The online racing simulator
Quote from Ori :sorry should have been more precise: i meant it in genral. i was not referring to this safety-car regulation. i meant we should make use of the freedom to form that we have and choose rationality over desperately trying to copy IRL.

We do

The '500 is [loosely] "based" on the Indy 500 [logo match? :P] and so we started to base everything that happens [e.g quali system] on that. Where something is not feasible in a Sim-Racing context [e.g I believe they have week-long warm-up races or something like that], we change it or leave it out

Given the recent practice races we feel that we need to change some of the rules to make it no just a good race for the drivers, but also for us and anyone watching. Therefore we modify the rules periodically and/or when issues arise to make sure that this is the case
#27 - Ori
Quote from J@tko :We do

The '500 is [loosely] "based" on the Indy 500 [logo match? :P] and so we started to base everything that happens [e.g quali system] on that. Where something is not feasible in a Sim-Racing context [e.g I believe they have week-long warm-up races or something like that], we change it or leave it out

Given the recent practice races we feel that we need to change some of the rules to make it no just a good race for the drivers, but also for us and anyone watching. Therefore we modify the rules periodically and/or when issues arise to make sure that this is the case

Glad to hear mate. I dare dream of what NDR started and is running to become one of THE events not only in LFS but in the whole sim world.

off topic: i laughed hard on your signature
Quote from SmegFirk :It' just because we know there will be slow periods behind safe cars, but if you could guarantee long stretches of 2 car drafting you would definitely want a lot of fuel, the tyres will last with a decent set.

Like I said because of safety car periods it may well not be worth carrying the extra weight as safety car periods are quite economical. In the practice session last Friday I had enough fuel in order to do all 45 laps at full speed without stopping. With the safety car periods I only used around half the fuel I was carrying, but can you take that chance in the big race.

It's just something else to consider and hopefully it is what will make the race great, strategies with fuel may well play a big part.

r2 tyres and 100% fuel with drifting
1. to many drift and yor tyres are gone
2. with 100% fuel you wont be able to go laps below 38s without drift in first 50 laps , in the meantime ewerybody else will give to you 1 full lap arraund you (expecialy if they wont be a long safety car periods)
3. this means eweribody can get a pit stop with 20 seconds (refuling and tyres change , minory damage repair) and be able to back on the track again before you.

On kyoto 500 I expecting abaut 4 pitstop if ewerithing goes ok.
Quote from Ki-Men :r2 tyres and 100% fuel with drifting
1. to many drift and yor tyres are gone
2. with 100% fuel you wont be able to go laps below 38s without drift in first 50 laps , in the meantime ewerybody else will give to you 1 full lap arraund you (expecialy if they wont be a long safety car periods)
3. this means eweribody can get a pit stop with 20 seconds (refuling and tyres change , minory damage repair) and be able to back on the track again before you.

On kyoto 500 I expecting abaut 4 pitstop if ewerithing goes ok.

And that is racing. A full load of fuel your going to go slower then with less fuel. Depends on how you or your team wants to do the race. I have yet to run 100% with r2's but im pretty sure I can as a few others run sub 38's with 100% fuel on r2's. Under a green flag pit stop if your in and out of the pits in under 38 seconds and back up to full speed im pretty sure you didnt refuel, change tires, and fix damage.
shut up and race.
Quote from z-ro 8 :shut up and race.

Havoc FTW, remind me and I might help ya with the setup
Quote from Raven88 :Havoc FTW, remind me and I might help ya with the setup

i dont need your setup. i got the juice baby. lol
Quote from z-ro 8 :i dont need your setup. i got the juice baby. lol

there is no NOS in lfs, lol
evidently you dont watch movies.
lol
#36 - wild
Quote from Ki-Men :2. with 100% fuel you wont be able to go laps below 38s without drift in

Obviously you have never driven on the oval with R2s and 100% fuel as you would clearly see that you would constantly hit 37.40x for the first couple of laps. Then gradually your times will get faster and faster.

Quote from Ki-Men :This with 100 % fuel is the stupidist idea I heard here.
I dont wont to comment , just say that if you are wont to be in race all the times than nobody will drive with more than 45% off fuel.

You won't drive with more than 45% fuel at anyone stage, how many pit stops are you planning on doing? I suggest you have a serious re-think of your race strategy!
Quote from wild :Obviously you have never driven on the oval with R2s and 100% fuel as you would clearly see that you would constantly hit 37.40x for the first couple of laps. Then gradually your times will get faster and faster.

You won't drive with more than 45% fuel at anyone stage, how many pit stops are you planning on doing? I suggest you have a serious re-think of your race strategy!

Let him run his strategy, it could just be crazy enough to work.

Or I am just trying to gain another position on track before the race even starts. :P
Quote from wild :Obviously you have never driven on the oval with R2s and 100% fuel as you would clearly see that you would constantly hit 37.40x for the first couple of laps. Then gradually your times will get faster and faster. 1

You won't drive with more than 45% fuel at anyone stage, how many pit stops are you planning on doing? I suggest you have a serious re-think of your race strategy 2 !

1. Before you anything say , take your race set with 100% fuel and try and you will see yourself what happening
2. Obviusli this tactic is based on 4 pitstops if ewerything on track goes ok.

In last days I was watched some replays , and find some wery interesting things , and the conclusion is that to many drafting with r2 tyres on this track is not a good idea .
Few laps is ok but more than that hmmm....
Cheers wild, you have saved me some typing lol.

The key is avoiding damage and needing to go into the pits unnecessarily. If there were loads of safety car periods and the only reason you had to pit was for fuel of tyres, you can do the whole race with a couple of stops.

With all the safety cars in the practice session last Friday, as I have already mentioned, I did the 40 laps I was on track with 18% fuel.

Anyway, this is well off topic considering we are in the rules thread, but it is good to see that everyone has a different opinion on strategy. It would be boring if everybody was going to try doing the same thing.
Quote from Ki-Men :1. Before you anything say , take your race set with 100% fuel and try and you will see yourself what happening

I have, within the last 20 minutes, I was doing 37.44's between 100% fuel and 95% fuel.

Quote :2. Obviusli this tactic is based on 4 pitstops if ewerything on track goes ok.

In last days I was watched some replays , and find some wery interesting things , and the conclusion is that to many drafting with r2 tyres on this track is not a good idea .

You should watch longer. It all depends upon the setup of course but if I am drafting with another FM member the tyres get quite hot no doubt about it for the first 20 or so laps, they then begin to cool down and you can draft as long as you like. Longer than the time that 45% fuel would allow you to do. Like I have already said, each person has their own way of thinking and that's all good. The only thing I'm disagreeing about is that with 100% fuel you can do 37.40s with no trouble.
FM Junkies , if I m a good memory on your track is forbiden using r2 tyres.
With r4 and r3 is not the same thing
And dont forget bumpdrafting is forbiden.
Quote from Ki-Men :FM Junkies , if I m a good memory on your track is forbiden using r2 tyres.

You don't seem to want to accept that people can drive 100% fuel with R2 tyres and do 37.40s. I know very well that my server does not allow R2 tyres which is why I did it offline.

Something else to blow your mind is that when I was using 100% fuel and I drove around 80 laps to see what would happen with the tyres, they never went above 127'c. If your tyres are going way beyond that and with 100% fuel you cannot do 37.40s, it's not my fault.

I will make this as clear as possible.
  • I drove on my own with nobody else
  • 100% fuel & R2 tyres
  • Lap times = 37.40s
  • After 70 laps tyre temperatures = 127'c
#43 - wild
Quote from Ki-Men :FM Junkies , if I m a good memory on your track is forbiden using r2 tyres.

We've all read the rules, we know that bump-drafting, R3 and R4 tyres are disallowed. Smegfirk was clearly saying that both of us managed to get in the 37.40s with R2s and 100% fuel.

As Smeg has also stated that this is not the proper thread to be bitching about this in!
Offtopic yes !
Maybe itt will be better to open another post and moderate this that will merge a new topic. something like :Strategies on kyoto 500 , or something like that. He is wright this is topic for the rules.
Sorry guys.
Quote from Ki-Men :1. Before you anything say , take your race set with 100% fuel and try and you will see yourself what happening
2. Obviusli this tactic is based on 4 pitstops if ewerything on track goes ok.

Drafting on this track with r2 tires, the only problem spot is turn 3, so guess what you do in turn 3 when you can't run the ideal line? You change your line up till you can...
weeeeeeeeeeeeee

I already have uploaded a hl within 103%
I already have more than 300 online laps
I already have participated in at least 2 practice sessions

I AM NOW ALLOWED TO RACE THE KYOTO 500 [or its just me failing again?]
#47 - wild
Quote from buck77 :I AM NOW ALLOWED TO RACE THE KYOTO 500 [or its just me failing again?]

You've met all the entry requirements, I think Deko has the final decision if you are permitted to enter or not (: Good luck
Just a suggestion : We've seen on practice sessions that some drivers have difficulties to respect the mandatory distances between 2 cars under SC(3-5 cars). So, in my opinion, you should put 2 or 3 chalk lines spreaded aroun the lap, on the right side of the track(one on each straight I'd say), to show the minimal distance to respect. We have that on some publics roads in France, and it works fairly well.
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :[...] We have that on some publics roads in France, and it works fairly well.

Well, it only works until some Germans are coming

I'll take a look on that and try to make a suggestion in form of a layout.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG