The online racing simulator
outsim for motion (a different approach?)
((if i duped, sorry :razz)

i was thinking about the outsim motion simulator videos that were pasted up here some time ago and was thinking of a different approach... that is if outsim supports it.

does outsim send any data about the position of the suspension? ie: if i run over a corner with only one tire, is there a way for me to know which tire hit the curb, and by how hard the suspension moves? similar to the F10 menu and the flickering bars.

this is as opposed to the g-force accel approach... or i guess it could even be used in conjunction to the g-force approach with the right simulator setup.

thanks for putting up with my ramblings.
struct OutSimPack
{
unsigned Time; // time in milliseconds (to check order)

Vector AngVel; // 3 floats, angular velocity vector
float Heading; // anticlockwise from above (Z)
float Pitch; // anticlockwise from right (X)
float Roll; // anticlockwise from front (Y)
Vector Accel; // 3 floats X, Y, Z
Vector Vel; // 3 floats X, Y, Z
Vec Pos; // 3 ints X, Y, Z (1m = 65536)

int ID; // optional - only if OutSim ID is specified
};

I suppose you could use a combination of pitch and roll to find which corner(s) of the car are raised. It wouldn't show which shocks are compressed though

Thinking about it, the OutSim data from LFS is quite limited. IMO it could give much more detailed info about the nature of the car
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I suppose you could use a combination of pitch and roll to find which corner(s) of the car are raised. It wouldn't show which shocks are compressed though

Thinking about it, the OutSim data from LFS is quite limited. IMO it could give much more detailed info about the nature of the car

bummer. so much for that idea for now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG