The online racing simulator
The TBO Challenge - Skins
Hello,

Please take note of the recent changes in skin detailing requirements.

As stated by the race administrators, the use of number plates is mandatory. Please refer to the following attachements for sets of preconfigured IMA-TBO.C number plates. These plates are designed to normalize field numbering, and improve visibility for broadcasts.

Attached are number plate skin kits for each of the TBO class cars (FXO, XRT, RB4). Please use the corresponding kit for your car. The kits are in transparent .png format, and will therefore easily apply to your existing skins, without the need to reformat, modify, nor rearrange (2048x2048).

As per rules, you are required to use a "Impact"-type font for the numerals on the number plates. If you do not have such a font, you can refer to the attached set of numbers to cut out and paste to the plates (transparent background, .png format).

In addition you may, but are not required to, include the series logo and the broadcaster's channel logo on your skin. These are for promotional use only, and you may use them at your will. (transparent background, .png format).

Thank you.
Attached images
FXO_plates.png
XRT_plates.png
RB4_plates.png
numbers.png
TBOC_logo.png
46_logo.png
Quote from Knight_Atack :
Attached are number plate skin kits for each of the TBO class cars (FXO, XRT, RB4). Please use the corresponding kit for your car. The kits are in transparent .png format, and will therefore easily apply to your existing skins, without the need to reformat, modify, nor rearrange (2048x2048).

Nice work easier to attach the number plates to the car and to the places where you guys want them. Then comes the BUT there is actually quite alot stretching to be made to make the numbers be in the right size. And it was a really pain in the ... to do. Ok i first attached the number plates to my 2048 skin(after changing the place of our team logo wich would have been under the plate). Then i changed the 2048 skin to 2560x2048 size to compensate for the stretching with the numbers, then wrote the numbers and guessed the angle which the number plate on the hood is which i think i didnt get right. Guessed -104degrees and it seems grooged in the skin that is ready. Then resized the skin back to 2048...

I like more the option where we get the plate and can then add the numbers to that before attaching it to the car. But anyway for those who arent so used to skinning there actually is some modification needed for the numbers to look the way they should.
Hi could someone help attaching plates on my car? I just spend half an hour trying and i'm getting nowhere. I can add my number myself but i dont know how to put the plates on my skin.
Attached images
FXO_spdo.jpg
Thanks for the numberplates
Quote from ChristijaNL :Hi could someone help attaching plates on my car? I just spend half an hour trying and i'm getting nowhere. I can add my number myself but i dont know how to put the plates on my skin.

If your using photoshop just open both files your skin and the plates file. Then activate the plates file and layers -> duplicate layer.. And from there choose the file where you want this new layer to be copied.
Attached images
FXO_spdo_plates.jpg
Here is my skin
Attached images
FXO_CWTBOC97.jpg
Quote from Jouman :Then comes the BUT there is actually quite alot stretching to be made to make the numbers be in the right size. And it was a really pain in the ... to do. Ok i first attached the number plates to my 2048 skin(after changing the place of our team logo wich would have been under the plate). Then i changed the 2048 skin to 2560x2048 size to compensate for the stretching with the numbers, then wrote the numbers and guessed the angle which the number plate on the hood is which i think i didnt get right. Guessed -104degrees and it seems grooged in the skin that is ready. Then resized the skin back to 2048...

I like more the option where we get the plate and can then add the numbers to that before attaching it to the car. But anyway for those who arent so used to skinning there actually is some modification needed for the numbers to look the way they should.

The plates are to make things standard. Giving a simple plate allows for less standardization as teams will resize it in different ways, stretch it in different ways, and place it in different ways. This makes it the same for all.

In addition, in no case do you need to resize your skin nor the kit. It is all made to fit perfectly (unless you have something under it, but meh). As for the numbers, these are a reference. If they aren't the exact size/width, it isn't much of a problem, but the important thing here is that the style of writting is the same. Even arial black could probably do the job, this is just to narrow down the choices, and not have peeps showing up with Comic or Times as numbers. Placing the kit and adding the number shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.
Quote from Knight_Atack :The plates are to make things standard. Giving a simple plate allows for less standardization as teams will resize it in different ways, stretch it in different ways, and place it in different ways. This makes it the same for all.

In addition, in no case do you need to resize your skin nor the kit. It is all made to fit perfectly (unless you have something under it, but meh). As for the numbers, these are a reference. If they aren't the exact size/width, it isn't much of a problem, but the important thing here is that the style of writting is the same. Even arial black could probably do the job, this is just to narrow down the choices, and not have peeps showing up with Comic or Times as numbers. Placing the kit and adding the number shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

Well meh, just don't like it when i have made every decal on the skin to take account the strecthing and then i have to add something that messes with that symmetry. Btw the plate on the hood is somewhat slightly different size then the two on the doors. But well thats just me i really like making every little detail as good as i can on the skin. True it wont be seen/noticed during driving, but anyway .
Quote from Jouman :Well meh, just don't like it when i have made every decal on the skin to take account the strecthing and then i have to add something that messes with that symmetry. Btw the plate on the hood is somewhat slightly different size then the two on the doors. But well thats just me i really like making every little detail as good as i can on the skin. True it wont be seen/noticed during driving, but anyway .

I understand. If there's someone here who makes the most attention to detail, is myself. I placed the hood plate this way, because making it straight and centered wouldn't work as most teams have something on there. So moved it to the side and added style. The plates don't need to be stretched, and I can't believe the numbers have to be this hard to fix. :P. Anyways
This isnt final skin yet, just posting if the font is ok.. Its Impact something consendsed... Gimp didnt have anything else for Impact font
Attached images
RB4_ER_IMA.jpg
Here's my skin. Anyway, it could be changed one day because I'm not happy with the TBOC's logos I've put on the doors.
Attached images
FXO_GreyBullIMA.jpg
#12 - VoiD
Anyone interested in some highres-skins for broadcasting/replays/whatever..?
Fonts are perfect guys.

@VoiD: What do you mean?
Fred Loves Pie racing skins
Attached images
RB4_FLP_2009e.jpg
RB4_FLP_2009j.jpg
First of all, Credits to Jouman for puting the plates on!

Here is the 2048 version ill be using.

Will the broadcast use high-res skins?
Attached images
FXO_spdo_Fired.jpg
Here's mine in 2048 size. If anyone wants to see it in HiRes.
Attached images
XRT_NCR_Scrap_IMA.jpg
Heres our skin for car #19 [ER] Staggie
Attached images
FXO_ER_IMA_19.jpg
#18 - VoiD
My #45 in 2048:
Similar to the old BTCC Audi Void. Nice.
Heres my skin in case I get to race today.
Attached images
XRT_TBOCHAL09.jpg
Hi,

i still don't have the numberplates in my skin. there is any problem?
for the next race i gonna have it, but for now is impossible.
#22 - VoiD
Tell us your # and attach your skin in 2048 here, I´ll do it.
Quote from VoiD :Tell us your # and attach your skin in 2048 here, I´ll do it.

many thanks VoiD!

Number #23

P.S.: i think, isn't the final version of our skin, but for now it ill make the party

EDIT: My final skin
Attached images
XRT_KARMA_TBO.jpg
My skin for this race.

As angel said, this isn't the final skin
Attached images
FXO_TBO_AUST_2.jpg
#25 - VoiD
Quote from Angel_ghost :many thanks VoiD!

Number #23

P.S.: i think, isn't the final version of our skin, but for now it ill make the party

Here we go, both versions:

1024 for lfsw and 2048 for broadcasting/replay/whatever. Don´t forget to change the name!!

Sorry for the collision with the sidelights, but it´s just a quick edit.

The TBO Challenge - Skins
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG