.
It's the new Think 25 rule- if the checkout person thinks you look under 25, you get ID'd. If you get it wrong as a cashier and sell alcohol to someone underage, you lose your job so people err on the side of caution. Don't blame the guy on the till.
Why do people of age not have an ID with them in the first place, never understood that. If you're the sort of person who might participate in an activity that may require an ID, have one in your wallet / purse permanently :\

Sometimes queues and the cashiers do take a bit long, but for me the solution is to not be in a rush when I go to a shop. The less I'm rushing the less it annoys me.
Tobacco is worse than alcohol over here. If you look under 40, they are required to check ID at Walmart. It's the store's requirement.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Maybe I have woken up without my sense of humor, maybe I never had one, maybe I’m a grumpy bar-steward due to my constant ear-ache and the loud drilling of the machinery next too my office space or maybe I’m sick and tired of constant whining for no end goal.

99% of the public are obnoxious bar-stewards, having been on the other side of the counter when young, I’m fully aware what is required as an employee, also I’m fully aware that customers are idiots, and should be treated with the contempt that they duly deserve. Honestly I rarely have any trouble with my shopping now that I have filtered out the bad shops….if I get poor customer service; they do not receive my custom, as that annoying rat/Meekat says……“Simples"

As said I worked full time in that very same supermarket for over 4 months, so I'm allowed to complain. There's a Tesco up the road but then I won't get my nectar pointzz! Pleeease come to compare the meerkat.com.

And on the subject of alcohol I recently decided it should be illegal to be drunk outside of your home.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Especially when it's a small salad bowl, a drink and a chocolate bar. I mean cmon, great effort needed to move them..

It's a travisty that the supermarket gives you a free carrier bag to carry 3 items, when you no doubt have a rucksack on your back, they most certainly shouldn't give you a motivation to throw some plastic onto landfill (or no doubt the street because you can't be bothered to use a bin). I always back my own bags, even when the cashier offers to, it lets them serve the person behind reducing the queues that morons like to moan about.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Why do people of age not have an ID with them in the first place, never understood that. If you're the sort of person who might participate in an activity that may require an ID, have one in your wallet / purse permanently :\

Sometimes queues and the cashiers do take a bit long, but for me the solution is to not be in a rush when I go to a shop. The less I'm rushing the less it annoys me.

In the UK we do not have state issued ID cards for everyone (yet) and photo driving licenses have only been around for a few years and the old paper documents are not dated (like the new cards) so there's no incentive for people with old licenses to pay to get a photo card when they get IDd so rarely (the only time I'm routinely asked for it is at clubs and rarely when buying alcohol from supermarkets).
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
And on the subject of alcohol I recently decided it should be illegal to be drunk outside of your home.

Or going by what happened to my mate, (see inevitable pictures thread for those that missed it) strictly INSIDE your home with NO exceptions, especially when needing the bathroom!!
#42 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :There's a Tesco up the road but then I won't get my nectar pointzz!

Tesco Clubcard ftw.
#43 - Migz
Stuff Your Bloody Nectar Points
Quote from ajp71 :It's a travisty that the supermarket gives you a free carrier bag to carry 3 items, when you no doubt have a rucksack on your back, they most certainly shouldn't give you a motivation to throw some plastic onto landfill (or no doubt the street because you can't be bothered to use a bin). I always back my own bags, even when the cashier offers to, it lets them serve the person behind reducing the queues that morons like to moan about.

Yes mate I agree. I try to avoid them but if I don't, especially if it's raining, I get soppy sandwiches. If it's sunny I'll go without a bag. And I always pack my/Dads bags as well, cause I know what a pain it is.. and it's quicker for everyone. +1
NO MY NECTAR POINTZ!111!1!//@@!!!111
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yes mate I agree. I try to avoid them but if I don't, especially if it's raining, I get soppy sandwiches. If it's sunny I'll go without a bag. And I always pack my/Dads bags as well, cause I know what a pain it is.. and it's quicker for everyone. +1
NO MY NECTAR POINTZ!111!1!//@@!!!111

Be a bit more organised and always have a carrier bag inside your rucksack for keeping things dry then... and what actual advantage does Nectar points have? It's just yet another card shoved inside my wallet that only benefits the shop in question.
I tend to fill my bike up at Sainsburys as it's often cheapest. Plus I gain nectar points which I can use to get money off my lunch/shopping/clothes at a later date.

You also get vouchers for say, £2.50 off a £10 shop, and £2 off if you spend over £6 on fruit and veg, etc etc.
i try to stay away from tescos and such because the staff who generally work their aren't.... The sharpest knife in the drawer...

i just go to the cash and carry with my uncles passcard, 24 bottles of Budweiser for 16 euro... Lulz

never and issue problem or anything, buy all you can fit itno your motor, staffs decent and prices are nice
Quote from ajp71 :It's a travisty that the supermarket gives you a free carrier bag to carry 3 items, when you no doubt have a rucksack on your back, they most certainly shouldn't give you a motivation to throw some plastic onto landfill (or no doubt the street because you can't be bothered to use a bin). I always back my own bags, even when the cashier offers to, it lets them serve the person behind reducing the queues that morons like to moan about.

We always pack our own bags, but I object these days to be made to feel like a criminal because I don't have or want a Bag For Life (or whatever the local name for them is). We need carrier bags. They get recycled as often as we can, but we usually use them for lining bins around the house and disposing of stuff that might otherwise stink up an outside bin (cat litter for one thing).

But yes, it's stupid when on one hand they say don't use bags, but then when they pack your shopping they seem to try and use as many bags as possible. Retarded.

Supermarkets suck and I hate them all. In my experience, Tesco seems to be the worst though. Particularly ours. I'd happily carpet bomb the lot them.
Quote from Dajmin :We always pack our own bags, but I object these days to be made to feel like a criminal because I don't have or want a Bag For Life (or whatever the local name for them is). We need carrier bags. They get recycled as often as we can, but we usually use them for lining bins around the house and disposing of stuff that might otherwise stink up an outside bin (cat litter for one thing).

I'm a great believer in carrier bags and am not going to buy a bag for life. Carrier bags are reusable though and undeniably wasting them costs money and is harmful to the environment, there's no point in using a carrier bag if you've got a better bag on your back or for a bottle of coke.
I work at Sainsburys

EDIT: Didnt read all of it :P

However, our store (fairly big, 30 normal tills, 3 basket tills, 3 kiosk, 3 csd, 2 gm/clothing), we aim for 19 items per minute, and we got our results recently, almost every person does reach that target. But i do know of another smaller store in the next town, they totally fail that target by alot.

EDIT: But in return to your title 'PISS YOU OFF!', i think you will agree, alot of customers piss off the staff aswell..

Supermarket staff : PISS YOU OFF!
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG