The online racing simulator
jpeg compression?
(10 posts, started )
jpeg compression?
So this is my skin. Now I've a question. Can some one check it, and maybe make it better? Or can say what I can make better.

Thank you
Try not to compress it so much, there is a lot of artifacts and blurring around edges due to compression/quality settings of the skin. Are you using MSpaint or some other program?

If you are using MSpaint, you should try using something else, you really cannot edit the compression amount. If you don't want compression, just make a BMP image and post it here, someone could make a big finer quality JPG for you. If you are using something else, try and find the quality settings to get rid of those artifacts

If you don't know what compression artifacts are, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_artifact
Ok... I have to look for a BMP. I think I have one on another PC.
So... that's the bmp Version.
And here's a jpeg virtually without artifacts
Attached images
XFG_Zz0_Race.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :And here's a jpeg virtually without artifacts

Tank you very much
#7 - Bean0
Heres a .jpg from photoshop, and a screenie from cmx viewer.

I would move the playstation logo on the rear quarters up and back a bit, to keep it off the door handle and arch, also the playstation logo on the door seems to have a bit of white? around it where it was cut from the original image.

Looking good though

Maybe try using Paint.NET as an alternative to the normal Paint.
Attached images
XFG_Zz0_Race.jpg
XFGZz0_Race.jpg
I'll try using Paint.NET when I'll be making another skin, for example for friends, and so on.

I spent about one day in this skin, because I used Paint.

Thank you again.
One thing you want to learn to use first are the layers. It makes the job so much easier and faster
New Question - A request
Thank you Hyperactive. I'll try it.

Ehm.. I have a new question. (but I dont want to start a new Thread)

I often play LFS against my freinds. We have the idea of having "Pace Car Phases". One of us would be the Pace Car driver. We would like to have a nice Pace Car skin.

EDIT by Gunn: Warning! The following file is 1.6MB. 56k users beware.
Is there somebody who has got a Pace Car skin? I mean Something like thisone
http://www.ukexpert.co.uk/phot ... ta/847/75819131503_1_.JPG

I'd like to have it or an other good-looking Pace Car skin for the tree Demo Cars

Thank you... It would be very nice

jpeg compression?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG