The online racing simulator
Round 1: Protests and Penalties
This thread is solely for the protests and the penalties from them. Discussions are to be kept to the Post-Race thread.

Please post protests in the following format:

Lap and Timecode of Incident (as reported by LFS):
Cars involved:
Description of incident

d
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by J@tko : Very funny, but SPAMORZ11!!!!1
Hi guys I'm Just making a reprt on the driver S.Mathei can i just say that I went very well in qualifying but then in the race S. Mathei started last due to late regerstration i think and i didn't see him but i would say he was driving like a mad man because when he reached me he dived down my inside from MILES away and i had already turned in and was on the curn at that stage and he hit the backl of my car and i half flipped and lost lots of time. I forgot to save a replay so i cant attach 1 now so if you have one please look at it and tell me what you think.
-
(Mike Bingo) DELETED by dekojester
Quote from n-murray :Hi guys I'm Just making a reprt on the driver S.Mathei can i just say that I went very well in qualifying but then in the race S. Mathei started last due to late regerstration i think and i didn't see him but i would say he was driving like a mad man because when he reached me he dived down my inside from MILES away and i had already turned in and was on the curn at that stage and he hit the backl of my car and i half flipped and lost lots of time. I forgot to save a replay so i cant attach 1 now so if you have one please look at it and tell me what you think.

I will upload the replay shortly - get the timecode from that after I post it, and edit your post into proper format for it to be reviewed.

d
Quote from n-murray :Hi guys I'm Just making a reprt on the driver S.M can i just say that I went very well in qualifying but then in the race S. M started last due to late regerstration i think and i didn't see him but i would say he was driving like a mad man because when he reached me he dived down my inside from MILES away and i had already turned in and was on the curn at that stage and he hit the backl of my car and i half flipped and lost lots of time. I forgot to save a replay so i cant attach 1 now so if you have one please look at it and tell me what you think.

again sry for that
i actually braked a bit earlier than my usual braking point
just didnt expect u to go that slow in the corner
but yea its still my fault

i wanted to give place back but u were practically standing still

u didnt lose any other places i think tho?
I had a couple of incedents, but it was all very friendly, people apologised etc... However:

Lap and Timecode of Incident (as reported by LFS): Lap 26, 43:40.00
Cars involved: 616, 47
Description of incident: Overtaking before the s/f line. Gives me a little tap in the process, but that's marginal. It was even clearly stated a couple of laps back that you shouldn't pass before the s/f line! I don't like to do this, but...he needs to learn the rules.
Quote from Timdpr :I had a couple of incedents, but it was all very friendly, people apologised etc... However:

Description of incident: Overtaking before the s/f line. Gives me a little tap in the process, but that's marginal. It was even clearly stated a couple of laps back that you shouldn't pass before the s/f line! I don't like to do this, but...he needs to learn the rules.

yeah some gusy behind passed another guy behin me under sc to

And i dont know who its was but somebuddy nearly crashed infront of me and nearly made me crash becaus he made bald move at swiging back onto the track.
Quote from Timdpr :I had a couple of incedents, but it was all very friendly, people apologised etc... However:

Car 47 overtakes car 616 entering turn 9 coming to take the restart. I had stated earlier in the lap that lapped cars could duck out of the way (let lead cars through), but car 616 was not doing this at this time, he was braking to take the turn. Car 47 dives up the inside and takes the track position.

Car 77 is also found to have overtaken car 04 before crossing the start/finish line.

Cars 47 and 77 are being issued 30-second penalties for this, as the standard penalty for this would have been a Drive-Through, and Drive-Throughs are converted to 30-second penalties.

Also, on the restart, Cars 31 and 21 made contact in Turn 9, with Car 31 spinning and losing a place. This incident is still under investigation.
For the incident involving cars 12 and 06 at the end of the Qualifying Session, at Turn 6, a WARNING is being issued to Car 06 to be more aware of surroundings. A Caution (less severe than a warning) is being issued to Car 12, Car 12 is reminded to have a bit more patience in situations like that.

Protests are due to be submitted in proper format by 23:59 UTC on Sunday, 5 April 2009.

d
Quote from dekojester :For the incident involving cars 12 and 06 at the end of the Qualifying Session, at Turn 6, a WARNING is being issued to Car 06 to be more aware of surroundings. A Caution (less severe than a warning) is being issued to Car 12, Car 12 is reminded to have a bit more patience in situations like that.

Protests are due to be submitted in proper format by 23:59 UTC on Sunday, 5 April 2009.

d

Yah i was on a flying lap .. Up on my pb by quite a bit .. Myself and Lucas are good friends and i beeped him , he tryed to move but we both tryed to avoid each other, nothing serious..
Quote from Timdpr :

Like 5 Minutes before. Someone postet in the chat that I AM allowed to overtake that car because its 1 lap behind me in fact. We did not change positions indeed!

Thats the rule of every major Leauge, even like Formula 1!!

mfG Kart0fL
Quote from Kart0fL47 :Like 5 Minutes before. Someone postet in the chat that I AM allowed to overtake that car because its 1 lap behind me in fact. We did not change positions indeed!

Thats the rule of every major Leauge, even like Formula 1!

mfG Kart0fL

It isn't the rules in the NDR LFSBC/NDRC. I think you misunderstood what I said on the server.

Quote from dekojester :Remember, no overtaking before the start/finish line

Quote from Timdpr :I'm a lap down btw

I was enquiring as to what to do. F1 rules are:

Quote :When the circuit has been cleared of the incident that caused the safety car to be deployed, the message "lapped cars may now overtake" is given. Any lapped cars which are between the cars running on the lead lap at the time the safety car was deployed are required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car. They must then proceed around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and take up position at the back of the line of cars behind the safety car. This change ensures that all cars on the lead lap run consecutive to each other, eliminating any advantage a driver may have had in having lapped cars between himself and a rival. This was introduced after a backmarker failed to get out of the way on a restart at 2006 Australian Grand Prix, thus extending the leader's advantage.

and I was wondering whether I should pass the SC. I got the answer

Quote from dekojester :Lap car may opt to get out if he wished
We don't require it

which wasn't helpful!

But the point is, if deko says you can't do what you did, you can't do it! You pulled out a 2 second advantage over the guy behind you who didn't pass me before the s/f line. deko, could you think about implementing the F1 rule above to save any further chaos? I was in the way of everyone else.
Quote from Timdpr :It isn't the rules in the NDR LFSBC/NDRC. I think you misunderstood what I said on the server. (...)

I guess you´re right in this.

Quote from Timdpr : (...) You pulled out a 2 second advantage over the guy behind you who didn't pass me before the s/f line. (...)

Andy isnt in my Class so i didnt worry about.

For me its like 616 just accelerated much slower because he wanted to let other pass and dont make any trouble. Thats why he said he is laped out.

To bad i did not save the replay. I hope it will be postet soon.

mfG Kart0fL
Quote from Kart0fL47 :I guess you´re right in this.

Andy isnt in my Class so i didnt worry about.

For me its like 616 just accelerated much slower because he wanted to let other pass and dont make any trouble. Thats why he said he is laped out.

To bad i did not save the replay. I hope it will be postet soon.

mfG Kart0fL

I did accelerate rather slowly, but by the time I got on the throttle you were already ahead of me! Anyway, let's just drop it now. I can see why you did what you did, but it was against the rules, which were clearly stated.

The replay is here.
Well lets drop it.
that was my first Race since 2 years i think. So i were a bit frustrated. Lets see foward to some further races!

Thanks for the replay.

mfG Kart0fL
Right, it appears I made the mistake of using BLUE for the colour of my race number when I should've used yellow. As a result I appear to have been classed in the NDRC, scoring points I would not have scored if I was in LFSBC class

This was my own mistake and I won't make any excuses.
Quote from Mike Bingo :Right, it appears I made the mistake of using yellow for the colour of my race number when I should've used blue. As a result I appear to have been classed in the NDRC, scoring points I would not have scored if I was in LFSBC class

This was my own mistake and I won't make any excuses.

Don't you mean blue? Yellow is LFSBC isn't it?

EDIT: Seen your post in the points thread, you did mean blue!
Quote from Timdpr :Don't you mean blue? Yellow is LFSBC isn't it?

EDIT: Seen your post in the points thread, you did mean blue!

Whoops

[fail]NOTE TO SELF PROOF READ POSTS[/FAIL]
Quote from dekojester :Also, on the restart, Cars 31 and 21 made contact in Turn 9, with Car 31 spinning and losing a place. This incident is still under investigation.

Yes I apolagise for causing that spin but I was stuck behind that car for the lenghth of the sc and longer and either I was ALOT quicker than him or he was going half speed as the sc was on the track but the person ahead of him sped away as the sc was a half a lap ahead and was going very fast so I was just very anoyed but as I recall I waited untill he was accelerating again facing the right way untill I started to accelerate. Again I apolagize ,I was just very frustrated
Quote from Fastwalker :again sry for that
i actually braked a bit earlier than my usual braking point
just didnt expect u to go that slow in the corner
but yea its still my fault

i wanted to give place back but u were practically standing still

u didnt lose any other places i think tho?

No no I apoolagize for reporting you it was just at that time i was VERY anoyed at my performance through-out the race and btw i lost a few places from it but only because i had no speed down the straight. I would like to cancel that report if i could... Sorry again for reporting it hopefully i will do beter in the up coming events.
For the incident involving cars 31 and 21 on the restart, Car 21 has been issused the post-race equivalent of a stop-go penalty, which is a 45 second time penalty. The penalty is for causing an avoidable incident. This does not affect his finishing position, but is reflected in the results.

Results now official.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG