The online racing simulator
Live For Speed S1
(34 posts, started )
#1 - RMX
Live For Speed S1
Hello,
Few days I started to play LFS again... It's so sad, that there is only 2 S1 servers and they're empty. I cruised few laps in Fern Bay Black Reversed evening with my black rear-wheeled RB4... It feels sad, when I remember about 1.5 years ago, when servers were full of racers, we were racing, draging, drifting... Now I drive through empty track and it hurts. I guess I'm the only LFS gamer, who has S1, but doesn't have S2. I just don't have money for S2.
I didn't wanted to make S2 players go to S1 servers and play with me, I just wanted to confide...
Time moves on man, get with it or lose out, its unfortunate, but thats life

Dan,
Start saving - S2 has so much more!!!!!!

Beg, Steal and borrow if ya have to

(Not condoning stealing... just surprise lending!!!!)
i dont believe you cant afford £12. S2 has beeen out for ~8 or 9 month (i think) you could have easily saved that up in that time. Nobody races S1 because S2 is better, the new tracks and cars are better too.
come one start saving and join up 800 drivers online at 1 time
Leave the pub a bit earlier than your mates, and buy S2 from the saved money
lol i like hearing people say they can't find 12 pounds. are you living that close to the edge that you dont know where the next meal is coming from?

if you're paying for a computer and an internet connection surely you can find the money, or save it over a period of weeks

be truthful now; dont have the money for s2, or dont want to spend your money on s2?
A 16 year old living in Lithuania?, I could probably believe it

Dan,
#8 - Renku
I can play S1 0.3H today evening, if you'd like. I'll wash and wax my LX4 .
Use the demo not S1. There are hundreds of racers just wantin' to have fun.
And make sure you download S2, as the physics, graphics and content are much better. Then unlock it for your offline pleasure, and race on the demo servers until you can afford S2. Might be worth saving for S3 too, otherwise you'll be left behind when it comes out.

Do you still play Quake online and feel sad because people with Quake 4 don't play your version anymore? (Bad example, best I could come up with).
.....eh....he can unlock the S1 content in S2.....so he is not limited to Demo content even for multiplayer.....
No, but as no one plays S1 licences online, it's basically only for offline use now... Unless of course in the next patch Scawen allows S1 licenced people to race on S2 servers when only S1 content is being used.
Quote from tristancliffe :Unless of course in the next patch Scawen allows S1 licenced people to race on S2 servers when only S1 content is being used.

I know this has been suggested quite often already but I simply had to quote this for emphasis.
Ah.....I see.....stupid me

.....I guess that 'S1'-Button in the multiplayer is one of the buttons I almost never touched
I also only have S1, and would like to drive the demo online. But only as far as S1-0.3-E. After that, its impossible to steer with kb.
(Yes I have wheel, but dont want to shift gear for different games...
Looks like you're out of luck then. Not enough dedication to learn the new keyboard steering that actually takes skill to drive now, and at the same time too lazy to plug on the wheel
Yesterday I downloaded the oldest version of LFS available on the webste. I drove around a bit at blackwood, I think it looked better than it does now. More nature around, stuff like that. Weird thing is tho, that I get a maximum of 21 fps, all other times 10fps. While in S2 I always get 28-35
Quote from AndroidXP :Looks like you're out of luck then. Not enough dedication to learn the new keyboard steering that actually takes skill to drive now, and at the same time too lazy to plug on the wheel

Yup, thats me. Besides I dont like to use wheel...
Quote from Carsten_DK :Yup, thats me. Besides I dont like to use wheel...

Why?
Quote from tristancliffe :Why?

One reason is, that the wheel react different in different games. I have a lot of other racing games, that I play.

Another is, that I dont feel comfertable with it, nor the pedals.

Maybe I would, if I had this gear ;o)

http://www.carsten-bjerre.dk/ultimate.jpg
How do you mean it reacts differently? Which other games? Which wheel? Have you set it up correctly? Stick with the wheel and you'll love it!
Quote from tristancliffe :How do you mean it reacts differently? Which other games? Which wheel? Have you set it up correctly? Stick with the wheel and you'll love it!

It simply steers differenly in every game, even though I dont touch the settings in "Game Controllers" in the controlpanel..

The games I play are:
4x4 Evolution - Colin McRae Rally 2, 4, 5 - DRIV3R - FlatOut - Insane - Need For Speed Underground, MW - StuntGP - TmSunrise - ToCA Race Driver 2 - WR2.

Wheel: Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP .
Man, how you can compare NFS:STFU & MW to LFS :doh: Surely Force Feedback behave differently in this games...
Quote from Carsten_DK :It simply steers differenly in every game, even though I dont touch the settings in "Game Controllers" in the controlpanel..

Most propably it does steer differently (or feel, which I'm guessing you are talking about). Every game has its own game engine which means every game has its own feeling to it. Currently, as far as I know, LFS is the only "game" that delivers the feel straight from the road to the steering wheel. That means there is no pre-canned FF effects and pre-set steering feel that other games have. Most of those games you listed are pretty much arcade too, which means they have very arcade'ish feeling to them.

If the reason why you prefer keyboard over wheel is the different feeling between games (which I can't understand as a problem really), then use keyboard for those arcade games you listed and learn to get used to the feeling of LFS with your wheel.

Live For Speed S1
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG