The online racing simulator
Round 2: Pre-Race Discussion and Briefing
Round 2 of the 3rd Season of the LFS Beginner's Cup and the 1st Season of the NDR Challenge will be held on Saturday, 11th April 2009. Details are as follows:

General Info:
Course: Aston Cadet (AS1)
Qualifying Duration: 1x20 minute session
Race Duration: 2x21 laps
LFSBC Cars: TBO
NDRC Cars: TBO

All Times in this post are in UTC. Currently, the UK is on Summer Time, which UTC does not observe - UK folks need to add one hour. Go to the Time Zone Converter to help you convert times.
Server arrival deadline: 18:20
Qualifying Session Start: 18:30
Grid Set: 18:55
Race 1 Start: 19:00
Race 2 Start: 19:30 (approx)

Driver Confirmation:
Please, drivers, confirm your attendance, and car selection by posting here. Please use the following format:

Car Number
Driver's LFS UserName
Class (LFSBC or NDRC)
Car Selection (RB4 or FXO or XRT)

Example:

dekojester
NDRC
XFG

Deadline for Confirmations is 17:30 UTC on Saturday, 11th April. As per the regulations, the penalty for failure to confirm in time is a start from the back of the grid.

Further Notes:

Please observe Name format as per the regulations. Examples:
Quote :
LFSBC: 00 J. Palmer
NDRC: 00 J. Palmer

LFSBC drivers shall color their car numbers yellow, NDRC drivers shall color their car numbers blue. You are to select no color (furthest right color button) for the rest of your name.

The Race will start via Standing Start.

The Safety Car Will wait to go to pitlane until all cars have completed the first turn without incident. After all cars are past Turn 2, and no deployment is needed, the SC will need to quickly head to pitlane, and enter pitlane and wait on standby at the end of pitlane. The SC should be clear of the course before the field completes the middle sector.

The SC will travel at approximately pitlane speed throughout the course, only slowing for natural slow points. The SC will once again be an FXR for this round. Drivers should remember SC distance regulations: The leader must remain around 8 to 10 car lengths off the SC, and drivers must leave about 3 to 5 car lengths between their car and the car ahead. Incidents due to following too close may be deemed to be caused by neglect, and a harsher penalty issued.

During SC deployments, the SC Inlap indication will come when the SC is between turns 5 and 7. At this point, it will begin to accelerate away, and the leader is expected to maintain SC pace, and is not to begin accelerating until it exits the final turn.

The track image indicating approximate Intermediate locations andturn numbers, as we reference them will be posted soon. Please use those in any protests you may make.

Please do not make protests in this tread, there will be a thread created for that after the race has been completed.

The layout for the race is posted. It includes a few things to act as cut deterrents, it also amends the blend lines...please take note of this.

No. Driver's LFSName Car Class Ballast (kg)

[B]Drivers who have Confirmed:[/B]

82 Fastwalker RB4 NDRC 36
93 BAMBO RB4 NDRC 30
616 Timdpr RB4 LFSBC 0
04 HighRoad FXO LFSBC 17
03 lucassena FXO LFSBC 11
21 n-murray TBA LFSBC 0
12 aobrien FXO NDRC 23
46 mrspeed21 RB4 LFSBC 6
02 buck77 FXO LFSBC 0
47 Kart0fL47 RB4 LFSBC 0
9 CSF XRT NDRC 0
22 Chrisuu01 RB4 NDRC 0
01 GreyBull [CHA] RB4 NDRC 0
53 Fuse5 RB4 NDRC 0
32 Syzmonek RB4 LFSBC 0
77 Hypothraxer RB4 NDRC 0
24 ivan.f FXO NDRC 0
23 Shaun463 TBA LFSBC 0

[B]Missed Deadline, but still confirmed before Qual Start:[/B]

[B]Missed Confirmation, but is in server for qualifying:[/B]

[B]Withdrawn from round:[/B]
69 Mike Bingo
31 Deesiel FXO LFSBC 0

d
Attached files
AS1_NDR.lyt - 2.9 KB - 309 views
Deesiel
LFSBC
FXO
fastwalker
NDRC
RB4
#4 - BAMBO
Bambo
NDRC
TBA
Car Number: 616
Driver's LFS UserName: Timdpr
Class (LFSBC or NDRC): LFSBC
Car Selection (RB4 or FXO or XRT): RB4
HighRoad
LFSBC
FXO
L.Sena
LFSBC
FXO
N.Murray
LFSBC
(Hope its ok but i have not decided yet between FXO or RB4 so...) TBC
aobrien
NDRC
FXO
sorry about my dumb question: what do TBA and TBC mean?
Quote from buck77 :sorry about my dumb question: what do TBA and TBC mean?

To Be Announced / To Be Confirmed

d
mrspeed21
LFSBC
RB4
Quote from dekojester :To Be Announced / To Be Confirmed

d

LOL
Thx...

I feel like a stupid by asking this!

SO...

buck77
LFSBC
FXO
is ABS allowed for this race?
Quote from Fastwalker :is ABS allowed for this race?

Yes, I'll allow it. I don't see that it would be too big of a deal here. The cars are fairly evenly matched, between the FXO and RB4 around here, XRT a bit slower. That's going off the WR and some brief testing.

d
Quote from dekojester :Yes, I'll allow it. I don't see that it would be too big of a deal here. The cars are fairly evenly matched, between the FXO and RB4 around here, XRT a bit slower. That's going off the WR and some brief testing.

d

Thank god we can use abs as my pedals are broken so I only have about half turbo around the whole track so without abs I would be dog slow LOL
ABS?!

I never even even knew about that, how do I use it/activate it?
You have to use Z10, then it's in the setup options.
Should we upload hotlaps of all combos, or only one of them? I'm asking, becouse with Z10 uploading is blocked.
Quote from Szymonek :Should we upload hotlaps of all combos, or only one of them? I'm asking, becouse with Z10 uploading is blocked.

u can upload them here on the forum i guess (attachments)

doesnt have to be on lfsw
Strictly it should be uploaded onto LFSW. And you only have to upload a hotlap for one of the combos
what would be a good race lap time for each car, please????

i think im too slow...
id like to compare my time!!

THX!
I´m in!

Number: 47
LFS-Name: Kart0fL47
Class: LFSBC
Car: RB4
Quote from buck77 :what would be a good race lap time for each car, please????

i think im too slow...
id like to compare my time!!

THX!

WR hotlap in the FXO @ AS Cadet is approx 56.?? seconds. 103% of that (approx 57-58 seconds) will be a good race pace if you can be consistent with those times. Not sure about the other cars.
thx m8 ^_^'

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG