Never Happened Before
(19 posts, started )
#1 - popsy
Never Happened Before
joining a server, and this message popped up repeatadly
Attached images
Error.JPG
#2 - amp88
It's a pretty descriptive error message. You've turned on high res skins in the options but you don't have enough credit on LFS World to actually download them. To fix this either buy LFS World credit or turn off high res skins (Options -> Misc -> Car Skins Download to 512 and Helmet Skins Download to 256).
#3 - popsy
how do i buy credit.?
thats a bit stupid, i never new that, so to get the most out of the game i have to spend more money, rip off if u ask me. so not only do u have to spend the $50 dollars to get a full license, u have to fork out another $X to make the game actually look good. pathetic.
I know, a whole £1 for 2000 skins is outrageous /sarcasm
:Eyecrazy:
#5 - popsy
oh 1 dollar? welll obviously i didnt kow that.
and you can copy them to your folder
lol
Quote from popsy :oh 1 dollar? welll obviously i didnt kow that.

1 pound :haha:
#9 - amp88
Quote from popsy :oh 1 dollar? welll obviously i didnt kow that.

Obviously when you don't know something the best reaction is to throw a hissy fit about it. If you actually researched the problem you would have found the answer on your own and wouldn't have looked like a screaming little girl

You can buy credit by going to LFS World then opening the "My LFSW Credit" item. It should be self explanatory (well...if you actually read anything that is).
Funny when scrolling down, I saw one mans confusion turn into anger and then the "oh shit"!

You don't need them to get the most out of the game, most skins that I use are downloaded from the skin section in high res if you just copy what's in your skins folder into skins_x they'll inevitably be hi-res anyway.

Besides it's only sucky sucky £1 for like loads of skins. xD
#11 - Jakg
Quote from popsy :how do i buy credit.?
thats a bit stupid, i never new that, so to get the most out of the game i have to spend more money, rip off if u ask me. so not only do u have to spend the $50 dollars to get a full license, u have to fork out another $X to make the game actually look good. pathetic.

The only other thing I can think of with autodownload skins is R2P - which costs more than £1 per thousand skins!

If you don't want to pay - you don't have to. But bandwidth costs money...
Quote from Jakg :If you don't want to pay - you don't have to. But bandwidth costs money...

Exactly...the default settings are for normal res skins (which are free), so at some point the OP will have had to change the settings in the options. Change them back to default (as I mention above) and the problem disappears. Logos and text on skins look a bit blurrier than before but if you care more about racing action you won't notice.
#13 - senn
It's only High res CAR SKINS, not track or anything else.
When your LFS credit falls below £1.00 or equivelent, you will recieve an E-mail from the LFSTech, letting you know you will need to top up to continue to recieve the HQ skins.

IIRC minimum "top up" is £3.00
£1.00 = 2000 skin downloads, better value than itunes

SD.
Remember that you can chose if you want to download the high res skins, it's not a must and you will not get this message if you just make LFS download standar - sized skins.

Personally I use highres skins on cars, but lowres on helmets. Saves some skins there
Quote from The Very End :
Personally I use highres skins on cars, but lowres on helmets. Saves some skins there

Thats exactly what I do too

SD.
Personally I don't care what LFS looks like at all. If you have time to admire the scenery at 200mph you're not racing. It's the least important aspect of any racing game to me. I'd play LFS if it has SNES-like bitmap graphics .... never understood that. Some people actually judge the enitre game by how it looks. NFS id sooo much better cos it looks great - oh the humanity!

aceracer
If you don't want to pay, just choose normal resolution skins in your graphics menu, rather than high resolution. (at least I still think that option is there)
Quote from aceracer :Personally I don't care what LFS looks like at all. If you have time to admire the scenery at 200mph you're not racing. It's the least important aspect of any racing game to me. I'd play LFS if it has SNES-like bitmap graphics .... never understood that. Some people actually judge the enitre game by how it looks. NFS id sooo much better cos it looks great - oh the humanity!

aceracer

At least I can see the difference between high res and low res skins, even in racing. Motives, logos and such looks funky and "low" ress (obvious) on the other cars, while high res looks quite good. Not much difference, but that little extra eyecandy is nice.

Never Happened Before
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG