The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think about increasing the speed limit on ky1 and ky2?

No, 80 kph is fine
Yes, I'd like to have a speed limit between 100kph and 120kph
Yes, I'd like to have a speed limit upper than 120kph
Yes, I'd like to have a speed limit between 80kph and 100kph
Put on ky1 and ky2 an higher pit speed limit?
You certainly know that pitting on Kyoto Oval and National is not very nice, as the pitlane is very very long... So what do you think about increasing the speed limit on the pitlane to something like 100kph on these tracks? This would help a little bit IMO, and would reduce the amount of time loosing when leaving the pits on the qualifying session or pitting, having a DT or whatever.

So, what's your opinion?
80kph is fine. It's the same for everyone anyway, I don't see a reason to change it.
Quote from zeugnimod :80kph is fine. It's the same for everyone anyway, I don't see a reason to change it.

I don't know... In real life the bigger is the pitlane, the higher is the speed limit... For example in F1, we used to have 120 kph at Indy whereas at Monaco we have 80kph during the race and 60kph during practice.
I think the speed limits should be removed completely. It's all virtual, no one can get hurt, where's the need for security measures. Formula 1 got along without speedlimits for a long time.
Quote from Test Driver :I think the speed limits should be removed completely. It's all virtual, no one can get hurt, where's the need for security measures. Formula 1 got along without speedlimits for a long time.

It's a SIMULATOR, there's the need for it
#6 - majod
Quote from test driver :i think the speed limits should be removed completely. It's all virtual, no one can get hurt, where's the need for security measures. Formula 1 got along without speedlimits for a long time.

also I don't think it should be changed, 80 is ok now, but...ky has very long,wide pit lanes....
#7 - AMB
It doesn't effect anyone since everyone does the same amount of time no matter how long the pits is.
It should be shorter, but the speed of 80 kph seems fine.
Quote from Test Driver :I think the speed limits should be removed completely. It's all virtual, no one can get hurt, where's the need for security measures. Formula 1 got along without speedlimits for a long time.

This is worthy of sig quote

Ya, it's all virtual; let's also remove the damage altogether. No one gets hurt, aye? While we're at it, we could also remove the sandboxes or the grass. Oh, and why exactly do we have roll cages in the cars?
I think that the speed limit should be 100kph!
That whould help a bit more if you are in some endurance thing
Quote from jonas_16 :I think that the speed limit should be 100kph!
That whould help a bit more if you are in some endurance thing

How exactly would it help?
For KY at least, I think it should be 100kmh, maybe even 120kmh. It's a very long and wide pitlane, and there's plenty distance between the stalls and the drive-here-part, for joining cars to see the cars that are now doing 100/120kmh. Plus, most of the cars driven around KY are SS or GTR, which are very capable of doing 100kmh safely.

Ideally, I'd like to see pit limits being able to be set by InSim or maybe in the server config
One word - K.I.S.S.

well 4
As somebody who spends a lot of time there, I think it is quite a good idea.

Different speeds on different tracks in general would freshen things up slightly.
100 km/h

/thread
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Ideally, I'd like to see pit limits being able to be set by InSim or maybe in the server config

+1
Quote from morpha :

Quote :Ideally, I'd like to see pit limits being able to be set by InSim or maybe in the server config

+1

+2
80kmh-1 is a standard pit lane speed limit in real life, no need to use different (except for possibly 60 on FE Club?). 100km/h is a new thing for F1, and I don't like the idea for safety reasons.

Kyoto National uses the first set of garages. Maybe start the zone later in the garages, when the Indy Road circuit was used in F1 the first few garages were used, there was a mini-chicane where the limit ended and then the route used the outermost part of the half of the pitlane nearer to road course T1 (IndyCar pit lanes, like the pit lane at KY1/2 is wider than normal).
+1 for 100kph or insim controlled pit limit.
Each car would need to auto-adjust the pit limiter speed.

New speed sign dds's to. << Could be 'interesting' for server side config. setting.

Define: "Interesting" in respect to computers - FFS!
Good suggestion but there is no point suggesting things anymore, scawen (a nice guy) never looks at Impovement Suggestions, never posted. thats annoying
Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

/me waves
Quote from JasonJ :Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

/me waves

It doesn't mean it's there either! It might or might not be watching us right now! OMG!

/paranoid

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG