The online racing simulator
Did you know its 23 celcius in LFS?
Did this silly test and I thought I share it with you. Car was standing still about 2 hours and 14 minutes, and final result was 23 degrees of celsius, temperature of LFS. Or atleast in South City. Well...did knew that?

Attached images
Image2.jpg
Soo, how fun was it driving on those ice-bricks?
Now, test for another 4 hours and 28 minutes if it makes difference in the cloudy/evening settings
Quote from AndroidXP :Soo, how fun was it driving on those ice-bricks?

Are you kidding? It was even more fun than watching the temp drop
I was thinking to test with cloudy...but I see when I can left LFS running for 2 hours alone again
23 eh? I had guessed at 20 for working out air density in GRC for top speed analysis. Don't think it really makes that much difference but if this can be definately confirmed I could adjust my numbers.
hehe, nice test.
now u can test if different tracks have different temps... Fern Bay seems to be quite tropical so maybe temp would be highter... also test when you put wind on high if temperature drops.......

mad
#8 - ORION
iirc Scawen even said once, that track temps differ depending on the track.
Im quite sure Fern Bay is very hot :]
Quote from Bob Smith :23 eh? I had guessed at 20 for working out air density in GRC for top speed analysis. Don't think it really makes that much difference but if this can be definately confirmed I could adjust my numbers.

20 would have been my guess too
In fern bay my tyres are at 23 degrees and cooling. Its only been about half an hour so it doesnt look like there is a temp difference or that the temp affects how cold the tyres get.
#11 - axus
Nice one. 23, eh? Seems like a bit of an odd number that... but varying track and air temperatures are on the S2 features list... wonder if they mean from track to track, or constantly varying and I wonder if track temps and air temps differ...
21 now with the xrt on road supers
This is cool but did you know that the LFS Tyres™ smoke when they're really hot? In the pic car is going only 10 km/h and... well you see the smoke.
Attached images
hot_tyres.jpg
Quote from deggis :This is cool but did you know that the LFS Tyres™ smoke when they're really hot? In the pic car is going only 10 km/h and... well you see the smoke.

Ehrm, right, well everyboody who drove the XFR once will know that hot tires smoke
Quote from eindewege :Ehrm, right, well everyboody who drove the XFR once will know that hot tires smoke

So true
alright i've got an xrg sitting on bw on evening setting with high wind let's wait and see
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :alright i've got an xrg sitting on bw on evening setting with high wind let's wait and see

Is it the normal or reversed config?

*tilts*
Quote from Hyperactive :*tilts*

Where!? Where!?
Oh you said Tilts, never mind.

Anyway, yeah it's really cool that the temperature depends on the track and weather, I don't think any other game has that!
l
Quote from Blackout :Did this silly test and I thought I share it with you. Car was standing still about 2 hours and 14 minutes, and final result was 23 degrees of celsius, temperature of LFS. Or atleast in South City. Well...did knew that?

but u were in the shade, try maybe staying under the crisp sun of SO
FE sayd 23C after the time I went out, got drunk and came back home, ~8h
blackwood, evening and high wind with an xrt settled on 21c
tits? what?
Its colder in Jamaica, 21 degrees..weird

edit. And Jonesy said 23...hmm
Attached images
Image4.jpg
This is juts great......

I cant belive.....
#25 - neRu
Did you guys know, that it's -99 deg in bl?
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9185/lfstemp5bo.jpg

Those tires have unbelievable grip! A shame the car resets at 11 km/h?
And those tires automatically heat to about 999 deg.

The dimensions is 200/180-14 on XR GT
Lowest tirepressure on R4 slicks. Press f9 and reset car, this is so weird!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG