The online racing simulator
mass LFS shutdown...
(8 posts, started )
mass LFS shutdown...
hi i'd like to report a bug. we were playing 3some with 4 AIs online. my mate created the server ingame. when the other mate was leaving with his 2 AIs, suddenly the server's and my LFS hopped out to windows without any warning. this two stop happened in max 3 secs, so i think that the third mate's leaving caused our LFS to halt. i hope what i wrote was understandable and helpful too.
#2 - ORION
Do you have a replay / an error offset / or way to reproduce it?
Are you sure that it's not caused by hardware problems?
whats your minimum sleep setting in the options?
your hardware / the server hardware?
was the server dedicated / no gfx / or with a driver on (I dont know exactly who left... sounds a bit like the host, but I think you were 3 guys? -> write personA, personB, HostC etc.)

the more info, the better
I think we had the same problem back on the last MoE race. I remember that it was said in the live stream that FrankMd (i think it was) couldn't leave the server cause that would produce other drivers to disconnect too. Well I'm not sure about this, perhaps Frank could tell something about it.
Quote from LRB_Aly :I think we had the same problem back on the last MoE race. I remember that it was said in the live stream that FrankMd (i think it was) couldn't leave the server cause that would produce other drivers to disconnect too. Well I'm not sure about this, perhaps Frank could tell something about it.

I think that was the co-commentator Andrea Grauel (and1), Alain. And if I remember correctly he even said that ALT-TAB or SHIFT-F4 would make LFS crash and he'd take someone with him.
Ah yes, well it's almost a week since the race, so I didn't remember exactly
well let's see. there were 3 players. I was player C , my mate who left was player B, and the server was host A. the biggest problem that we have no replays because B left the game, and A and C's LFS halted at that time. and that's why i thought it wasn't caused by a hardware error. the miminum sleep set at all the players to 1 ms.

my config: Gigabyte GA-7NF-RZ mainboard, AMD AthlonXP 1800+ T-Bred B, 512MB DDR400 Geil Value ram, GeCube radeon 9550 eXtreme,80GB Maxtor Hdd, 500W QTec BigFan PSU.

server's config: Asus A7N8X-X mainboard, AMD AthlonXP 2200+ T-Bred B, 1024MB Samsung ram, Gigabyte Radeon 9600Pro, 80GB Maxtor Hdd, 420W Coolink PSU.

so the situation was A created a server ingame so he can join the race. B and C arrived, A and C added one AI drivers, B added two of them. we were playing on Kyoto Oval (watching AIs killing each other ) then B had to leave and he did it. meanwhile A's and C's LFS halted.
As soon as you leave an host, if it was wanted or not, you still have a temporary replay file. It's located in your mpr folder and is called something like temp_mp.mpr. To save it you have to rename it.
hey LRB_Aly, thanks. i looked it up, and found. here it is: lfscrash.mpr

mass LFS shutdown...
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG