The online racing simulator
Need advice on Selling a console
(13 posts, started )
I Am interested in selling my xbox 360 and i want to buy a PS3 (Mostly because of the Good racing games) but i dont know where to sell it,

i Would sell it on ebay, but i do not have a ebay account nor any type of Card Payments.

Does anyone know a good place where i could sell all this?

I Have been told that gamestation is a good place, but i dont know if i can get any better offers.

Also just to be a pain in the ass could someone estimate how much you think i could get for this?

Xbox 360 Premium Console
20 GB Hardrive
Wired Headset
Wirless Controller (Has a modded button on the back. Shoots fast on COD)
Wired controller

Games

Forza motorsports 2
Moto GP 06
Oblivion
Halo 3
Phantacy star Universe
Crackdown
Pro evo 6
PGR 3
Call Of Duty 3
Call Of Duty 4
Call Of Duty 5
GTA 4 + The lost and dammed which cost me £15
GRID
Fifa 09
Gears of war 2

Arcade games

3 On 3 NHL (Ice hockey) Its sick
Sonic The hedgehog 2
Ecco the dolphin
Dig Dug
Aegis Wing
Bomberman LIVE
Track and field

Over 5 months xbox live membership

[Sorry if i have posted in the wrong topic area]
How are you going to sell the lost and damned? You selling your gamertag too then?

Best place to probably sell it is any relatives or friends you might know. DO NOT take it into shops to trade in or sell, as they will only give you pennys. If push comes to shove, stick it on eBay with a reserve. Also, i think around £180-200 would be a fair price, depending on the condition.
Hmm i really dont know if i should sell it or not, because my dad keeps saying

'Well whats the point, you are loosing so much money'

But the thing is, i would rather sell it now than in 2 years time when it wont even be £150.

(I Have got so bored of the 360, PS3.. Has internet browser... Blu Ray... Good Racing games)

I Would save me £40 a year for no membership aswell.
You should check out CeX ( Cash Exchange ) They do some really good prices on some items, Have a look, I sold my old xbox there for £200+ with some games but that was quite a while back, and the prices of xboxs has gone down Alot, So i guess ur looking at £100 max for the console itself? correct me if im wrong
Well i have checked the overall price of all my xbox stuff in CEX Which was around £250

But Gamestation say they have the best trade in prices.. so i dont know whats better..
Quote from Jordan2007 :Well i have checked the overall price of all my xbox stuff in CEX Which was around £250

But Gamestation say they have the best trade in prices.. so i dont know whats better..

Go to Gamestation and check it then.....
Honestly you best bet would be to stick it on Ebay WITHOUT a reserve. People will bid more happily. At Gamestation you'll be lucky to get £150 for the lot, at max.
Selling your X360 for better racing games on PS3? don't go there man, really. X360 is much better for racing games. Forza 2 IMO is better than GT5P and then you have the PGR series which is really good as well (4 is really class in particular). The only 2 racing games I've heard for PS3 were GT5P and Motorstorm Pacific Rift which is off road racing anyway.

If you're absolutely determined to sell it, you could try Amazon but I think they may require credit card. I'm sure you could ask your dad or mum (if they have a credit card) or friend or whatever to sell it on your behalf. Not too hard to do. "Mum/Dad/Matey Watey, could you sell my xbox stuff on Amazon/eBay?"

If you do take it to Gamestation dont take the modded controller because they'll have a benny at you about Microsoft EULA.
you know your risking getting banned on XBL by using a modded controller.
anyway i think you should stay with the 360 cause forza 2 is better than GT5P(physics wise).
Quote from Jordan2007 :Well i have checked the overall price of all my xbox stuff in CEX Which was around £250

Also, Gamestation Price match CeX for me, But u need to take print outs of each item which could be a pain for u since u have alot, But i dont know if gamestation give better, Which they usually dont..
From my experience, you'll get a lot more for it selling privately, rather than a trade-in. Throw it on ebay (maybe sell the games separate, include a few in the main auction though), and you should get more than a trade-in. Unless you get the PS3 in gamestation too, and trade in the console for store credit, and flog the games on ebay. Usually games are worth next to nothing for trade-ins, maybe €5-7 each
yeah, its a joke what some games shops offer for games (few months ago, tried to sell my original copy of Forza 2 cuz I found the limited edition and best offer was like 2 or 3 Euros! when they were selling preowned copies for 20 selling it for 10x the money they'd give me. If I were you, I'd sell it in the local dealer or something, its smarter business wise because you can ask for a higher asking price because there shouldn't be many other sellers doing the same trick where they may be willing to sell their stuff really cheap, thus making you look like the cheeky expensive seller.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG