The online racing simulator
When was your first ever mouse click?
(42 posts, started )
umm... around 2002 or so.
i dont use a mouse, i control everything with my head.
Quote from mutt107 :umm... around 2002 or so.

:wtf2::chairfall Are you serious? And you already have an S2 license.
when i was 6 my dad bought a packard-bell computer. Windows 95 ftw!!
I'd have said maybe 4 or 5, I used to play some easy PC games with my Dad.
November 1995 if I'm not mistaken. I usually played Dave and "Bump" (or something like that, a MS-DOS game in which the main character was a yellow ball). And quite a while later, Commanche 3. But I loved Destruction Derby 2 too!
#32 - 5haz
Aah, Commanche 3, many happy hours I spent buzzing round flattening everything in sight in free flight mode, and then fly off, only to find that the map just repeated itself over and over.

Taking out cattle was fun too.
Around 97,98 when we had an mac at home
Quote from AlienT. :Luckily someone took a picture!

No way are you 15 there mate, you must be lying about your age ya old sod!

Nah, that's Grandpa Rodgers. He knew how much I liked racing games even back then, but Logitech hadn't come up with the Momo Force yet. So, he built me that wheel controller for me for computer racing games.
Prior to computer mice, there were pucks for digitizer tablets. Rather than sense movement, these sensed position on the tablet and were mostly used to input vector information using the puck which had a button (or 2 or 3). I borrowed one of these for a while, but only after I had the Atari ST which already had a mouse.

I got an Atari ST back in 1985 (similar to Commodor Amiga, or an early color Macintosh, 8mhz Motorola 68000), which had a mouse. The software was basically MSDOS converted to run in a flat 32 bit address space, and had a windows like interface called GEM (from Digital Research) for the GUI. The racing game I remember best was super hang on.

I bought my first PC around 1990, by then 486DX cpu's and Windows 3.0 were released, so I had a mouse for that system.
i was knee high, they dad bought an Atari back in 92-93 and i was playing postman pat...

i was l33t
Quote from mrodgers :Nah, that's Grandpa Rodgers. He knew how much I liked racing games even back then, but Logitech hadn't come up with the Momo Force yet. So, he built me that wheel controller for me for computer racing games.

Hehe, yes that is a very nice wheel
I believe mine probably has been around '94, or something. It was a Compaq, I can't remember the model, but it was a horizontal tower with the screen mounted on top of it (no gap). It probably was on a Sierra game back then, but I couldn't say which. Or maybe on the Incredible Machine!

Some time after we acquired NFS2SE and that was the first racing game I played.
1998 or something. At school.
My sister started when she was 3, she is now 4 but very soon 5.
She surfs around youtube like a nerd, so funny to see, She puts hq, hd, fullscreen, volume, change video and scroll.
I think it was in 1995, when I tried Windows 3.1 for the first time (I was 3 then), I had to call "Mommy" or "Daddy" (or even my brother, who was 5 then), to type commands to play cheesy games that used the Motherboard speaker, such as a Fisher Price farm game with "interactive" interface, or a Game called "Bananoid" which had a small paddle and a ball, and the objective is trying to keep a ball up, to hit blocks for as long as possible, It was my brother's favourite, and so was mine.
The first time I ever saw a computer was in 1993 when I saw my dad playing Pacman. I first used a computer in 1997, an Amiga Commodore. First Windows OS only came in 1999/2000 though.

When was your first ever mouse click?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG