The online racing simulator
Names & Broadcast
Hello all,

I am creating this topic to create a clearer and more acurate idea of some of the names of the drivers in the TBO Challenge, mainly due to the fact that the races are now broadcasted (live).

I'd invite all the current drivers that may have a possibly difficult to pronounce name or the drivers that have heard their name mispronounced in the inaugural broadcast on the46 to reply to this thread and help us out.

You can use any way you see right to explain the pronounciation, such as "say-it-like-it's-written/write-it-like-it's-said", "official pronounciation symbols" and even sound files.

Feel free to correct us, this way we can more acurately name you, and all the best.

Thanks!
Just for information, my name was prononced correctly. Thanks.
My name is "Scott Moore" (Clockwork Motorsport)

My name is pronounced "More" (As in, "Please sir, may I see some more excellent racing")

Think it was pronounced "moooerr" or something. But if thats just the accent then I appologise and can compramise to that. Dont mean to offend anyone if it was just your accent.
#4 - J@tko
Quote from scotty2888 :Think it was pronounced "moooerr" or something. But if thats just the accent then I appologise and can compramise to that. Dont mean to offend anyone if it was just your accent.

If they're American/Canadian, then that's how they say "more"
My name is kinda easy to pronounce really...
Quote from scotty2888 :My name is "Scott Moore" (Clockwork Motorsport)

My name is pronounced "More" (As in, "Please sir, may I see some more excellent racing")

Think it was pronounced "moooerr" or something. But if thats just the accent then I appologise and can compramise to that. Dont mean to offend anyone if it was just your accent.

You southerners use 'Moor' while us amazing northerners use 'Moooooore'
Its just the accent, but ill try and pronounce it right next time
I was surprised my name was pronounced like it should be

(Blauwhoff)
Quote from Wilko868 :You southerners use 'Moor' while us amazing northerners use 'Moooooore'
Its just the accent, but ill try and pronounce it right next time

Like I said. I had a feeling it was just your accent and didnt intend to offend you. But thank you.

If you find you cant then just stick with the way you say it. I am sure I can adjust.
#8 - VoiD
Nice idea!

"Ranseier" sounds similar to "runs" and "liar" (of course without the "l") = "Run-siar"

Edit:
I´ll digging out my headset and will add some recording later on...
Quote from VoiD :Edit:
I´ll digging out my headset and will add some recording later on...

Or post a youtube video. I'm sure you can find one of a certain TV show where they say your name.
Cool.
Mine goes like this: soul-za. Add a quick D (like d'soul-za) and there you go!

(the D is not really necessary to be honest, whatever suits you best)
Great thread!

My name (Martelle) is pronounced "Mar--tell" the "e" on the end is silent.

Great job on the broadcast and I look forward to trying to get back into this series. (If I can.)
Quote from Toddshooter :Great thread!

My name (Martelle) is pronounced "Mar--tell" the "e" on the end is silent.

Great job on the broadcast and I look forward to trying to get back into this series. (If I can.)

I thought it was Martle in its pronunciation
Well mine is easy,

Keith MacDonald, yeah i don't need to explain that,
Quote from J@tko :If they're American/Canadian, then that's how they say "more"

What? I dont know about Canadians but in American Moore is pronounced exactly like "more"

Dont know if I'm going to be in this league or not since wilko didnt say anything about my sign up.

But.... Juen-Jen Wang = J'weun(this is said very fast)-Jian Wäng. Americans and english speakers in general i guess pronounces my last name as just Wang but it's suppose to be Wäng, so it's up to your discretion
You will more than likely be in the league lizzard
Quote from lizardfolk :What? I dont know about Canadians but in American Moore is pronounced exactly like "more"

"Mooeerr" is how I'd spell how an American says it...

Probably exaggerated but hey
I already said it elsewhere, but you got it right.
Finnish is a language that is pronounced like it's spelled. So just throw [] around any word and that's close enough.

Neanikoski is propably how my name would be spelled if it was English.
Quote from J@tko :"Mooeerr" is how I'd spell how an American says it...

Probably exaggerated but hey

Pronouncing it "more" here...
Quote from lizardfolk :What? I dont know about Canadians but in American Moore is pronounced exactly like "more"

Dont know if I'm going to be in this league or not since wilko didnt say anything about my sign up.

But.... Juen-Jen Wang = J'weun(this is said very fast)-Jian Wäng. Americans and english speakers in general i guess pronounces my last name as just Wang but it's suppose to be Wäng, so it's up to your discretion

Pronounced 'Wong' with the to dots over the 'a'?
errr Jack Ward
Quote from jwardy :Ja - k War - d

thanks for the info mate, now hopefully itll help the 'tator's
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Just for information, my name was prononced correctly. Thanks.

Just thought of it, who pronounced it right? :P

Laprevott or Laprevotti
Quote from Knight_Atack :Just thought of it, who pronounced it right? :P

Laprevott or Laprevotti

Ah. Heard only one version of my name, the right one : Laprevott.

Lap like "lap", votte lik "vote". And don't prononce the two e please, it's like they don't exist(from my own experience, people from English speaking countries are not able to prononce a decent "é", so, give up with the e.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG