The online racing simulator
PLease, PLease HELP!!![hangover cures]
(39 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
All I can say is ATM I have the head in the freezer and its working, but when I remove my head the pain comes back

HELP!!!

E:

can post pics of head in freezer to illustrate severity
Do it do it!

A good tip is to eat, a LOT. Go down to the MC donalds or fast food nearby, eat a big hambruger with frites and a coke. First you'll feel strange, but after short time you will feel much better.
Also eating salty chips and chololate has helped me a lot, but the essensial, A LOT OF coke.
#4 - CSU1
A classic fry up!

Bacon, eggs, sausage (if you can be bothered to cook them), beans and a pint of water followed by a gallon of coffee.

Failing that go for hair of the dog and come down slower.
#6 - 5haz
I'm stuck in the house, with no bacon to fry, help!

The best cure for a hangover is to not get so pissed in the first place I believe.
what you need is a one litre bottle of IRN BRU!

Best tip, dont drink.
Better tip; don't stop drinking. Hangovers are for quitters.
#10 - Migz
Quote from StableX :what you need is a one litre bottle of IRN BRU!

IRN BRU Kills your sperm :| Dont drink that!
bacon + bread would be great for you! or one bottle of powerade or gatorade!
but next time before sleeping drink 0,5 liter mineral water with 1 or 2 painkillers, and the morning will be better(!!!it can destroy your liver, so don't do it often!!!)
well I rarely take tablets anyway as my liver and kidney have such amazing function I get little effect and have had considerable trouble in the past with tablet based treatments not working... so maybe I just dont get this...

Why would you take a painkiller before sleeping?

You're drunk, you wont feel pain anyway, and it will have worn off before you wake up.

I don't get it.
#13 - CSU1

heaven....it cools the inside of my head
*hands out free ice pop's*

Cheers
Quote from Bob Smith :Better tip; don't stop drinking. Hangovers are for quitters.

Actually I have heared that if you take 2-3 beers on the morning with hangover, it goes away. Have not tried it myself tho.
#15 - Zoig
Quote from The Very End :Actually I have heared that if you take 2-3 beers on the morning with hangover, it goes away. Have not tried it myself tho.

It works.
Another tip is to dirink as much water as possible before going to sleep.

CSU1: your first hangover?
#16 - CSU1
Quote from Zoig :

CSU1: your first hangover?

No, it's the first time I've drank:

4 * cans of Budweiser(waiting a lift to pub)
8 * Pints of carlsberg(drinking witth dad)
? * vodka & redbull(around 80 euro's worth )
1 * bottle of buckfast(brought half the pub home)
3 * large botttles of Bulmers
1/2 * bottle of vinegar(possible white wine)
1/2 * bottle of Morgan Spiced

... I now think I am dead

E;

The BK texican whopper is a life saver, as too is Wall's ice-cream's...*places head back in freezer*
Vodka Redbull kills. I suffered from that one.
Quote from Becky Rose :well I rarely take tablets anyway as my liver and kidney have such amazing function I get little effect and have had considerable trouble in the past with tablet based treatments not working... so maybe I just dont get this...

Why would you take a painkiller before sleeping?

You're drunk, you wont feel pain anyway, and it will have worn off before you wake up.

I don't get it.

i don't get it too, but it works, you feel better with this then without it(if you drink a lot)
Quote from The Very End :Actually I have heared that if you take 2-3 beers on the morning with hangover, it goes away. Have not tried it myself tho.

That's what I've always done back in my drinking days.

2 beers and a joint. Hangover gone.
well, you could not drink so much so you DON'T get a hangover.
I've also heard Liquid Paper is good for such a situation.
Quote from Bob Smith :Better tip; don't stop drinking. Hangovers are for quitters.

ROFL

Quote from Migz :IRN BRU Kills your sperm :| Dont drink that!

Really? I'll take ten crates.

This depends on the severity of the hangover I've found. For me, it's only worked on a low-medium hangover. A light hangover it doesn't do anything for, and for a really bad hangover it just makes me feel worse.

Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :well, you could not drink so much so you DON'T get a hangover.

It happens. Clearly you're not old enough to know.

I usually try to go the McDonald's route, personally. Failing that KFC seems to work okay (only time I touch that garbage). Sometimes going and puking, followed by a huge crap, right after you get out of bed helps a lot, too.

Also, be sure to just keep drinking fluids. Helps you rehydrate faster (obviously). The headache is caused by the lack of glucose getting to your brain, or something like that, so I've heard. Drinks/foods with glucose should help the headache.

Also, good practice is to eat a decent sized meal and lots of water/other non-alcoholic beverages before going to the pubs. If you do plan on drinking a lot it might be in your best interests to eat something easy to throw up, like pasta or stroganoff (spelling is horribly, horribly wrong).

I'd advise against the 2 painkillers before bed route. Generally it'll have more of a placebo effect than actually doing anything for you and it does hurt your liver a fair amount.

On another note.. has anyone tried those hangover pills? I Don't seem to have a consistent tolerance so I never know when I'm gunna get a bad hangover. Luckily I haven't had a hangover since X-Mas day, and that one wasnt bad, but my birthday is coming up....
oh my!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you will drink Buckfast, what do you expect
#24 - CSU1
Quote from MAGGOT :

On another note.. has anyone tried those hangover pills? I Don't seem to have a consistent tolerance so I never know when I'm gunna get a bad hangover. Luckily I haven't had a hangover since X-Mas day, and that one wasnt bad, but my birthday is coming up....

Yes, this morning I took two. It seem I've misunderstood the concept though, upon reading the back of the box of Life-Line they clearly are to be taken the night before - epic failure
Quote from CSU1 :Yes, this morning I took two. It seem I've misunderstood the concept though, upon reading the back of the box of Life-Line they clearly are to be taken the night before - epic failure

Bahahahaha

[EDIT] BTW, you promised a pic of your head in the freezer. Deliver!

How's the hangover progressing? It's been 4 and a half hours now

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG