The online racing simulator
Moldavian parlament election won by communists

Quote : The Communists took 46% of the vote, but lost ground to the opposition Democratic Moldova bloc and the Christian Democratic Popular Party.The Communists will have enough seats to pass laws but will not be able to elect the next president on their own. They used to be pro-Russian but now want closer ties with the EU. Tensions with Russia overshadowed Sunday's poll. The Moldovan authorities accused Russia of trying to influence the ballot. On Saturday, 100 Russians who said they were election observers were barred from entering the country. International observers said the elections broadly met internationaldemocratic standards. But the election "fell short of some key commitments, particularly regarding campaign conditions and media access," said the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE).
The centrist Democratic Moldova bloc, which wants improved ties with Russia and the West, won 28.4%. The Christian Democrats, who support closer ties with neighbouring Romania, had 9%. Moldova shares a language and cultural traditions with Romania. Opposition parties warned of possible fraud in the election process, and there were calls for rallies on Monday in protest. Only two other parties crossed the 6% vote threshold needed to gain seats in parliament. The Communist leader, President Vladimir Voronin, had pledged to continue Moldova's push towards European integration.
Two million voters are estimated to have cast their ballots.
Turnout was put at more than 60%. The election raised tensions already simmering between Moldova and Russia. In the weeks before the poll, dozens of Russians were arrested in Moldova, accused of spying. Russia has threatened trade sanctions and a visa regime for Moldovans in a row over Trans-Dniester, a region populated mainly by Russians and Ukrainians which broke away from Moldova in 1992.

You worry too much. We're not in the Cold War not, you know...and besides, there's a much bigger "communist" country out there in China. I placed communist in quotes because communism just does not work in practice, it always comes down to human greed. (the old clichéd saying of "all people are equal, just some are more equal than others" comes into mind). So stop panicking. And if that's not enough. It's Moldova for crying out loud. They're not gonna go starting WW3 on us.
Long live space race, long live... Moldova...

Quote from hrtburnout :Long live space race, long live... Moldova...

You don't see that posted as a relevant reply every day.

Well played, son. Well played.
I'm not following the moldavian situation that closely but I've heard the opposing movement has a nationalist stance (Not Good in my book), and is also asking for annexation to Romania, so much that a Romanian's involvement is suspected.

BTW I find highly entertaining that in Georgia Sakasvili is having a lot of troubles as a consequence of his failed blitzkrieg attempt. The star of Bush has waned and soon even Sakasvili's could be out.

You can't stop the rise of True Almighty Communism, Barack Obama is bringing on to take over the world

I would like to congratulate the prosperous people of Moldova, with making a glorious choice!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG